Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

5 Street Style Blogs to Follow Now

By Jordan Schechter
April 18, 2014 - 12:21pm

Camille Over the Rainbow Link: www.camilleovertherainbow.com Who: Camille Charriere Nationality: British/French Style: classic/sporty What she posts: OOTD’s, recent purchases/desires, reviews of the latest designer collections, super trendy Polyvore collages Maja Wyh READ MORE

Ahyan '15

By Catherine Pilishvili
April 18, 2014 - 8:17am

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia Major: International Studies and NBB Extracurriculars: Emory Pipeline, Student Alumni Board, Orientation Leader Fraternity: Alpha Kappa Psi   Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is your biggest fear in a relationship? Ahyan (A): Being with a girl who’s taller than me.   HCE: How have you overcome this fear? A: Hiding her high heels.   HCE: What are your plans for this summer? A: I’m going on a cruise with my family, and hoping to travel a little bit.   READ MORE

You Nailed It!

By Emma Belfer
April 18, 2014 - 8:15am

Spring has sprung, and it hit Emory students hard! Students have been spotted reading on the grass at the quad, tanning on McDonough in bikinis, and strutting their new summer wardrobes at Wonderful Wednesdays. Wherever you look around campus, you are immediately put in a better mood when you notice how everyone’s mood has been uplifted by the noticeable change in the weather. READ MORE

Underrated Study Spots

By elyssabrezel@gmail.com
April 17, 2014 - 10:00pm

With the end of term quickly approaching, the usually reliable Woodruff Library is inching back into the grossness associated with exams season. Tack on security guards with a sudden strictness on food, and it seems too easy to give up on studying and head back early. Luckily, there are plenty of study options available for when Club Lib just isn’t cutting it for you. Cox Hall Computer Lab READ MORE

What We Can Learn About the Fashion World From The Devil Wears Prada

By Jillian Taub
April 17, 2014 - 12:44pm

If Devil Wears Prada isn’t one of your fave chick flicks, then I am hardcore judging you. Not only does this movie star incredibly talented actors Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway and has the hottest guys in it (Nate <3), but it also gives an accurate depiction of the fashion world. We are given an inside peek into the fashion industry- the good and the bad. Here are some things we can learn:  1) People like Miranda Priestly do exist in the real world. It’s believed that the movie is based on Anna Wintour, Vogue’s editor in chief. Scary, but true.  READ MORE

Jessica Krugman and Danielle Wolfe (both '14), presidents of JHealth

By Hannah Kramer
April 17, 2014 - 8:00am

Interested in medicine or public health? Meet Jessica and Dani, both seniors and the presidents of JHealth, a student organization for those who are interested in pursuing careers in these fields. Learn more about their involvement, the organization’s philanthropic accomplishments, and how you can participate!    Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is JHealth?    READ MORE

From Formal to Finals

By Caitlin Carey
April 16, 2014 - 11:45am

Fraternity formals have come and gone. The hours you spent stressing over perfecting your cooler, getting bikini-ready, and finishing schoolwork ahead of time have finally been justified with a much-needed beach weekend. Unfortunately, this means one thing: finals are all too near. Prepping for formal seems pretty straightforward, but what about the recovery? How can we switch gears from beach mentality to the finals mindset? Detox: READ MORE

Campus Chic: Campbell '16

By Jasmine Tang
April 15, 2014 - 11:51pm

Name: Campbell Lunsford Year: Sophomore Hometown: San Diego, California Major: American Studies with English Minor Sorority: Kappa Alpha Theta   HCE: What is your style mantra? CL: I don’t really have a style mantra, but I love anything classic with a hint of the current trends. I don’t like when girls are 100% trendy… first of all the style is constantly changing and second of all it is so expensive to upkeep that! I love simple/preppy pieces with something fun to spice it up.   HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at? READ MORE

Maxi Dresses: The New Sweatpants

By Hilleary Gramling
April 15, 2014 - 12:46pm

It’s 8:50am and you have class at 9:00 and there’s no way you’re going to class without at least a little bit of makeup on. Then you think to yourself  “if I do my makeup I won’t have time to pick an outfit… I’ll have to wear sweatpants..”  Right? WRONG. Maxi-dresses are the spring’s sweatpants. They’re slimming, comfortable and trendy, and they just slip right over your head! If you don’t like to wear pants then maxi dresses are for you because technically you’re still not wearing any.   READ MORE

Priyanka Krishnamurthy, Editor-in-Chief of The Emory Wheel

By Amirah Mahdi
April 11, 2014 - 1:54pm

Meet the new Editor-in-Chief of the Emory Wheel, junior Priyanka Krishnamurthy! Every Tuesday and Friday a new copy of the Wheel is distributed in various places across campus, and this girl oversees it all. Aside from running the Wheel Priyanka enjoys, "drinking espresso, writing poetry, reading philosophy, and being an intersectional feminist." The Wheel, an integral part of the Emory community, is Emory's only student-run newspaper. I'm sure being the EIC of such a important facet of Emory takes a lot of hard-work, so read up on Priyanka and how you can get involved with the Wheel!   Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you get involved with the Wheel? READ MORE