Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

La-Quan X. Bates, Director of Identities Xposed Fashion Show and Men's Style Coach​

By Amirah Mahdi
February 27, 2014 - 1:30pm

Saying La-Quan is a perfectionist is an understatement. I'm sure you've seen him on campus--he's the one person who actually gets dressed every day for class. When I say dressed, I don't mean just throwing an outfit together, I mean like all his outfits slay! Meet La-Quan X. Bates, director of the IDX Fashion Show taking place this semester. Since La-Quan exudes perfection, it's no wonder he is also a member of Trickanometry (TNT)!!! Make sure to check out the fashion show this semester (I'm sure it won't disappoint), and read up on how La-Quan evolved into "LXB: The Style Coach"!!!!   READ MORE

Mardi Pardi

By Emma Belfer
February 27, 2014 - 1:22pm

One of the perks of being an Emory Collegiatte is the close proximity to New Orleans. There is an unspoken right of passage for Emory students to make the trek down from Georgia to Louisiana during their four years here for the party to top all parties: Mardi Gras. For us Emory girls, the frat-hopping scene ultimately ending in the inevitable trip to Maggie’s can become very routine and gets old quickly. Mardi Gras is the perfect opportunity to solve all our party needs. A new city to explore, incredible food, the parade, vibrant and artistic masks and beads that drape the streets of New Orleans, dancing in the streets and seeing our best friends from Tulane can make from an unforgettable experience and amazing Instagrams!...

NYFW: Street Style

By Emily van den Berg
February 27, 2014 - 1:01pm

Although it’s over, NYFW is still fresh in our minds as we scour the web for outfit inspirations. While Jordan wrote an article about Fashion Week’s highlights on the runway and Adrianna wrote about trends, I wanted to shine the spotlight on the peeps pointing the cameras. Who are they, you may ask? My answer is simple: fashion bloggers. Fashion blogs are huge right now, so it’s no surprise that their creators were front and center at all of New York’s greatest shows. Of course, there were thousands of people that traipsed through the city, looking their best, so here are some of my personal favorites.   READ...

Chelsea Handler Standup

By Grace Ashforth
February 26, 2014 - 2:27pm

Chelsea Handler is coming to Georgia on March 15th to provide a great night for the people of Atlanta. Handler is the host of the hilarious late night show Chelsea Lately and an author. To support her fifth book which recently came out, she'll be going on her Uganda Be Kidding Me Tour. You can catch her in Atlanta at 8 PM if you're sticking around during spring break (or are here for the tail end of it!). If you want to purchase her book (trust me, you do. They're HILARIOUS), then you can do so here. It's definitely going to be a night you won't forget....

Transitioning to Spring

By Danielle Stadler
February 26, 2014 - 1:04pm

As the weather becomes warmer and campus is bustling with energy, it becomes clear that spring is near. It's finally time for hotlanta to start becoming hot. It is also the perfect time to transition from winter jackets or bulky sweaters to a light, comfy sweater, which is great to wear on top of a t-shirt. Flats are an essential item with this weather and go perfectly with a cuffed pair of skinny jeans! READ MORE

DIY Jewelry

By Alexandria Lowe
February 26, 2014 - 8:20am

Hi Her Campus readers--I am so lucky I get to write a DIY column this semester! My friends would agree that crafting is a BIG hobby for me, and I'm incredibly excited to share some of my secrets with you. This first craft blog is probably one of my most complicated crafts, and I promise this will be as hard as it gets. I LOVE making jewelry; it's something my mom and I do together and we've really grown to love it. I hope that I can show you a few tricks of the trade to get you excited about this as well!    1) Gather your materials. Here's what I use: 2) Pick your beads and plan your pattern. READ MORE

Statement Jewelry

By Shaye Cooper
February 25, 2014 - 1:17pm

Statement jewelry has made a huge impact on the fashion world in the past couple of years. Many people first questioned the large necklaces, chunky bracelets, and oversized rings; however, it soon became apparent that these pieces were fun, glamorous, and trendy! They may seem to be too much, but when you compare an outfit with no jewelry at all to an outfit with a statement piece – it is clear how much every outfit becomes more chic. Statement necklaces can dress up an outfit in a pinch if you are in a rush out the door, and fun bracelets are easy to blend in to a more casual or dressy look. Now, brands such as J. Crew/ J. Crew Factory, Loren Hope, and Anthropologie are always coming out with great pieces in so many different colors....

Max '16

By Catherine Pilishvili
February 25, 2014 - 8:14am

Hometown: Armonk, NY Major: Business and Computer Science Fraternity: Zeta Beta Tau Extracurriculars: Technology Chair for Student Programming Council, Orientation Leader Her Campus Emory (HCE): Who do you consider your role model? Max (M): The monkey emoji. That thing makes everyone happy.   HCE: Are you single or taken? M: Depends who's asking...   READ MORE

Campus Chic: Lena '15

By Jasmine Tang
February 24, 2014 - 2:52pm

Name: Lena Erpaiboon Year: Junior/2015 Hometown: Bangkok, Thailand Major: BBA Sorority: KAO HCE: What is your style mantra? L: 3 color rule READ MORE

National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

By Megan Rosa
February 24, 2014 - 1:40pm

I am more than just a Barbie because…             This is what more girls need to be telling themselves rather than how many calories they ate today or burned at the gym. Beginning Sunday February 23rd to Saturday March 1st is national Eating Disorders Awareness Week sponsored by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD). ANAD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and alleviation of eating disorders since 1976. As one of their philanthropies, the sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon will be hosting events to support ANAD Week 2014.     Monday February 24th: Message Monday. READ MORE