This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Fall is the ultimate season in my book. It’s cooler than summer, warmer than winter, and has fewer allergies than spring. Nasal spray and Benadryl are not the trendiest pocketbook items to pull out in the middle of class, am I right? You know fall is just around the corner in Atlanta when orange, red, and yellow start to speckle the trees on campus. Ah, a fabulous fall sight! 

So get prepped for fall in Atlanta by pulling out your favorite knee-highs, transitioning from iced to hot coffee, and getting your Snapchat Story to consist mostly of autumn landscape pics. Sorry, but the days of trendy beach pics are long gone. Check out the list below for the BEST ways to savor the fall season at Emory! Maybe you’ll “fall” in love with this season, too.

1) Go for a run or walk in Lullwater

On a cool, crisp afternoon there’s nothing like getting some fresh air at Lullwater Park. It’s an escape from the Emory Bubble and has a picturesque landscape, especially during fall.

2) Little Five Points Hallween Festival & Parade, Oct 15

Named one of the top ten Halloween events in the entire nation, this is a local event not to be missed! Celebrate Halloween in a unique setting where people from all over the region rock their most unique and scary costumes! Wear your own costume to the event, or just come for the experience and festivities!

3) Netherworld Haunted House (tickets sell for nights in October/November)

This haunted house was probably one of the best things I’ve ever done in my life. No joke. I personally get scared very easily, so you can imagine how my experience went. Let’s just say I woke up the next morning with an extremely hoarse voice, but it was well worth it. Attend the event with your friends or SO, because you will most definitely need someone to push you through the entire experience. It is scary to say the least, but a super fun, memorable experience. Notice my attempt at not giving away too many details…you’ll have to find out for yourself! Keep in mind the line to get in takes roughly an hour, so be prepared and plan ahead!

4) Bike the Beltline

Outdoor activities are perfect for fall weather in Atlanta. Just like going to Lullwater, biking the Beltline is so nice this season! Grab a friend, and explore ATL and all its autumnal beauty. Take a pit stop and park your bike inside Ponce City Market for some food. Don’t forget to hit up one of the parks along the way!

5) Run through some leaves

So nostalgic and cheesy, but so necessary all at once. When the leaves at Emory start to pile up along the quad, building into mountainous piles, give into the temptation and just start runnin’. Maybe even jump into a pile, or hide in one and scare a friend. That’s always fun. Piles of leaves also are good props for photos. Pose for a “peek-a-boo” snapshot, and you’re bound to rack up the likes.

6) Drink hot cider (at DUC in Oct/Nov)

If you’re not a coffee or tea type of person, there’s always hot apple cider during the cooler months! Last year in October/November, the DUC offered hot, spiced apple cider in the entryway between the soups and drinks! If it isn’t offered this year (which would be a shame), buy some cider at the farmers market or just about anywhere else! It’s a nice seasonal touch to your beverage repertoire. :) 

7) Go Apple Picking

It’s apple season! Take advantage, and pick some apples of your own. Talk about farm to table. You could even bake an apple pie which is the most autumnal thing you could do, right? Once a year, Outdoor Emory provides a trip to an apple-picking farm. I’ve also got an insider tip: every week at Emory’s farmers market is an apple stand selling apples from a local apple farm! Although you miss out on the experience of handpicking apples, at least you can take advantage of the prime apple season, buy locally, and save time. A win-win in my book!  

Her Campus at Emory University