Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

3rd Annual Gamma Phive-K Color Dash

By Nicole Toback
September 3, 2014 - 1:13pm

Fitness is a crucial part of our health and wellness, but fitness does not need to be boring. Gamma Phi Beta Sorority is hosting its third annual Gamma Phive-K Color Dash benefiting the Atlanta Chapter of Girls on the Run. Girls on the Run is a philanthropic organization that is devoted to promoting self esteem and confidence for girls in third to eighth grade through fitness. A five kilometer (5K) run is equal to about 3.11 miles for those interested, so you will be getting a real work out from it. In addition to the real work out, a color run is an untimed event with no winners or prizes, and runners are showered with colored powder along the route. Runners will be able throw some colored powder as well (that is the best part of doing any color run)....

The Freshmen Files: What to Wear at Emory

By Jillian Taub
September 2, 2014 - 8:28pm

With the billion things to figure out as a freshman, what to wear shouldn’t be on your list. This goes out to all the freshies-  I got you covered. Here is your ultimate guide for what to wear on every occasion at Emory. You’re welcome.  Class: READ MORE

The 9 Best Things About the Boohoo STYLE SQUAD Coming to Emory!

By Sophie Dodd
August 26, 2014 - 6:57pm

Love fashion? Love being ahead of the curve (and the trendsetter of your group) when it comes to the latest cutting-edge brands and clothing stores? If so, then you’re in luck, because Her Campus is bringing you one of the best-kept secrets from across the pond: Collegiettes, say hello to boohoo, the crazy-popular, British online clothing retailer and global fashion leader of its generation! READ MORE

How to Become Emory’s Best Trendsetter Ever

By Aja Frost
August 18, 2014 - 8:20am

boohoo.com has been on our style radar for a while now—where else do you think we’ve been getting our Euro-inspired summer looks this season? Once the U.K.’s best-kept secret (and now one of the fastest-growing international e-tailers), boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader for collegiettes on both sides of the pond. We’re obsessed with its simple and fun philosophy: don’t take fashion or life too seriously! Plus, the brand has been pushing boundaries to bring us all the latest looks for less since 2006, and we never say no to fashion on a collegiette-friendly budget!...

#GiftsForGrads: What to get the new graduate in your life!

By Emory Contributor
May 15, 2014 - 1:48pm

Maybe you sat for four hours in a black cap and gown dying of a heat stroke on the quad. Maybe you sweltered in the audiance, waiting for your big or your older sib to walk across the stage. Or maybe you attended the business school and got to sip free champagne after you received your diploma. Either way, the fact of the matter is, graduation just happened. If you just graduated, you're probably freaking out a tiny bit, and if you didn't, you're probably already missing the seniors in your sorority or your older friends from class. What do you do next? READ MORE

How We Survived Finals

By Allison Day
May 14, 2014 - 12:11pm

The stacks. The Reading Room. The B school library. Starbucks. These are the places Emory students could be found during finals week, cramming for exams and feverishly writing extensive research papers. Was it fun? No. Was it challenging? Very. How did we survive? READ MORE

Washi Tape Fever!

By Alexandria Lowe
May 9, 2014 - 7:38pm

As the end of the year is approaching, and summer is upon us, everyone is looking for a little more color and fun in their lives. Liven up your room back home and make your journals and agenda a little brighter with Washi Tape! It’s the easiest way to place a pop of color on things you use daily. Plus, it distinguishes your stuff from your friends’.  Put it on your planner or journals like so:     Use it on your phone charger and computer charger so you never lose yours in a sea of Apple products again.  READ MORE

Interview Dressing 101

By Jordan Schechter
May 9, 2014 - 12:37pm

With summer approaching I know there are some of you scrambling to find a last minute internship, but no need to stress…at least about your wardrobe. Dressing for an interview doesn’t have to be boring. There are plenty of ways to incorporate a little bit of you into your corporate attire. READ MORE

Reflections on Freshman Year

By Elyssa Brezel
May 9, 2014 - 6:29am

I never knew a year could pass so quickly. While finals have been on my mind for weeks, actually moving out wasn’t—that is, until I looked at the expiration date of a yogurt cup I found in my mini-fridge. May 10? When this yogurt expired on May 10 I would be finished with finals and freshman year. I just wanted to check that I wasn’t setting myself up for food poisoning—I did not want that unexpected rush of sadness before my last 9 a.m. Calculus class.  READ MORE

Emory University Graduation

By Grace Ashforth
May 9, 2014 - 1:54am

HCE readers, it's that time of year again. Finals are approaching and that means one thing...graduation! For those senior HCE readers, it's probably a bittersweet time - you're ready for summer, but you don't want to leave college either. As a way to bridge the gap between college and adulthood, there are many festivities for all of the seniors ending in the commencement ceremony on May 12th. This year will mark the 169th graduation at Emory University and is sure to be a special day with over 15,000 family, friends, staff, and many others gathering on the quad to celebrate all that the seniors have achieved in there time here! READ MORE