Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

5 Street Style Blogs to Follow Now

By Jordan Schechter
April 18, 2014 - 12:21pm

Camille Over the Rainbow Link: www.camilleovertherainbow.com Who: Camille Charriere Nationality: British/French Style: classic/sporty What she posts: OOTD’s, recent purchases/desires, reviews of the latest designer collections, super trendy Polyvore collages Maja Wyh READ MORE

What We Can Learn About the Fashion World From The Devil Wears Prada

By Jillian Taub
April 17, 2014 - 12:44pm

If Devil Wears Prada isn’t one of your fave chick flicks, then I am hardcore judging you. Not only does this movie star incredibly talented actors Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway and has the hottest guys in it (Nate <3), but it also gives an accurate depiction of the fashion world. We are given an inside peek into the fashion industry- the good and the bad. Here are some things we can learn:  1) People like Miranda Priestly do exist in the real world. It’s believed that the movie is based on Anna Wintour, Vogue’s editor in chief. Scary, but true.  READ MORE

Maxi Dresses: The New Sweatpants

By Hilleary Gramling
April 15, 2014 - 12:46pm

It’s 8:50am and you have class at 9:00 and there’s no way you’re going to class without at least a little bit of makeup on. Then you think to yourself  “if I do my makeup I won’t have time to pick an outfit… I’ll have to wear sweatpants..”  Right? WRONG. Maxi-dresses are the spring’s sweatpants. They’re slimming, comfortable and trendy, and they just slip right over your head! If you don’t like to wear pants then maxi dresses are for you because technically you’re still not wearing any.   READ MORE

5 Ways to Switch Up Your Look for the Springtime

By Sade Tavangarian
April 11, 2014 - 1:44pm

It is finally spring season, which means say hello to fabulous and goodbye to dark, dreading days. A new season is the best excuse to switch up your look. Here are five pointers to change it up. 1)   Play with different textures. Try pairing harder, rugged, masculine pieces like motorcycle boots with more feminine clothing like softer materials with a floral print. 2)   Experiment with jewelry. Try layering necklaces or stacking rings. This gives a very personal look. READ MORE

April Showers Bring Organic Cosmetics

By Adrianna Arjona
April 11, 2014 - 12:47pm

As spring slowly sets in (and like super slowly…what’s with these random cold, rainy days?? We all want to wear shorts already!), we start to notice all the pretty flowers and realize: OMG, it's April, Earth Month! April 22nd is Earth Day, but the entire month of April is a celebration of our dearest mother Earth. It’s a month to really try to recycle, use less water, and transition into using organic beauty products! Many of us now only eat organic food, but why not also make a complete lifestyle change and include organic products in our beauty regime too? Just as non-organic food is harmful to your body, non-organic beauty products are just the same. READ MORE

Pretty in Pastels

By Nathalie Simon
April 10, 2014 - 12:42pm

It's time for a rainbow of soft springtime shades to reign surpreme throughout the spring 2014 collections. The best thing about the pastel trend is that you can pick your most-flattering color and wear it with whatever silhouette flatters and excites you. From a minty-green board-shorts suit to a sexy-CEO lilac dress to sporty baby blue bombers, the sky's the limit on how pastel you want to get. Get ready to see a ton of pastels everywhere because the "it" shade of the season is one of the biggest spring 2014 fashion trends. The choices are endless in terms of color from pink, purple, green, coral and blue.  READ MORE

All White, All The Time

By Emily van den Berg
April 8, 2014 - 12:58pm

Fashion rules are meant to be broken, and none more so than the ever-famous “no white after Labor Day.” Why on earth anyone would ever ban a certain color is beyond me, especially when it’s such a classic one as white. Fashionistas have been throwing caution to the wind for a while, and winter whites have never been as big as they were these past couple of months. Now that the sun is finally trying to peek through the clouds and spring is officially upon us, it’s time to take our whites to a whole other level. READ MORE

Favorite Spring Hue: Sweet and Sporty Citron

By Sam Bleiweis
April 3, 2014 - 12:46pm

Attention seekers everywhere: this hue is for you. You know that “wowza” look you get when you walk into a room in a bright neon yellow shirt? Maybe it’s that great button down, or the neon frock has overstayed its welcome. Update that neon with one of the season’s best close relatives—citron. This striking cross between green and yellow allows you to exercise that neon wild side without blinding those within twenty feet. The citron color skirts that fine line before between bright and fluorescent. It’s dainty enough to wear out to brunch for a gentle and cheerful outfit, but can be dressed up enough to create an edgy vibe for those raucous nights on your favorite Maggie’s table. READ MORE...

Blazers: Not Just For The Office

By Emily van den Berg
March 28, 2014 - 12:18pm

Whenever we think business casual, our first instinct would be to pull our beloved perfectly-tailored black blazer out of our closets, and we’d be right. However, blazers can go a much longer way than just being an occasion-only staple. Blazers can not only classy up an otherwise overly casual outfit, but they can do the opposite as well. Worn right, your blazer can be your new outfit staple, even in the most casual situation. READ MORE

Tattoos as a Fashion Statement

By Jillian Taub
March 27, 2014 - 2:47am

Getting a tattoo is highly controversial. Teens countdown the day til their 18th bday, when they can legally get a tattoo without their parents consent (regardless of if you get one, it’s still cool to say you can). Parents hopelessly give the “you will regret it” lecture, while the kids stick it to Drake: YOLO. Sorry mom. People get tattoos for all kinds of reasons. Whether it’s a drunken mistake, an attempt at teenage rebellion, or a declaration of individualism, they are a trend that is only growing.  READ MORE