Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Celebrities

Elizabeth Neyman '15 President of Sexual Assault Peer Advocates

By Emily Greenwald
September 16, 2013 - 10:03pm

Elizabeth Neyman ('15) is the new president of Sexual Assault Peer Advocates (SAPA). She fills us in on what this incredible organization has in store for the Emory community this academic year. HerCampus Emory (HCE): What is SAPA's main goal for this academic year? READ MORE

Huyen Nguyen '16, Featured on BET's The Game!

By Amirah Mahdi
September 9, 2013 - 12:59am

I remember sitting in the hotel flipping through channels and stopping on BET's The Game because I saw a familiar face: college sophomore Huyen Nguyen. I knew she was interested in modeling, and now here she was being featured on a popular TV show! You may have noticed this pre-business and philosophy major in the spring 2013 edition Emory Bubble Fashion magazine looking absolutely stunning. When she's not modeling or showing up on your TV screen, Huyen enjoys working out (her boyfriend holds a class in the WoodPec on Tuesdays and Fridays!) and knitting. Read up on this awesome gem that Emory is lucky to have! Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you get involved with BET's The Game? READ MORE...

Jessica Simon, B'15, President of RHA

By Emily Greenwald
September 1, 2013 - 5:25pm

For those of you who were on campus last spring, you witnessed a nail-biting, pants-wetting, nerve-wracking election for RHA (Residence Hall Association) president (seriously, those votes were recounted more than Bush v. Gore). Now that we finally have a president, Her Campus Emory sat down with B-School junior, Jessica Simon, to get the scoop on the job. For the Class of 2017 who might not know her yet, you’ll recognize her from her cameo in Emory's welcome video (click to 20 seconds in) as the girl who loves breakfast… and Emory too! Here's what this Campus Celeb has to say about new Res Life plans, why she loves her leadership position, and her fav breakfast dish....

Heidi Liu '13, Author or 'Number 24'

By Amirah Mahdi
May 4, 2013 - 9:30pm

If you attended the Emory Dance Company concert, then you witnessed the work of Heidi Liu ’13. However, outside of the dance world, Heidi is a published author, whose book Number 24 is now being sold at Barnes and Noble as well as on NOOK. Read up on this college senior and get the scoop on her new book! Her Campus Emory (HCE): What inspired you to write this book? READ MORE

2013 Greek Awards Recipients!

By Marni Baron
April 27, 2013 - 8:36pm

The 2013 Greek Awards took place in Cox Ballroom on Thursday, April 25th. Each chapter nominated members for awards including Best New Member, President, and the Greek Man and Woman of the year. Her Campus Emory would like to honor the winners: Best new members: Tom Ianelli and Janelle Elysee Greek Man and Woman of the Year: Victor Rudo and Catherine Muse President: Dan Bobier and Blair Hunt  READ MORE

Feminists in Action President Lindsay Falkenberg '15

By Amirah Mahdi
April 20, 2013 - 12:00am

I need feminism because…you finish the sentence. Meet Lindsay Falkenberg,’15, president of Feminisists in Action (FIA), the group on campus who sponsored the ‘I need feminism because’ campaign, as well as others. A Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies major from OH, Lindsay has aimed to make sure Emory is aware of issues regarding gender inequality. So get to know this week’s celebrity! Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Feminists in Action? READ MORE

The PosterFuse Founders

By Marni Baron
April 13, 2013 - 10:15pm

Emory juniors Stephanie Chan, Michael Simon, and Denver Rayburn were driving back from lunch during move-in week in August when they began discussing how they had so many photos from their summer vacations, but could not think of a fun way to display them in their apartments. Thus, the three students, who are passionate about entrepreneurship and technology, launched their own start-up, PosterFuse. READ MORE

DJ Courtney, Courtney Rivkind '13

By Amirah Mahdi
April 5, 2013 - 10:46am

If you were at Sigma Chi this past Saturday for the Monster Energy Outbreak College Tour with CLMD, then you for sure witnessed, DJ Courtney. Meet Courtney Rivkin ’13, the winner of the Campus DJ competition, which featured 5 DJ’s from Emory, GA Tech, and Georgia State on March 26th at Scoreboards. This senior from Miami, FL now has the chance to compete at the National Finale competition in LA for the best student DJ. Her genres of music include House, Electro, Hip-Hop, and Indie. I know I enjoyed DJ Courtney’s set on Saturday, so get to know this campus celebrity outside of the DJ scene. Her Campus Emory (HCE): When did you start DJ’ing? Courtney Rivkind (CR): I started DJ’ing almost 6 years ago. ...

Chipper Jones- 2013 Class Day Speaker

By Marni Baron
March 30, 2013 - 1:21pm

Baseball fans are all excited that Emory’s Class Day (Thursday, May 9th) speaker will be former Atlanta Braves third baseman, Chipper Jones. Class Day includes the presentation of class gifts and awards, and a special address from the keynote speaker. After 19 years on the Braves (the only team he has ever played for professionally), Jones retired in 2012 at age 40. His athletic accomplishments include having the most RBIs of any third baseman and being known as one of the best switch-hitters of all time. The Braves will retire his jersey, number 10 this June and will induct him into the Braves’ Hall of Fame. Chipper also started the Chipper Jones Family Foundation, through which he has donated to organizations such as the Boys and Girls Club and Little...

Leah Regenbaum '14 President of ASAP

By Amirah Mahdi
March 21, 2013 - 12:00am

Since Emory has seen a recent increase in reported rapes on campus, many have wondered does this mean more rapes are occurring? Is campus safe? Meet junior Leah Regenbaum, ’14, president of the Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP), a group whose mission is to educate the community on sexual violence. Leah is here to discuss her role in ASAP and the impact it has had on Emory’s campus. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month so be on the lookout for ASAP’s events on campus! Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you become involved in ASAP? READ MORE