Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Cooler Painting Season!

By Alexandria Lowe
March 17, 2014 - 12:02pm

Whether you're painting a cooler for your date for a Fraternity Formal, or one for Clue Week for your little, there are a few basics you’ll need and I’ve got the scoop! I’ll take you step by step through the cooler painting process! 5 Step Cooler Prep 1.) You can buy your cooler at a number of different places. I usually start (and end) my search at Walmart because they are the cheapest, but Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops and other outdoors stores carry coolers.  2.) Once you bring your cooler home, take it apart. Unscrew the hinges that hold the lid in place and if the handle comes off, go ahead and get it off of there.  READ MORE

Top 10 Must-Have Denim Styles

By Adrianna Arjona
March 17, 2014 - 11:46am

Recently, I have developed an appreciation that may slowly be turning into an obsession with denim. Denim is AMAZE. There are so many different kinds of ways to wear it that I never even really considered for my own wardrobe. Don't worry, I'm here to help you incorporate these denim pieces that are sure to become staples in your own closet. Here are the ten denim pieces every girl should own: 1.  Dark Denim READ MORE

How did you spend your spring break?

By Amirah Mahdi

Spring Has Sprung

By Danielle Stadler
March 17, 2014 - 1:39am

The time has finally come! During the day, hotlanta is somewhat hot! It is time to lose the bulky jackets! I hope you guys brought your shorts from home.     This outfit incorporates a floral top that is composed of lighter pastels, which is perfect for spring! Paired with dark jean shorts and a light grey cardigan, this outfit is perfect for a warmer day with a cool breeze. The cobalt loafers are perfect for when it is too cold to wear sandals. They also add a pop of color to the outfit. READ MORE

Emory Gets Greener for Saint Patrick’s Day

By Megan Rosa
March 14, 2014 - 10:19am

Emory gets Greener for Saint Patrick’s Day Emory decided to get greener for Saint Patrick’s Day, which is Monday March 17th by announcing the university is working on eliminating Styrofoam products from campus. Saint Patty’s day is a day to recognize patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick, who is considered a principal trailblazer of Irish Christianity.  Today people throw parades, wear green, drink green beer, and now the Emory community will now be able to show off their green by not using Styrofoam! READ MORE

Lauren and Carlyn, '15, founders of allabroadstudents.com

By Hannah Kramer
March 8, 2014 - 1:25pm

The deadline for studying abroad in the fall is quickly approaching, and many students are scrambling last minute to turn in forms, signed papers and submit their essays to the destination of their choice. Yet, no longer do students have to frantically research their schools to find reviews of classes, dorms, and their school’s social life. Meet Lauren and Carlyn, both juniors, who founded allabroadstudents.com. Read more about their website, how it can help with your abroad experience!        Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is allabroadstudents.com?    READ MORE

Spring Break

By Megan Rosa
March 7, 2014 - 1:50pm

Although we basically had two snow weeks that add up to be longer then spring break, we powered through three long weeks and spring break is finally here! phew. So whether you’re recovering from Mardi Gras, hitting the beach, going home, volunteering, or staying in the ATL, it means to no school so it doesn’t really matter if you have grand plans or not. If you do go to the beach, don’t forget to put on your one piece with o-so many cut outs to give you a tan (line) that will sure to get you noticed.     READ MORE

The Fastest Way to Healthy Hair

By Sade Tavangarian
March 7, 2014 - 1:26pm

Spring is right around the corner, which means say goodbye to your dry, winter hair and hello to a shiny, new mane. It all starts with the underrated art of the hair wash. It is important to establish the perfect ritual to fabulous and healthy hair. Step 1: Shampoo First: Detangle your hair. It is vital to brush your hair before you wash, plus you’ll avoid hairballs in the drain. Second: Use less than you think. That’s a quarter size amount of shampoo (double for long hair.) READ MORE

Begin Your Romance with Floral Patterns

By Nathalie Simon
March 6, 2014 - 12:12pm

Blooms continue to flourish on clothing and accessories for this spring.  They may not be groundbreaking, but they will forever be considered the embodiment of spring. These patterns are very familiar but never fall far from extraordinary. Around this time of the year, you can always count on a full floral fantasy to assure a smooth transition between seasons, and this spring is no different. Betting on a modern take on florals, this spring's fashion trends mark the new dawn of femininity. READ MORE

Campus Chic: Celia '15

By Danielle Stadler
March 5, 2014 - 1:03pm

Name: Celia Curtis   Year: 2015   Hometown: Orlando, FL   Major: Biology   Sorority: Tri Delt   HCE: How would you describe your own style? C: Eclectic with an edge and constantly evolving   HCE: If you could wear one outfit everyday what would it be? C: Loose, flowy shorts and a slouchy tee or tank top - hopefully this means that the weather would be warm every day...   HCE: Where is your favorite place to shop? READ MORE