Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

Top 10 Must-Have Denim Styles

By Adrianna Arjona
March 17, 2014 - 11:46am

Recently, I have developed an appreciation that may slowly be turning into an obsession with denim. Denim is AMAZE. There are so many different kinds of ways to wear it that I never even really considered for my own wardrobe. Don't worry, I'm here to help you incorporate these denim pieces that are sure to become staples in your own closet. Here are the ten denim pieces every girl should own: 1.  Dark Denim READ MORE

The Fastest Way to Healthy Hair

By Sade Tavangarian
March 7, 2014 - 1:26pm

Spring is right around the corner, which means say goodbye to your dry, winter hair and hello to a shiny, new mane. It all starts with the underrated art of the hair wash. It is important to establish the perfect ritual to fabulous and healthy hair. Step 1: Shampoo First: Detangle your hair. It is vital to brush your hair before you wash, plus you’ll avoid hairballs in the drain. Second: Use less than you think. That’s a quarter size amount of shampoo (double for long hair.) READ MORE

Begin Your Romance with Floral Patterns

By Nathalie Simon
March 6, 2014 - 12:12pm

Blooms continue to flourish on clothing and accessories for this spring.  They may not be groundbreaking, but they will forever be considered the embodiment of spring. These patterns are very familiar but never fall far from extraordinary. Around this time of the year, you can always count on a full floral fantasy to assure a smooth transition between seasons, and this spring is no different. Betting on a modern take on florals, this spring's fashion trends mark the new dawn of femininity. READ MORE

The Oscars Top Ten List

By Jordan Schechter
March 4, 2014 - 12:30pm

After a long weekend of mardi-ing it’s finally the night we’ve been waiting all awards season for… the Oscars. Without further ado here’s my top ten best dressed.     Jennifer Lawrence Surprise, surprise J-Law killed it in Dior Haute Couture. Although this look is somewhat of a double take from last year – Dior, strapless gown, backwards necklace, and pompadour, this red peplum column dress looked incredible on Jennifer. Had to be my number 1.   READ MORE

Runway Watch: The Spring Cropped Pant

By Sam Bleiweis
February 28, 2014 - 2:07pm

Ready or not, the springtime weather is just about to hit. The runway for this spring was clad with odd shapes and graphics, floral prints, fringes, and interesting new shapes. Needless to say, this is one of the most eclectic and diverse list of spring trends that the runway has seen in quite a while. But which ones will stick? Remember the late 90's and your tight capri jeans? No, they are not making a comeback (whew!) but the cropped pant is back in a feverish new flavor. This spring’s runway was hit hard by cropped pants of all shapes: low rise, high rise, tailored, straight and my new favorite, the wide crop. There really is a cropped pant for any size, height and build. Here are a few ways to wear them:...

NYFW: Street Style

By Emily van den Berg
February 27, 2014 - 1:01pm

Although it’s over, NYFW is still fresh in our minds as we scour the web for outfit inspirations. While Jordan wrote an article about Fashion Week’s highlights on the runway and Adrianna wrote about trends, I wanted to shine the spotlight on the peeps pointing the cameras. Who are they, you may ask? My answer is simple: fashion bloggers. Fashion blogs are huge right now, so it’s no surprise that their creators were front and center at all of New York’s greatest shows. Of course, there were thousands of people that traipsed through the city, looking their best, so here are some of my personal favorites.   READ...

Statement Jewelry

By Shaye Cooper
February 25, 2014 - 1:17pm

Statement jewelry has made a huge impact on the fashion world in the past couple of years. Many people first questioned the large necklaces, chunky bracelets, and oversized rings; however, it soon became apparent that these pieces were fun, glamorous, and trendy! They may seem to be too much, but when you compare an outfit with no jewelry at all to an outfit with a statement piece – it is clear how much every outfit becomes more chic. Statement necklaces can dress up an outfit in a pinch if you are in a rush out the door, and fun bracelets are easy to blend in to a more casual or dressy look. Now, brands such as J. Crew/ J. Crew Factory, Loren Hope, and Anthropologie are always coming out with great pieces in so many different colors....

Best Ways to Sport Your Sorority Clothing

By Jillian Taub
February 21, 2014 - 3:03pm

Though there is an endless list of things that are amazing about being in a sorority, the fashionista’s favorite feature is the whole new wardrobe that comes along with it. Secretly, or not so secretly, everyone walks around first semester with their eyes glued to every letter bag that passes by, waiting for the day when they can carry one themselves. Sorority apparel incorporates our sisters into our style, the perfect collab. There is no doubt once you get your sorority apparel you will want to be rocking your letters 24/7. Here are some places and ways you can wear it (aka everywhere).  READ MORE

Fashion Week Trends

By Adrianna Arjona
February 20, 2014 - 1:56pm

Now that New York Fashion Week is over we’re left with nothing but pictures, videos, and the occasional GIF to remind us of those amaze outfits we wish we could wear. Don’t panic - just because we can’t special order Oscar de la Renta’s stunning, old-school glamour gowns doesn’t mean we can’t master his downtown glam sultry smoky eye. Here’s a guide to fashion week hair and makeup with my top 5 favorite trends: READ MORE

Quick Takes: NYFW, Fall ’14 RTW

By Jordan Schechter
February 18, 2014 - 1:24pm

The tents are up and the streets of New York are cluttered with fashion’s elite. This can only mean one thing…New York fashion week is upon us. Here are my “quick take” reviews from five of the hottest designers this season. Alexander Wang Wang’s Fall line was inevitably urban and utterly chic. Look no further for your new coat because AW’s outerwear was the focal point of this utilitarian line. The collection has the feel of an English deer hunter, horseback riding through the forest. The finale showcased Wang’s heat-activated, leather suiting pieces. READ MORE