Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Sigma Chi Derby Days

By Nicole Toback
March 20, 2014 - 5:58pm

Do you hate cancer? Do you love kids? Are you a fan of the Sigma Chi fraternity? If so, you should definitely attend Sigma Chi’s Derby Days event on Friday, March 21st. Founded in 1934, Derby Days is an annual, weeklong series of philanthropic and charitable events hosted by The Sigma Chi Fraternity nationwide in an effort to raise money and awareness for The Children’s Miracle Network. Sigma Chi has been hosting events all week like Pie a Sigma Chi at Wonderful Wednesday in order to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network. For Friday’s event, Sigma Chi is partnering with Campus DJ and Monster Energy to present Paris and Simo. To attend Friday’s event, doors open at 9pm and buy tickets at www.campusdj....

Paris & Simo, Headliners of Derby Days

By Amirah Mahdi
March 20, 2014 - 2:43pm

Each year, Emory fraternity Sigma Chi's philanthropy week culminates in a huge party, and this year is no different. Meet Paris & Simo from Montreal who will be headlining this year's Monster Energy Outbreak College Tour presented by Campus DJ and Sigma Chi Derby Days. If you went last year, I'm sure you had fun (I know I did) and you don't want to miss it this year either. Proceeds from ticket sales ($15 each) go to The Children's Miracle Network, so make sure you go out and support their cause and dance the night away to the sounds of Paris & Simo!! Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you guys get started in music? READ MORE

24 Disney Channel Original Movies you Forgot you Loved

By Melissa Fenchel
March 20, 2014 - 2:34pm

Disney Channel Original Movies pretty much defined our childhood.  We grew up when they were at their prime, and nothing will ever quite be able to compete with these classics.  There are so many great ones, but here are 24 you will be happy to remember. 1. Brink (1998) Andy Brinker skates for fun with his friends as part of the soul-skater.  When he finds out his parents are in financial trouble, he joins Team X-Bladz, who skate for money, but are not the nicest group.  He knows his parents and friends would dissapprove, so he tries to hide his new secret. READ MORE

Non-Profit Networking Night

By Megan Rosa
March 19, 2014 - 1:24am

Non-Profit Networking Night On Thursday, March 20th is Emory is hosting its 8th annual Nonprofit Networking Night. For underclassmen as well as graduating seniors looking to fulfill that cliché college dream of changing the world and doing well or just in general trying get their life together, for summer or fall internships, jobs, volunteer opportunities or gap year options, it is a great opportunity. A non-profit organization does not mean that the organization does not intend to make a profit, but rather that the organization has no owners and that the funds acquired in the operation of the organization will not be used to benefit any members. So don't worry you can still pay off your student loans. ...

Campus Chic: Sasha '17

By Jasmine Tang
March 19, 2014 - 1:18am

Name: Sasha Boginsky Year: Freshman  Hometown: New York City Major: Pre-Business Sorority: SDT   HCE:  What is your style mantra?  SB: A lot of dark shades like black and gray, minimalist-style that looks effortless and put together at the same time   HCE:  What are your favorite stores to shop at? SB: Scoop, Wink, Intermix, Tani, Trash and Vaudeville and boutiques such as Rag and Bone, Helmut Lang, and All Saints     READ MORE

Cooler Painting Season!

By Alexandria Lowe
March 17, 2014 - 12:02pm

Whether you're painting a cooler for your date for a Fraternity Formal, or one for Clue Week for your little, there are a few basics you’ll need and I’ve got the scoop! I’ll take you step by step through the cooler painting process! 5 Step Cooler Prep 1.) You can buy your cooler at a number of different places. I usually start (and end) my search at Walmart because they are the cheapest, but Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shops and other outdoors stores carry coolers.  2.) Once you bring your cooler home, take it apart. Unscrew the hinges that hold the lid in place and if the handle comes off, go ahead and get it off of there.  READ MORE

Top 10 Must-Have Denim Styles

By Adrianna Arjona
March 17, 2014 - 11:46am

Recently, I have developed an appreciation that may slowly be turning into an obsession with denim. Denim is AMAZE. There are so many different kinds of ways to wear it that I never even really considered for my own wardrobe. Don't worry, I'm here to help you incorporate these denim pieces that are sure to become staples in your own closet. Here are the ten denim pieces every girl should own: 1.  Dark Denim READ MORE

How did you spend your spring break?

By Amirah Mahdi

Spring Has Sprung

By Danielle Stadler
March 17, 2014 - 1:39am

The time has finally come! During the day, hotlanta is somewhat hot! It is time to lose the bulky jackets! I hope you guys brought your shorts from home.     This outfit incorporates a floral top that is composed of lighter pastels, which is perfect for spring! Paired with dark jean shorts and a light grey cardigan, this outfit is perfect for a warmer day with a cool breeze. The cobalt loafers are perfect for when it is too cold to wear sandals. They also add a pop of color to the outfit. READ MORE

Emory Gets Greener for Saint Patrick’s Day

By Megan Rosa
March 14, 2014 - 10:19am

Emory gets Greener for Saint Patrick’s Day Emory decided to get greener for Saint Patrick’s Day, which is Monday March 17th by announcing the university is working on eliminating Styrofoam products from campus. Saint Patty’s day is a day to recognize patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick, who is considered a principal trailblazer of Irish Christianity.  Today people throw parades, wear green, drink green beer, and now the Emory community will now be able to show off their green by not using Styrofoam! READ MORE