Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Blog

Rompers and Jumpsuits and Playsuits, Oh My!

By Emily van den Berg
May 1, 2014 - 12:12pm

No matter how much you love clothes or fashion, sometimes getting dressed is just a huge pain. Especially when you’re running late, finding a top and bottom that both match and look fashionable can be tough. Solution? Rompers! Just as easy as a dress, these babies are a top and bottom put together and they look amazing. READ MORE

Mad for Maxis

By Nathalie Simon
April 29, 2014 - 12:30pm

Once reserved for hippies and free spirits, the maxi dress is having a major fashion moment this season. Breezy and elegant, a flowing maxi dress makes an impact on and off the red carpet. All maxi dresses aren’t the same-- each one is as individual as the woman who wears it. The maxi dress is THE summer’s fashion trend. If you love to be called a fashionista, then your wardrobe must include the maxi dress to look chic, sexy and comfortable. This dress comes in a variety of styles that can be tailored for almost any occasion from casual to formal and even on the beach. READ MORE

How to Strut Your Stuff

By Sade Tavangarian
April 25, 2014 - 12:46pm

Every outfit starts with your shoes. It takes one second to ruin it with bad ones, so rock your highest heels and follow this advice. 1. Ask yourself: Will my toes be safe? When buying opened-toed shoes, always make sure the front is a tight fit. When it is too loose, your toes will slide forward. Too tight, your toes will be painfully smushed. 2. Check yourself out Look in a full-length mirror to get the complete picture of your outfit with the shoes. 3. Use open space as a test track One of the biggest mistakes women make when wearing high heels is not knowing how to walk in them. Tripping, stumbling, and slipping is never fun. Practice walking around in heels, and don’t choose ones that will terrify you at first....

11 Wardrobe Essentials Every Girl Must Have

By Emily van den Berg
April 22, 2014 - 12:57pm

Whether you’re a seasoned fashionista or a “jeans-and-a-t-shirt” kind of girl, there are certain items that everyone should have in their closet. Here’s a rundown of 11 must-haves: READ MORE

5 Street Style Blogs to Follow Now

By Jordan Schechter
April 18, 2014 - 12:21pm

Camille Over the Rainbow Link: www.camilleovertherainbow.com Who: Camille Charriere Nationality: British/French Style: classic/sporty What she posts: OOTD’s, recent purchases/desires, reviews of the latest designer collections, super trendy Polyvore collages Maja Wyh READ MORE

What We Can Learn About the Fashion World From The Devil Wears Prada

By Jillian Taub
April 17, 2014 - 12:44pm

If Devil Wears Prada isn’t one of your fave chick flicks, then I am hardcore judging you. Not only does this movie star incredibly talented actors Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway and has the hottest guys in it (Nate <3), but it also gives an accurate depiction of the fashion world. We are given an inside peek into the fashion industry- the good and the bad. Here are some things we can learn:  1) People like Miranda Priestly do exist in the real world. It’s believed that the movie is based on Anna Wintour, Vogue’s editor in chief. Scary, but true.  READ MORE

Maxi Dresses: The New Sweatpants

By Hilleary Gramling
April 15, 2014 - 12:46pm

It’s 8:50am and you have class at 9:00 and there’s no way you’re going to class without at least a little bit of makeup on. Then you think to yourself  “if I do my makeup I won’t have time to pick an outfit… I’ll have to wear sweatpants..”  Right? WRONG. Maxi-dresses are the spring’s sweatpants. They’re slimming, comfortable and trendy, and they just slip right over your head! If you don’t like to wear pants then maxi dresses are for you because technically you’re still not wearing any.   READ MORE

5 Ways to Switch Up Your Look for the Springtime

By Sade Tavangarian
April 11, 2014 - 1:44pm

It is finally spring season, which means say hello to fabulous and goodbye to dark, dreading days. A new season is the best excuse to switch up your look. Here are five pointers to change it up. 1)   Play with different textures. Try pairing harder, rugged, masculine pieces like motorcycle boots with more feminine clothing like softer materials with a floral print. 2)   Experiment with jewelry. Try layering necklaces or stacking rings. This gives a very personal look. READ MORE

April Showers Bring Organic Cosmetics

By Adrianna Arjona
April 11, 2014 - 12:47pm

As spring slowly sets in (and like super slowly…what’s with these random cold, rainy days?? We all want to wear shorts already!), we start to notice all the pretty flowers and realize: OMG, it's April, Earth Month! April 22nd is Earth Day, but the entire month of April is a celebration of our dearest mother Earth. It’s a month to really try to recycle, use less water, and transition into using organic beauty products! Many of us now only eat organic food, but why not also make a complete lifestyle change and include organic products in our beauty regime too? Just as non-organic food is harmful to your body, non-organic beauty products are just the same. READ MORE

Pretty in Pastels

By Nathalie Simon
April 10, 2014 - 12:42pm

It's time for a rainbow of soft springtime shades to reign surpreme throughout the spring 2014 collections. The best thing about the pastel trend is that you can pick your most-flattering color and wear it with whatever silhouette flatters and excites you. From a minty-green board-shorts suit to a sexy-CEO lilac dress to sporty baby blue bombers, the sky's the limit on how pastel you want to get. Get ready to see a ton of pastels everywhere because the "it" shade of the season is one of the biggest spring 2014 fashion trends. The choices are endless in terms of color from pink, purple, green, coral and blue.  READ MORE