This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

When I was little I used to play dress-up in my mom’s closet. Running around in her dresses was always a good time, but wearing her shoes was always my favorite part. Then, when I was a little older, I’d still go in there, except this time it was to adamantly demand that she throw out those hideous pointy-toed shoes. Now I wish I hadn’t.

Pointy-toed shoes are back in business and it looks like they’re here to stay. They’re everywhere, both on and off the runway, kicking butts and taking names. From stilettos, to flats, to boots – they come in every style imaginable and it’s time to get your hands on a pair.

Now that we’re in the middle of the colder seasons, boots have been my focus and there’s no better way to spice up my shoe closet than a new pair of pointed booties – especially ones with a heel. The tapered off front of the shoe not only makes your foot look daintier, but it packs a punch and makes every outfit look that much better.

If you’re not ready to commit to a sharp point you can always start with a duller front. It isn’t a “go big or go home” shoe, so you can always play around with different angles and styles until you find a pair you like. I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Her Campus at Emory University