This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

I have been all about the Atlanta weather recently and with this new fall weather, I’m excited to start bringing out all my fall pieces. One of my favorite additions to any outfit is the beanie – it’s both practical and super trendy. Plus, if you’re ever having a bad hair day, there’s no easier fix than throwing it on and walking out the door!

There are several types of beanies and they can all be great additions to any outfit. Plus, with the recent drop in temperatures, you can use beanies as a functional piece in your ensemble. I like to think that accessories can either make or break your outfit, and a beanie is the easiest thing to put on to give you a slight edge, while still keeping you warm.

There are tons of beanies, from chunky knits to slouchy to ones with pom poms and even ones that have graphics on them. Recently I’ve been all about the graphic beanies (my Homiés one has been making it into a lot of my recent outfits) because I think that they add such a fun twist to any outfit and definitely give it some character. If you’re not comfortable with a graphic beanie but still want something different, I’d suggest getting one in a cool fall/winter color, like dark olive green or a burnt orange. But you can also never go wrong with the neutrals and classics, so grab a black or grey one while you’re at it!

No matter what style you’re going for, beanies are the perfect addition for all of your future fall and winter outfits. Plus, there’s nothing better than being stylish and warm!

Her Campus at Emory University