This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Cold weather is finally upon us! The newly chilly temperatures probably mean that the old flip flops you rocked all summer aren’t cutting it anymore, so let’s talk about our favorite fall footwear: boots!

Boots are a sweater-weather classic, and you’ve probably already seen a lot of girls wearing them around campus. They’re warm, versatile, and come in so many varieties that you can probably find one to match to any outfit. Here are some of my favorites:

First, let’s start with the basics: your traditional comfy boot. These are great for those days when you’re feeling a little lazy and just want to be comfortable. Pull them over leggings, and you’re good to go! Now here’s something that most of you probably need with our unpredictable Atlanta weather: rain boots! While a lot of people assume that these are worn strictly for practical purposes, they can actually be simultaneously utilitarian and stylish. These, for example, are sleek and chic, but will protect your feet from any mud puddles you encounter!

Next, for times when you’re feeling your look and you’re ready to go out and party, we have stiletto boots. These pair really well with a dress, or can be worn as an accessory with jeans. If you’re looking to make an entrance, these are the boots for you!

Moving on, here’s a kind of boot that’s a staple in my wardrobe: the over-the-knee boots. These can be a little hard to find and match with certain outfits, but once you have your favorite pair, you’ll never want to take them off! Wear them with leggings for a minimal effort pulled-together look.

Finally, as we’ve mentioned before, fringe is huge this season—what better way to embrace this trend than by throwing on some adorable fringe boots? The amazing thing about them is that they literally look good with anything, from dresses to shorts to jeans.

Her Campus at Emory University