Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

Runway Watch: The Spring Cropped Pant

By Sam Bleiweis
February 28, 2014 - 2:07pm

Ready or not, the springtime weather is just about to hit. The runway for this spring was clad with odd shapes and graphics, floral prints, fringes, and interesting new shapes. Needless to say, this is one of the most eclectic and diverse list of spring trends that the runway has seen in quite a while. But which ones will stick? Remember the late 90's and your tight capri jeans? No, they are not making a comeback (whew!) but the cropped pant is back in a feverish new flavor. This spring’s runway was hit hard by cropped pants of all shapes: low rise, high rise, tailored, straight and my new favorite, the wide crop. There really is a cropped pant for any size, height and build. Here are a few ways to wear them:...

NYFW: Street Style

By Emily van den Berg
February 27, 2014 - 1:01pm

Although it’s over, NYFW is still fresh in our minds as we scour the web for outfit inspirations. While Jordan wrote an article about Fashion Week’s highlights on the runway and Adrianna wrote about trends, I wanted to shine the spotlight on the peeps pointing the cameras. Who are they, you may ask? My answer is simple: fashion bloggers. Fashion blogs are huge right now, so it’s no surprise that their creators were front and center at all of New York’s greatest shows. Of course, there were thousands of people that traipsed through the city, looking their best, so here are some of my personal favorites.   READ...

Statement Jewelry

By Shaye Cooper
February 25, 2014 - 1:17pm

Statement jewelry has made a huge impact on the fashion world in the past couple of years. Many people first questioned the large necklaces, chunky bracelets, and oversized rings; however, it soon became apparent that these pieces were fun, glamorous, and trendy! They may seem to be too much, but when you compare an outfit with no jewelry at all to an outfit with a statement piece – it is clear how much every outfit becomes more chic. Statement necklaces can dress up an outfit in a pinch if you are in a rush out the door, and fun bracelets are easy to blend in to a more casual or dressy look. Now, brands such as J. Crew/ J. Crew Factory, Loren Hope, and Anthropologie are always coming out with great pieces in so many different colors....

Best Ways to Sport Your Sorority Clothing

By Jillian Taub
February 21, 2014 - 3:03pm

Though there is an endless list of things that are amazing about being in a sorority, the fashionista’s favorite feature is the whole new wardrobe that comes along with it. Secretly, or not so secretly, everyone walks around first semester with their eyes glued to every letter bag that passes by, waiting for the day when they can carry one themselves. Sorority apparel incorporates our sisters into our style, the perfect collab. There is no doubt once you get your sorority apparel you will want to be rocking your letters 24/7. Here are some places and ways you can wear it (aka everywhere).  READ MORE

Fashion Week Trends

By Adrianna Arjona
February 20, 2014 - 1:56pm

Now that New York Fashion Week is over we’re left with nothing but pictures, videos, and the occasional GIF to remind us of those amaze outfits we wish we could wear. Don’t panic - just because we can’t special order Oscar de la Renta’s stunning, old-school glamour gowns doesn’t mean we can’t master his downtown glam sultry smoky eye. Here’s a guide to fashion week hair and makeup with my top 5 favorite trends: READ MORE

Quick Takes: NYFW, Fall ’14 RTW

By Jordan Schechter
February 18, 2014 - 1:24pm

The tents are up and the streets of New York are cluttered with fashion’s elite. This can only mean one thing…New York fashion week is upon us. Here are my “quick take” reviews from five of the hottest designers this season. Alexander Wang Wang’s Fall line was inevitably urban and utterly chic. Look no further for your new coat because AW’s outerwear was the focal point of this utilitarian line. The collection has the feel of an English deer hunter, horseback riding through the forest. The finale showcased Wang’s heat-activated, leather suiting pieces. READ MORE

How to Perfect Bold Lips

By Sade Tavangarian
February 14, 2014 - 2:15pm

Bold lips are the red-carpet essential that everyone should try. Follow this easy 3-step process to create those luscious lips. 1.     Cover your lips with a pencil liner that matches your lips and is no darker than your lipstick. To create the seductive shape of your lips, sketch the edges repeatedly with the pencil. READ MORE

Dressing for the USA

By Shaye Cooper
February 13, 2014 - 12:33pm

With the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in full swing, supporting the US is more important than ever. Every day our most notable athletes are fighting for gold in Sochi. Being so far away from all the action can be challenging, but it has never been easier to sport red, white, and blue in our everyday looks. It doesn't have to be a theme party to dress for the USA. Thanks to Ralph Lauren's impecible designs - all of the US athletes looked incredible at the Opening Ceremony last Friday. Sporting this cardigan, turtle necks, and hats to keep them warm, Team USA killed it.  READ MORE

Your Spring 2014 Trend Guide

By Hilleary Gramling
February 11, 2014 - 1:18pm

Now that Atlanta’s snowpocalypse has melted away and the snow-day snapchat selfies have ceased, we can move on to more important things - like spring 2014 trends. If you hail from Florida, like I do (or anywhere else, for that matter), you may be finding yourself wishing for warmer weather. Temps here in the ATL have been more up and down than Kim Kardashian when she’s PMSing. So for right now, while it’s warmer out, don’t be afraid to break out those spring clothes that have been collecting dust in your closet. Hey, maybe the weather will follow your example and we can leave the snowpocalypse behind, just like the apocalypse that was supposed to happen in 2012, am I right? READ MORE

Help Emory win a free week of uberX for everyone on campus!

By Emory Contributor
February 7, 2014 - 2:58pm

Hey collegiettes! Do you love winning free stuff? We definitely do, and we also think it’s better when EVERYONE wins. Lucky for us, so does uberX, the college-budget-friendly option of your favorite car service, Uber!   READ MORE