The Final Decision: Top 10 Reasons Why Emory is the Right Choice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

The college process is definitely daunting, but my experience has made it all worth it. We’ve all been there at some point or another, and it’s definitely not an easy choice. Personally, I couldn’t imagine my life if I had gone somewhere other than Emory — there’s way too much I love about this school that can’t fit into 10 points. So, whether you’re coming to Emory next year as the class of 2019 or know someone who is or are maybe just beginning the college process, here are some reasons why Emory is the right choice:

10. We’re ranked as the 21st best university in the country.

And for anyone who’s upset about the one rank drop, let’s be real here: we all know the real celebration always comes at 21 anyway. 

9. We have plenty of NJBs.

Just because Emory isn’t located in the tri-state area, doesn’t mean the whole school isn’t from there.

8. We have Maggie’s. And Rick. And Steak n’ Shake.

Because we all know there’s nothing better than spending three nights a week arguing with a bouncer to let you in, and then of course rewarding yourself with a milkshake and large fries when you succeed.

7. We have the best pick-me-ups to your day that you will ever experience in your lifetime, Blue Donkey Coffee and King of Pops- reliably there for us every Tuesday at the Farmer’s Market.

Talk about a pick-me-up after a Monday.

6. Never again will you be deprived of your Coca-Cola products.

In fact, you might find yourself in need of a Coca Cola cleanse. To be honest, I started mine in January and have been clean for four months strong…

5. Our freshman dorms could double as luxury hotels.

But if you end up getting assigned Dobbs, I don’t make any promises.

4. Our unofficial mascot, Dooley, easily kills the mascot game.

Okay, so we may not have a Wolverine or a Badger. But, if you’re going to try to compare our school’s spirit with Michigan’s, just remember that we, on the other hand, have an entire spirit week where Dooley dismisses our students from classes. Do you have that, Michigan?

3. We get to enjoy the number one perk to going to a city school: living in a foodie’s heaven.

Now, if only the ATL restaurants accepted Dooley Dollars…

2. No football, no problem: Emory makes up for it by showing us a pretty good time.

Once you get over the idea of the Saturday tailgate, the Saturday night will definitely not only make up for it, but can go above and beyond with endless possibilities for a night out (even though we know that we’ll probably end up at Maggie’s, spending our Saturday nights singing “Piano Man” and getting pushed and shoved through the crowd).

1. Our campus is basically the equivalent of going to college at a country club.

The only thing we’re missing is the golf course…

Picking the school that’s right for you definitely isn’t an easy choice, but I couldn’t be happier with the decision I made during my senior year. If you’re looking to go to a school with a work-hard play-hard atmosphere and some of the most amazing people you’ll ever meet, then Emory is the school for you! You won’t regret it. 

Her Campus at Emory University