Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

Nailed It

By Rosalyn Ha
December 12, 2013 - 9:37am

Finals time is approaching and what better way to relax than painting your nails or going to the salon and getting them done? Or should I say, better way to procrastinate? Single colored nails can get a little repetitive so here are some ways to give your nails that little extra flavor this season:  Subtle half moon manicures: Pick contrasting colors for this chic and easy to wear look! READ MORE

Freaky Geeky

By Elaina Kim
December 11, 2013 - 9:33am

Final exams, semester-end papers, and presentation preparation are looming faster and more ominously than the annual Christmas party at the Baseball house. This period of time is usually indicated by: markedly high stress levels, the equally high percent increase of anxious late night eaters, Club Lib lodging, and the general decrease in personal hygiene and/or sartorial consciousness all over campus. Now, dear readers, I can’t do much about the majority of those issues (seeing that I suffer from most), but I can offer your poor, tortured souls a few tips to (maybe) beating the books. READ MORE

Passionate about PJs

By Emily van den Berg
December 9, 2013 - 1:47pm

Holiday mornings are always interesting, filled with fun, family drama, presents, and most importantly, pictures. Now that every mother has figured out how to upload pictures onto their embarrassing Facebooks, it’s important to look good in those early-morning photo shoots. Of course, no one really wants to get dressed that early in the morning, so here’s your solution: cute pajamas! There’s an abundance of fancy pajamas available these days that aren’t just a ratty old t-shirt with a pair of slouchy boxers. For a polished look, try a pair of matching silk PJs. Not only are they super soft, but they’re beautiful as well. Plus, you can always take the top and throw it on with a pair of nice jeans for a casual and comfortable daytime look. ...

Read My Lips

By Hilleary Gramling
December 6, 2013 - 11:53am

Before you read any further, there is a very key point you must understand: Lipstick is everything you ever need – ever. Seriously! OK. I know exactly what you’re thinking: Lipstick is for old people, or your grandma, or your great-aunt who comes to visit twice a year. Lipstick is for moms and people who have successfully found a snug place in the real world: driving carpool, paying bills, getting married, having kids and perpetually kissing you on the cheek. But here’s the thing: all those preconceived notions are completely and utterly false! Throw out any and all ideas you have about lipstick and its association with the elderly/your mom/middle-aged crises. Lipstick is everything. Here’s why: READ MORE

Cyber Monday Deals

By Celia Curtis
December 2, 2013 - 7:03am

Cyber Monday shopping is a great way to get all of the deals of Black Friday without having to leave your house. Not to mention, who honestly wants to deal with the holiday traffic, long lines, crowds, and the terrible parking? Cyber Monday has better deals every year, and this year in particular has some awesome ones that you don’t wait to miss! In order to help you sort through all of these great sales, we listed some of the best ones below: ASOS: 20% off everything with the promo code GIMME20 at checkout. AllSaints: Take 20% off site-wide with the code THANKS. READ MORE

STATEment Necklaces

By Celia Curtis
November 29, 2013 - 9:05am

Going home for the holidays always fills me with nostalgia. Being a native Floridian, the colder Atlanta fall makes me miss the warmer weather during the winter months. Recently I was inspired by one of Her Campus Emory’s fashion writers, Nathalie Simon, and decided to show some love for my home state and wear a state necklace. Nathalie wears her California necklace almost everyday since it goes with practically anything! READ MORE

Crazy for Camouflage

By Nathalie Simon
November 26, 2013 - 12:03pm

Just as you think it’s impossible for an old trend to make a comeback, it does! That trend, of course, is our beloved camouflage. The saying “what goes around comes back around” not only works with karma, but also with fashion trends. The camouflage trend has made its way back into the street style scene. A lot like the leopard print trend, it has appeared in numerous reincarnations. Recently, most designers have taken the military camouflage trend to a whole new level.  READ MORE

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

By Emily van den Berg
November 22, 2013 - 9:21am

Now that it’s officially freezing here in the ATL, it’s time to pull out some of those winter essentials. For all you fashionistas, I’m not just talking sweaters and boots, but rather accessories to add the perfect amount of flavor to your ensemble! Wrap yourself up head to toe with scarves, hats, gloves, and anything else that’ll keep you warm. I know sometimes it can be hard to feel cute while you’re so covered, but I promise you can use these fantastic winter accessories to your advantage! READ MORE

Color Outside the Lines with Cobalt

By Hilleary Gramling
November 21, 2013 - 9:25am

Are you sick and tired of the boring, bland and over done fall colors already, especially those worn-out blacks, repugnant browns and foul grays? Lucky for you, a new trend kicks those other colors’ sorry little behinds. One word: cobalt (and for all you chem majors, I don’t mean the element). READ MORE

Mary-Kate and Ashley Chic

By Jillian Taub
November 20, 2013 - 9:29am

A girl’s childhood would not have been complete without Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Between their shared role as Michelle Tanner on Full House, their “You’re Invited” videos, their various book series, not to mention When in Rome, New York Minute, and the million other memorable movies they made together, this duo is practically perfect. And just when you thought they couldn’t get any more successful, they became the fashion icons we know them as today. READ MORE