This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Recruitment is finally over, and it’s safe to say that everyone is relieved. No more panicking about schedules or outfits, no more uncomfortable girl-flirting, and no more waiting outside in the freezing cold. At last, the fun has finally begun.

Every sorority on the row had an exciting Bid Day this year. It was a sunny, beautiful day and the sorority lawn was packed with neon hats, fanny packs, and a lot of Greek letters. A huge dance party went on for a couple of hours, and then every sorority went their separate ways to welcome their newest sisters.

As in typical Bid Day fashion, each sorority embraced a specific theme to greet their newest pledge class! The themes were different for each lodge:

There was a “Drafting the Best” NFL theme at Theta…..

…….and a Rock n Roll theme at SDT.

Gamma Phi went with the classic America theme…..

while Kappa pulled off an “Under the Sea” theme.

At ADPi, the newest sisters were greeted with a “It’s Hard to be Humble When You’re Queen of the Jungle” banner at their jungle themed day.

The TriDelt girls kept it simple and rocked their letters with white sweatshirts labeled “Sealed with a Bid”.

DPhiE greeted new members with floral sweatshirts and matching floral Greek letters.

The outfits and activities ranged from lodge to lodge, but without a doubt, this day was equally amazing for all the sororities. 

So what’s next for all you new members? You should probably accept those friend requests piling up from your new sisters. Or you could start to brainstorm potential dates for your first date party. Either way, get excited! Your sisters and your sorority will make this the greatest semester of your life.

Her Campus at Emory University