Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

New Year, New You, New Us

By Stephanie Loutsenko
September 18, 2014 - 8:47pm

Starting a new school year is great in a lot of ways – you come back looking tan from all those beach days, ready to take over the booths at Maggie’s with your best friends. You have a great new haircut, killer shoes and a brand new wardrobe. It’s basically like a mini-makeover every time you come back to school! READ MORE

Melissa 17'

By Dumebi Egbuna
September 18, 2014 - 3:14pm

Year: Sophomore Hometown: Las Vegas, NV Major: NBB major and Dance minor Extracurriculars: Dance, SDT, Emory Students for Israel   HCE: Single or Taken? Melissa: Single   HCE: What would be an ideal date? Melissa: Having a dance party and eating ice cream.   HCE: What do you look for most in a guy? READ MORE

Festival Fashion

By Rhea Mody
September 17, 2014 - 1:54pm

With Music Midtown and TommorowWorld around the corner, it’s time to start planning your outfits for festival season! Last year, high-waisted shorts and crop tops were the go-to, but it’s time to switch it up a bit. The look is still solid, but it can get old quickly. This year, try branching out with the boho-chic style. READ MORE

Behind the U.S News Rankings: How Emory Slipped to #21

By Sravya
September 17, 2014 - 11:19am

READ MORE

Music Midtown

By Justine Schoenbart
September 17, 2014 - 11:04am

Remember when you came to Emory and promised yourself you’d leave campus and go into Atlanta? Yeah, so do I. Well, even if you haven’t made your trip into Atlanta for any other reason besides going to eat at your favorite brunch spot, this weekend you should Uber your way over to Piedmont Park (or take the Emory Experience Shuttle) because there’s a reason to check out the ATL…and it isn’t the World of Coca-Cola or the Georgia Aquarium. On September 19th and 20th, Music Midtown is celebrating its 15th music festival in Atlanta and featuring a pretty hot lineup. If you’re an Iggy Azalea and Lorde kind of person, you’re in luck—they’ll be there. READ MORE

Street Style Snapshot: NYFW

By Jasmine Tang
September 16, 2014 - 11:45am

Each year, fashion followers like myself eagerly anticipate the arrival of the bi-annual Fashion Weeks in New York, Milan, Paris, and London. While all followers of this fashion haven are excited for the runway shows themselves, street style is an equally, if not more engrossing component. Online publications track everyone from bloggers, to socialites, to the models themselves, allowing viewers around the globe to track the latest trends and see how daring fashionistas style the garments of the designers. READ MORE

#HowRadIsYourPad Room Decorating Contest

By Nicole Toback
September 15, 2014 - 2:48pm

For­ most college students, freshmen year is their first time living away from home. With that being said, it is their first opportunity to decorate their room anyway they please. My room is covered with posters of things I love, Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Jackie Kennedy, and photos of family, friends, and my beloved dog Samson. Emory Residence Life and Housing is hosting #HowRadIsYourPad Room Decorating Contest. All you have to do is send in photos and/or a video of the room you have already decorated! Categories include best overall single, best overall double, most eco-friendly, and most spirited. The contest is from Monday, September 15th to Friday, September 19th, so be sure to submit your photos and videos before then....

Outfit of the Day

By Saher Fatteh
September 15, 2014 - 1:39pm

When trying to deal with the heat but still look trendy, try some scalloped shorts and a boxy t-shirt. Add a pair of strappy sandals to complete the look.  READ MORE

#HOWRADISYOURPAD

By Elizabeth Sklar
September 15, 2014 - 12:04am

One of the most exciting parts of beginning college is decorating your new dorm room. It’s a completely blank slate, ready for you to make it your own. Sometimes we post pictures on Facebook and Instagram to show off our decorating skills, but this week there’s an even better opportunity- Emory Residence Life and Housing is holding a room-decorating contest for first-year students! It’s called #HOWRADISYOURPAD, and you can win great prizes, in addition to the satisfaction of winning, of course. There are many categories, so everyone’s style will fit in somewhere.   Here are the options: ·      Best School Spirit ·      Most Eco Friendly ·      Best Room Overall ·      Most Creative ·      Best Single Room READ...

Co-Presidents of Project Sunshine, Cydney Eisenberg and Celia Greenlaw

By Amirah Mahdi
September 13, 2014 - 1:08pm

Meet the co-presidents of Project Sunshine, Cydney Eisenberg ‘15 and Celia Greenlaw ‘16! When they’re not busy running the organization, you can catch these ladies enjoying yoga and even Pink Barre! Although these girls have tough majors (Biology and NBB), they have come together to run Project Sunshine this year. Let me show you what they have in store for this year and how you can get involved!   Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Project Sunshine? READ MORE