Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

Why You Should ALWAYS Wear Black

By Hilleary Gramling
March 25, 2014 - 1:15am

There are few colors that can instill a sense of beauty, grace and poise the way that the color black can. Here are 10 reasons you should make black part of your wardrobe no matter what season:   1. Black will always make you feel confident. Few people can pull off all black, and there is nothing more badass, or confidence inspiring, than an all black outfit.   2. There is no color sexier than black. Not one. So if you want to feel sexy, wear black. READ MORE

HC Emory <3s #HCSurvivalKits and our Sponsors!!

By Allison Day
March 23, 2014 - 6:26pm

The national Her Campus team and HC sponsors sent us a fabulous Spring Break Survival Kit for the HC Emory team to enjoy!  We've been using Neuro Sleep to get back on a regular sleep schedule from staying up all night during spring break. Chipotle gift cards have fueled our burrito bowl cravings. Let's be real; no one at Emory goes longer than a week without a little trip to Chipotle. READ MORE

Get Down at Derby Days

By Jordan Schechter
March 21, 2014 - 4:20pm

Derby days… the national Sigma Chi weeklong philanthropy event began last night with a sorority dance-off. Tonight is a concert with Paris & Simo, a Canadian producing duo, whose hit "Escape" will for sure be played. I sat down with Caleb Griswell, Emory alum and event producer who planned this years event.   Her Campus: What exactly is Derby Days: Caleb Griswell: It’s the national philanthropy Sig Chi puts on every year.   HC: Why does the phrase “for the kids” get thrown around so much? READ MORE

Pastels

By Shaye Cooper
March 21, 2014 - 2:27am

Finally Spring 2014 is around the corner! After long, cold winters there is nothing better than being able to introduce shorts, color, and dresses back into our wardrobes. This spring, pastels are everywhere. From lavender to mint, stores will soon be packed with the most beautiful colors. Especially after a winter of blacks and greys, pastels add a nice warm touch to every outfit. From a full one-color look to mixing-and-matching, pastels are the best way to start off the spring season.   Rompers are comfortable and easy to throw on. This pale lemon one piece is a bold move at an attempt to wear pastels. It is the perfect outfit on a warm sunny day and will leave you feeling so happy. READ MORE

Top 10 Must-Have Denim Styles

By Adrianna Arjona
March 17, 2014 - 11:46am

Recently, I have developed an appreciation that may slowly be turning into an obsession with denim. Denim is AMAZE. There are so many different kinds of ways to wear it that I never even really considered for my own wardrobe. Don't worry, I'm here to help you incorporate these denim pieces that are sure to become staples in your own closet. Here are the ten denim pieces every girl should own: 1.  Dark Denim READ MORE

The Fastest Way to Healthy Hair

By Sade Tavangarian
March 7, 2014 - 1:26pm

Spring is right around the corner, which means say goodbye to your dry, winter hair and hello to a shiny, new mane. It all starts with the underrated art of the hair wash. It is important to establish the perfect ritual to fabulous and healthy hair. Step 1: Shampoo First: Detangle your hair. It is vital to brush your hair before you wash, plus you’ll avoid hairballs in the drain. Second: Use less than you think. That’s a quarter size amount of shampoo (double for long hair.) READ MORE

Begin Your Romance with Floral Patterns

By Nathalie Simon
March 6, 2014 - 12:12pm

Blooms continue to flourish on clothing and accessories for this spring.  They may not be groundbreaking, but they will forever be considered the embodiment of spring. These patterns are very familiar but never fall far from extraordinary. Around this time of the year, you can always count on a full floral fantasy to assure a smooth transition between seasons, and this spring is no different. Betting on a modern take on florals, this spring's fashion trends mark the new dawn of femininity. READ MORE

The Oscars Top Ten List

By Jordan Schechter
March 4, 2014 - 12:30pm

After a long weekend of mardi-ing it’s finally the night we’ve been waiting all awards season for… the Oscars. Without further ado here’s my top ten best dressed.     Jennifer Lawrence Surprise, surprise J-Law killed it in Dior Haute Couture. Although this look is somewhat of a double take from last year – Dior, strapless gown, backwards necklace, and pompadour, this red peplum column dress looked incredible on Jennifer. Had to be my number 1.   READ MORE

Runway Watch: The Spring Cropped Pant

By Sam Bleiweis
February 28, 2014 - 2:07pm

Ready or not, the springtime weather is just about to hit. The runway for this spring was clad with odd shapes and graphics, floral prints, fringes, and interesting new shapes. Needless to say, this is one of the most eclectic and diverse list of spring trends that the runway has seen in quite a while. But which ones will stick? Remember the late 90's and your tight capri jeans? No, they are not making a comeback (whew!) but the cropped pant is back in a feverish new flavor. This spring’s runway was hit hard by cropped pants of all shapes: low rise, high rise, tailored, straight and my new favorite, the wide crop. There really is a cropped pant for any size, height and build. Here are a few ways to wear them:...

NYFW: Street Style

By Emily van den Berg
February 27, 2014 - 1:01pm

Although it’s over, NYFW is still fresh in our minds as we scour the web for outfit inspirations. While Jordan wrote an article about Fashion Week’s highlights on the runway and Adrianna wrote about trends, I wanted to shine the spotlight on the peeps pointing the cameras. Who are they, you may ask? My answer is simple: fashion bloggers. Fashion blogs are huge right now, so it’s no surprise that their creators were front and center at all of New York’s greatest shows. Of course, there were thousands of people that traipsed through the city, looking their best, so here are some of my personal favorites.   READ...