Atlanta Brunch: Birthday Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Birthdays are occasions for splurging – and what better way to do so than with food?

While birthday dinners are classic, I am a huge proponent of a celebratory brunch.  Not only does the menu accommodate all kinds of guests and their dietary preferences from being so versatile, but few things can beat out Sunday brunch attire, natural lighting, and having the rest of the day open to continue festivities.  Atlanta has a prime dining scene for brunch, but the optimal mix of aesthetic, delicious food and drink, and big group accommodations are necessities for birthday fun.

1. Ladybird

Photo via Instagram

Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall blows every other option out of the water in terms of aesthetic.  With string lights, yellow umbrellas, and wooden benches you’ll be transported to a cute campsite for the day – no really, their menu is even designed like a park guide.  If you’re looking for a ~boozy~ brunch this is also a fun option, with their giant patio punch bowls to serve the entire table.

2. Folk Art

Photo via Kronberg Wall

For something more casual but definitely eclectic, you can do no wrong with Folk Art.  The food is classic diner-style, so even the pickiest of friends can find something more than suitable.  It’s an easy and clear choice for a quick but memorable dining experience.

3. Sun in My Belly

Photo via Sun in My Belly

Don’t let the limited menu fool you – Sun in My Belly is one of the best brunch gems you’ll find in Atlanta.  With indoor and outdoor seating spread through various rooms, and mason jars and string lights everywhere, it is the perfect rustic vibes for a Sunday brunch.  The aesthetic is truly part country music video and part homey.  If you want to experience a good dose of southern hospitality – from the service and the atmosphere in general – this is the best place for that. 

4. West Egg

Photo via Square Feet Studio

West Egg is great for group dining because while the wait may be long, there is a multitude of activities to do while you wait to be seated for an exceptional meal in an exceptionally cool restaurant.  In the surrounding industrial area is a shopping complex perfect for wandering around, and West Egg itself houses a photo booth and coffee stand with comfortable couches to lounge around on.

5. Revival

Photo via Revival

Last but not least, Revival only does Sunday brunch, making it all the more special for your special day.  Located in an old parlor style classic southern home, it is the most southern option in terms of food and feel on this list.  Decked out in your Sunday best, there is no better place to have a total southern belle experience. 

Her Campus at Emory University