Formal Season: Trend Report

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

In between the Vernal Equinox and Summer Solstice, falls a very special season (well, at least narrowly in the minds of a particular letter-clad crowd): Formal season. ‘Twas the season of….

• All of a sudden becoming an awe-inspiring artist. But really, Becca, you totally had the best cooler at ATO!
  • Pretending, let’s be honest, to be following a strict “formal diet”
  • Reevaluating your dating life
  • Reevaluating your academic life
  • Mass migration to lower-end hotel resorts in sunny Florida

For some, it was a fleeting moment of fraternity joy. For some, sunburn was their parting memory. For some, it was nothing more than a party-ing memory. And for some, it was a severe annoyance to their Facebook newsfeed.

But hey, take life with a grain of salt. And a drink in your hand.

Let’s look back on some of the trendiest daytime beach looks and formalwear extraordinaire. 

Mixed and Matched bathing suits were all the rage in Pensacola, FL. Fringe and Bandeau tops were very popularly paired with cute, colored bikini bottoms.

Must not deny that Abs are always strong in formal fashion. Good work, boys! And, oh wow… is that a former Campus Cutie that I spot?!

From beachwear to formalwear, Emory boys proved that (at times, in accordance to their personal liking) they really know how to clean up. What a dapper array of suits and ties!

As for the ladies, meet the new LBD: the Little Blue Dress. (The “little” falls in reference to the trendy cut-outs) Also, Cobalt blue is a beautiful shade on everyone. Looking great, girls!

Her Campus at Emory University