Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

NYFW Spring '15 Roundup

By Jasmine Tang
September 12, 2014 - 1:42pm

The roundups of trends after Fall Fashion Week are able to exclusively predict what girls will be taking home in their shopping bags this coming spring. Last year, Céline’s take on an updated, clean slip-on shoe pretty much ensured that most ladies would be sporting those comfy kicks throughout the next season. Here are my top three trends from Fall 2015 NYFW that I hope will make it into my wardrobe ASAP. All-White Ensembles The old standby of no white after Labor Day is totally outdated at this point. Sure, people wear their white jeans and tees year round, but this year I’m going to wear full white ensembles in modern cuts to keep things fresh. I love the idea of contrasting a structured, moto jacket with loose pants (a la Lubov Azria)....

8 Habits to Break this Semester

By Caitlin Carey
September 12, 2014 - 1:34pm

It happens every year: you start fall semester excited about your classes…then old habits start to kick in, and you don’t deliver on the promises you made yourself. Here are five tips that will make you more productive and (hopefully) take your GPA up a notch.   1. Stop procrastinating. READ MORE

Rain or Shine (and Shine it Does)

By Emily van den Berg
September 11, 2014 - 1:42pm

I’m willing to go out on a limb here and bet that I’m not the only person who’s looked out the window this week and thought “what the hell, Atlanta???” Seriously. Between the crazy heat, the insane humidity and the downright terrifying thunderstorms, I’ve had a hard time getting dressed in the morning. Because how do you look adorable when you’re dripping in sweat, your hair is frizzing out of control and you’re either cowered under an umbrella or soaked to the bone like a wet dog? Admittedly there’s only so much you can do to combat these situations, but hopefully I can help (and then we can all look as fabulous as Cara).  READ MORE

How To Get Over The Sophomore Slump

By Emma Belfer
September 10, 2014 - 1:44pm

According to Wikipedia, a sophomore slump is defined as: An instance in which a second effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort According to Emory girls, a sophomore slump is: The feeling that your epic, life-changing freshman year was just too good to be topped by sophomore year   This notion is followed by a feeling of depression that you’ve died a little inside, you’ve peaked, and your crazy college life is over. Time to become a real person now! It’s that feeling you get when you find out a freshman gets into Maggie’s but you got turned away. (How do you not remember my face? Sorry guys, I’m still a little bitter.)   READ MORE

The Great Debate: Home Life vs. School Life

By Melissa Fenchel
September 10, 2014 - 1:34pm

While the start of school always brings a lot of excitement and so many reunions, we are now two weeks in and are starting to look back onto summer.  Sometimes we feel so happy to be back and other times we miss the comforts of home.  They both have their Pros and Cons. There are things we love, things we hate, and things we simultaneously love and hate about both.  Here are some ways home and school compare. READ MORE

Mike '15

By Emory Contributor
September 9, 2014 - 2:59pm

Year: SeniorHometown: Merrick, NY Major: Economics Fraternity: Beta Theta Pi Extracurriculars: Athletic and Recreation Committee   Are you single or in a relationship? Single   What did you do this summer? I was a marketing intern at Hain Celestial. It is a natural and organic food brands company (Terra Chips for example).   Best part about being a senior so far? READ MORE

Keeping Up with Fashion Week

By Hilleary Gramling
September 9, 2014 - 1:38pm

Fashion Week: noun; a week in September in which designers and fashion houses showcase their latest designs and trends for Spring/Summer 2015 on the runways of major cities in the fashion world. image here READ MORE

Homecoming Week 2014: Welcome to Wonderland

By Nicole Toback
September 9, 2014 - 12:29am

Emory’s got spirit, yes we do! We got spirit how about you? Homecoming Week 2014: Welcome to Wonderland is coming! From Monday, September 15th to Saturday, September 20th, SPC or Student Programming Council will be hosting events for the entire Emory community to enjoy. Monday will be a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party in Asbury Circle at 5pm, Tuesday will be SPC with Love in Asbury Circle at 2pm, and Wonderful Wednesday will be especially wonderful at 12:30pm. As many people can attest to, I love to laugh, so I’m looking for to Thursday when comedian Brent Morin will be performing in Harland Cinema and doors open at 7pm. Get there early in order to get seats. Friday will be Homecoming Ball featuring Cash Cash on McDonough Field and doors open at 8pm....

Outfit of the Day

By Jasmine Tang
September 4, 2014 - 1:46pm

For an 8:30AM chem class, try pairing super comfy shorts with a slouchy top and some chic sandals. The clothes are cozy enough that you might just be able to day dream that you're still asleep in bed but put together enough for a post-lecture breakfast at the DUC.  READ MORE

The Freshmen Guide to Recruitment

By Elyssa Brezel
September 3, 2014 - 1:38pm

You made it to campus. You fit your life into a sixteen by eleven foot rectangle. You registered for classes. And maybe, you even hit the gym a few times. Then you start seeing them: the Greek letters. Suddenly, they’re everywhere—on bags, on tee shirts, even cover photos on Facebook. And it’s likely the only Greek letter you can recognize at this point is Pi (thanks calculus!). Freshmen recruitment doesn’t begin until spring semester, but that doesn’t mean the anxiety holds off until then! Here are the DO’s and DON’Ts of freshmen recruitment. READ MORE