Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

Quick Takes: NYFW, Fall ’14 RTW

By Jordan Schechter
February 18, 2014 - 1:24pm

The tents are up and the streets of New York are cluttered with fashion’s elite. This can only mean one thing…New York fashion week is upon us. Here are my “quick take” reviews from five of the hottest designers this season. Alexander Wang Wang’s Fall line was inevitably urban and utterly chic. Look no further for your new coat because AW’s outerwear was the focal point of this utilitarian line. The collection has the feel of an English deer hunter, horseback riding through the forest. The finale showcased Wang’s heat-activated, leather suiting pieces. READ MORE

How to Perfect Bold Lips

By Sade Tavangarian
February 14, 2014 - 2:15pm

Bold lips are the red-carpet essential that everyone should try. Follow this easy 3-step process to create those luscious lips. 1.     Cover your lips with a pencil liner that matches your lips and is no darker than your lipstick. To create the seductive shape of your lips, sketch the edges repeatedly with the pencil. READ MORE

Dressing for the USA

By Shaye Cooper
February 13, 2014 - 12:33pm

With the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in full swing, supporting the US is more important than ever. Every day our most notable athletes are fighting for gold in Sochi. Being so far away from all the action can be challenging, but it has never been easier to sport red, white, and blue in our everyday looks. It doesn't have to be a theme party to dress for the USA. Thanks to Ralph Lauren's impecible designs - all of the US athletes looked incredible at the Opening Ceremony last Friday. Sporting this cardigan, turtle necks, and hats to keep them warm, Team USA killed it.  READ MORE

Your Spring 2014 Trend Guide

By Hilleary Gramling
February 11, 2014 - 1:18pm

Now that Atlanta’s snowpocalypse has melted away and the snow-day snapchat selfies have ceased, we can move on to more important things - like spring 2014 trends. If you hail from Florida, like I do (or anywhere else, for that matter), you may be finding yourself wishing for warmer weather. Temps here in the ATL have been more up and down than Kim Kardashian when she’s PMSing. So for right now, while it’s warmer out, don’t be afraid to break out those spring clothes that have been collecting dust in your closet. Hey, maybe the weather will follow your example and we can leave the snowpocalypse behind, just like the apocalypse that was supposed to happen in 2012, am I right? READ MORE

Help Emory win a free week of uberX for everyone on campus!

By Emory Contributor
February 7, 2014 - 2:58pm

Hey collegiettes! Do you love winning free stuff? We definitely do, and we also think it’s better when EVERYONE wins. Lucky for us, so does uberX, the college-budget-friendly option of your favorite car service, Uber!   READ MORE

7 Ways to Wear Oxblood

By Sam Bleiweis
February 7, 2014 - 1:50pm

Tired of wearing black on black coming into the tail end of this winter season? We still have a month to go, so switch it up from your browns and blacks with this winter’s favorite neutral and must have hue - oxblood. Somewhere between a bordeaux and a burgundy, this sultry dark red adds effortless sophistication to your everyday look. Whether you’re rocking a designer piece or you’re on a Maxxinista budget, there are so many easy ways to add this red wine accent (sorry, wine not included). Check out a few ways to slip into this sleek shade:  1) The jean: paired with black or brown booties, a chambray top and a messy bun, this look easily transitions from lounging around the apartment to taking a quick afternoon shopping trip....

Top 10 Emory Themed Party Essentials

By Jillian Taub
February 6, 2014 - 1:46pm

Before college, we went shopping looking for things to wear when we go out. Of course the typical purchases include pieces that will impress the frat boys (aka low cut shirts, tight dresses, and killer heels). But these things don’t take into account the numerous themed parties that Emory has and the specific attire required for them. Add these random things to your shopping list because they are as essential as your go-to little black dress! 1.Animal Ears READ MORE

The Return of the Guy Line: What Guys Like (and Hate) to See

By Real Live Emory Guy
February 6, 2014 - 1:34pm

Dear RLEG, I feel like no one ever notices my style. What do guys really think about the clothes I wear? Sincerely, Self-Conscious Dresser   Dear Self-Conscious Dresser, For years now, people have been extremely concerned with their appearance. The clothes and accessories people choose largely contribute to their look. Generally speaking, females seem to be more fixated on this concept. They want to be perceived as uniquely styled and put together. More importantly, they want to be noticed. But what is working and what is not? What’s making that cute boy in your large lecture class notice you?   READ MORE

Top Ten: Awards Season So Far

By Jordan Schechter
February 4, 2014 - 12:17pm

I think we can all agree that awards season is the best time of year. Tina & Amy hosting the Golden Globes, the hilarious drunk celebs, droolworthy man crushes, and of course the red carpet. The Oscars aren't until March this year but there have already been plenty of gorgeous dresses. It was hard to pick a top ten.  Lupita Nyong'o - Golden Globes READ MORE

Snow Day Fashion

By Celia Curtis
January 30, 2014 - 2:18pm

Bundle up, Emory fashionistas! Atlanta experienced a snowpocalypse, and Emory canceled classes due to the “extreme” weather conditions. While many of us were snuggled up indoors, some Emory students braved the cold while still managing to look chic. Jackets with fur lined hoods are a classic snow day staple. Snow boots don’t necessarily need to be boring, many girls were rocking sleek pairs in dark hues.  Hats and ear warmers were the key piece for many outfits. Whether it was a quirky cute beanie or fur trapper hat, they added an appropriate wintery touch.  READ MORE