Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

All White, All The Time

By Emily van den Berg
April 8, 2014 - 12:58pm

Fashion rules are meant to be broken, and none more so than the ever-famous “no white after Labor Day.” Why on earth anyone would ever ban a certain color is beyond me, especially when it’s such a classic one as white. Fashionistas have been throwing caution to the wind for a while, and winter whites have never been as big as they were these past couple of months. Now that the sun is finally trying to peek through the clouds and spring is officially upon us, it’s time to take our whites to a whole other level. READ MORE

Taylor Williams '15

By Danielle Stadler
April 7, 2014 - 4:36pm

Name: Taylor Williams Year: Junior Hometown: Chapel Hill, NC Major: History and Psychology Sorority: Alpha Delta Pi   HCE: What is your style mantra? T: I don't know if I have a style mantra, but I try to keep my look southern and put together.   HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at? T: J Crew, Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters   HCE: What is your favorite piece of clothing you own? T: My favorite piece of clothing is actually a pair of cowboy boots - I wear them all the time!   READ MORE

How excited are you for formal this weekend?

By Amirah Mahdi

Rent the Runway Trunk Show

By Megan Rosa
April 7, 2014 - 1:49am

Come see what it feels like to be Cinderella on Tuesday April 8th 6:30-8:30 pm at the H lodge on the sorority lawn to try on dresses brought to you by your frat-formal godmother, Rent the Runway. There will be free food at the sorority progressive dinner where each house serves up a course of a meal. After you’re done eating or before dessert you’ll be able to dry on dresses for upcoming frat formals, proms if you’re tbt-ing to high school, bar/bat-mitzvahs, or because you just feel like being fancy for a bit. READ MORE

Printed Shorts: the Do's and Don't's

By Jasmine Tang
April 6, 2014 - 10:26pm

It's safe to say that spring has finally sprung. With temperatures hitting the low eighties this past week, all of Emory busted out their favorite shorts and tanks to celebrate the arrival of warm weather. While classic denim cutoffs and pastel linen shorts are always a good option, sometimes it's fun to change things up with a cool pair of printed shorts. That being said, not all printed shorts are created equally. It's super easy for this trend to overwhelm many women's frames--especially if you're short. Make sure that the shorts are the right length for your frame. No matter your shape or size, stick to looser silhouettes and color palettes that complement your skintone to make this trend work.   READ...

Vampire Weekend Concert

By Grace Ashforth
April 4, 2014 - 1:38am

Vampire Weekend is coming to town this May...just in time for a nice graduation present! Released just a year ago, their third CD, Modern Vampires of the City,  made a splash in the music scene, winning a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album. Now promoting that CD and new songs they've been working on, Vampire Weekend wants to serenade you this coming May. The show starts at 8, but make sure you get there early for a great seat! Tickets are selling fast so get them ASAP! You can purchase them here, enjoy!! READ MORE

Favorite Spring Hue: Sweet and Sporty Citron

By Sam Bleiweis
April 3, 2014 - 12:46pm

Attention seekers everywhere: this hue is for you. You know that “wowza” look you get when you walk into a room in a bright neon yellow shirt? Maybe it’s that great button down, or the neon frock has overstayed its welcome. Update that neon with one of the season’s best close relatives—citron. This striking cross between green and yellow allows you to exercise that neon wild side without blinding those within twenty feet. The citron color skirts that fine line before between bright and fluorescent. It’s dainty enough to wear out to brunch for a gentle and cheerful outfit, but can be dressed up enough to create an edgy vibe for those raucous nights on your favorite Maggie’s table. READ MORE...

Jamie Shulman, '15, Director for Emory's Rent the Runway

By Hannah Kramer
April 3, 2014 - 7:57am

Formal season is quickly approaching, which means girls are running to the mall or scrambling through their friends’ closets in search of the perfect dress. Feeling dress stressed? Meet Jamie (’15), Emory’s Rent the Runway director. Learn more about her initiatives with Rent the Runway and how she can help you find the perfect outfit at RTR's Trunk Show on April 8th!  Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Rent the Runway?    READ MORE

Campus Chic: Madeleine '14

By Jasmine Tang
April 2, 2014 - 12:48pm

Name: Madeleine Evans Year: Senior Hometown: Paradise Valley, Arizona Major: Environmental Sciences Sorority: Kappa Kappa Gamma   HCE: What is your style mantra? ME: Classic over trendy HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at?  ME: J. Crew and Nordstrom HCE: What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?  ME: My Barbour jacket READ MORE

Bike-a-thon from Emory to Uganda

By Megan Rosa
April 2, 2014 - 12:42pm

If you need to throw in a couple of workout before frat formals, here is your chance. Hop on a bike and show your support for Building Tomorrow’s Bike to Uganda campaign from April 7th to the 11th . Building Tomorrow is a national organization that strives for a world where every child that has a desire to learn has a safe, permanent, and local place to do so. Stationary bikes will be set up on campus and participants, who are encouraged to donate $5 will cycle for 30 minutes each. The significance of the bikes is to bike the mileage across the country to Kampala, Uganda.  READ MORE