Emory Archives

Top 5 Health & Fitness Apps

By Saphir Shemesh
September 22, 2014 - 1:26pm

The new school year is kicking off in full force, and you may be feeling overwhelmed. If you’re like me, starting a healthy lifestyle is probably not on your top list of priorities with everything else going on in your life. But nothing has gotten me to the WoodPec as much as my iPhone full of apps that act like my little personal trainer right in the palm of my hand. READ MORE

Atlanta Eats: Sun In My Belly

By Saher Fatteh
September 22, 2014 - 11:50am

Located only 10 minutes away from Emory, Sun In My Belly is the perfect spot to grab brunch with friends on the weekend.    Editors note: Try the bacon.  Photo: http://www.suninmybelly.com   READ MORE

Greek Week

By Nicole Toback
September 22, 2014 - 11:38am

Interested in learning more about Greek Life at Emory? Do you have a competitive spirit or nostalgia for Color War at camp (former Iroquois Springs camper and still obsessed with it)? If so, get excited because Greek Week is here! This year’s theme is World Cup! From September 27th to October 2nd, Greek organizations will team up and participate in a variety of events ranging from flag football to a big kickoff block party! READ MORE

Finishing Touches: Lips + Mani

By Adrianna Arjona
September 21, 2014 - 5:46pm

Everyone loves a good mani; it’s a weekly essential. And most of us can’t leave for class without our favorite lipstick. Complementary lip + mani combinations add so much extra depth and excitement to your outfit. Try out some of these gorgeous lipstick and nail polish color combinations with your fall outfits! PURPLE + TEAL: Revlon’s ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Whimsical offers the perfect amount of high shine to contrast with the pearly sheen of Essie’s trophy wife in a deep teal. READ MORE

You’re Invited to Shop Your Heart Out (At a Discount)

By Nicole Toback
September 21, 2014 - 11:40am

Hi, my name is Nicole, and I’m a shopaholic. Unfortunately, as a college student, I have a small budget to buy all the clothes that I want (and I want a lot of clothes; don’t we all, collegiettes?). Fortunately, Aéropostale is hosting an in-store shopping event on Friday, September 26th at the Lenox Mall, and we’re all invited! READ MORE

Co-Presidents of Emory Quilt on the Quad: Andie Belkoff and Jessica Moore

By Emory Contributor
September 20, 2014 - 6:09pm

Meet the co-presidents of Emory Quilt on the Quad - Andie Belkoff '16 and Jessica Moore '16! These two pre-health juniors traveled to Honduras this past summer on a medical service trip and have now come together to lead an incredible organization. Get excited for their events planned this fall!        HCE: What is quilt on the quad?    READ MORE

Homecoming Parade

By Emory Contributor
September 20, 2014 - 4:46pm

We hope you all had fun at the Homecoming Parade!      READ MORE

The Freshmen Guide to Getting Off Campus

By Chloe Hewins
September 19, 2014 - 1:47pm

You did it. You finally settled into college life, and you’ve established some sort of daily routine. Phew, you can take a deep breath! You’ve timed your walk to class just right, found your favorite spot in the library to study, and have made friends to sit with in class.  So, what’s next? It’s time to get off campus and reward yourself!  Here are a couple of my favorite places to go in Atlanta and how to get there. Getting Around READ MORE

5 Reasons to Get Excited for Fall

By Isabel Malmazada
September 19, 2014 - 1:05pm

It has already been three weeks since the start of the school year, and the heat just doesn’t seem to end.  If you’re coming from the Northeast (which is basically all of Emory - looking at you Long Island) you may be wondering: when will Fall start??? Well, have no fear... As mid-September approaches, temperatures start to drop (to a “cool” 80 degrees) and before you know it, it’ll be time to whip out those cute booties you’ve been dying to wear out! In anticipation for the cooler weather, let’s remind ourselves of 5 reasons why we should get excited for the fall. Jeans READ MORE

Street Style: Aaron '17

By Saher Fatteh
September 19, 2014 - 8:13am

Name: Aaron '17     HCE: Coming from perfect California weather, how did the cold weather here effect your clothing choices? A: Well at the moment, the weather is hotter than I’m used to, so I’m mostly sporting shorts and t-shirts. But as it gets colder, I’ll probably start to wear pants. HCE: What is the weirdest piece of clothing you own? READ MORE