Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Captain of TNT, James La Russa

By Amirah Mahdi
September 25, 2014 - 11:25am

If you were at Best in Show this year then I'm sure you were enticed by TNT's performance, and it was probably due to this week's campus celeb's performance... Meet the captain of TNT, James La Russa! This dancer has a diverse background (ballet and hip-hop) all while juggling being pre-vet. Check out when you can see TNT's performances this semester and how you can have the opportunity to dance with these guys at special workshops!   Her Campus Emory (HCE): When did you start dancing? James La Russa (JL): I started dancing when I was 3 at a small studio in South Georgia, training primarily in ballet. I continued to dance ballet professionally in college, but began dancing hip-hop as well. READ MORE...

Fall Outfit Snap

By Rabia Malik
September 24, 2014 - 6:36pm

Now that temperatures in Atlanta have dropped so suddenly (anybody else remember wearing tanks and high-waisted shorts at the Sugar Ray concert this weekend?), it's time to start pulling out your scarves and boots! Here's a quick snap of a cute fall outfit you can rock this season.  Dress - Madewell Scarf - aerie by American Eagle Shawl - New Look UK Belt - Pinky Otto Frilly Socks - Topshop UK Wedge Booties - Tom's READ MORE

5 Realizations Every Freshman Comes to in Her First Month of College

By Justine Schoenbart
September 24, 2014 - 11:36am

In the past month that we’ve been here, we’ve learned that an hour and fifteen minutes is a really, really long time to sit in a class. We have also learned that college papers certainly do not write themselves... But outside of our schoolwork, we’ve definitely managed to learn a little about Emory life itself. Here are just a few things that every freshman has discovered in these first four weeks: 1.     The Freshman 15 is SO Real READ MORE

Malkese 17'

By Dumebi Egbuna
September 24, 2014 - 11:29am

Year: Sophomore Hometown: Bronx, NY Major: Political Science Major, Media Studies Minor Extracurricular: Men Stopping Violence, Freedom University, Intermural Basketball   HCE: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Malkese: Masters Degree in Education, trying to change educational policy in urban schools.   HCE: Describe yourself in three words: Malkese: Shy, Smart, Dedicated   READ MORE

Aeropostale In-Store Shopping Party

By Justine Schoenbart
September 24, 2014 - 12:03am

As much as I’d love to go to Lenox Mall with my friends every Saturday after I find myself outfit-less on Thursday and Friday nights, I’m often forced to face the sad reality that I can’t.  Yes, I’m a a college student, and, yes, that means I’m on a budget. As a result, my “shopping” trips to the mall usually translate into window shopping trips, which means that the next week, I still find myself with absolutely nothing to wear. Luckily for me, this Friday, September 26th, Her Campus is partnering with Aéropostale for an in-store shopping event where not only will they be featuring clothing from their new lines (Aero Now, and Live Love Dream), but they’ll also be giving us 30% off with an invite coupon!...

The Ray Rice Scandal: Is Winning a Game More Important than Taking a Stand on Domestic Violence?

By Katherine Lerner
September 23, 2014 - 1:42pm

Is winning a game more important than taking a stand on domestic violence?  It shouldn’t be, but that doesn’t seem to be what the NFL believed. For those of you who do not know what is going on with the Ray Rice scandal, here are the basics.  Ray Rice is a 27-year-old star running back for the Baltimore Ravens, who just had his contract terminated and is indefinitely suspended from the NFL because of domestic violence controversy.  However, there is a lot more to the story. The unraveling of the scandal is revealing a serious indifference toward domestic violence on behalf of the NFL.  READ MORE

Sunnie Days

By Adrianna Arjona
September 22, 2014 - 1:58pm

The season of summer is coming to a close (sigh...), and we all wish we could wear crop tops and shorts year round. But sadly that outfit isn’t fitting for Atlanta’s soon approaching cool weather. Just because it may be getting cooler though, does not mean you can forgo adding a great pair of sunglasses to your fall outfit. Here are a few great pairs of sunnies to ease you into that fall weather state of mind: BRIGHT: READ MORE

Top 5 Health & Fitness Apps

By Saphir Shemesh
September 22, 2014 - 1:26pm

The new school year is kicking off in full force, and you may be feeling overwhelmed. If you’re like me, starting a healthy lifestyle is probably not on your top list of priorities with everything else going on in your life. But nothing has gotten me to the WoodPec as much as my iPhone full of apps that act like my little personal trainer right in the palm of my hand. READ MORE

Atlanta Eats: Sun In My Belly

By Saher Fatteh
September 22, 2014 - 11:50am

Located only 10 minutes away from Emory, Sun In My Belly is the perfect spot to grab brunch with friends on the weekend.    Editors note: Try the bacon.  Photo: http://www.suninmybelly.com   READ MORE

Greek Week

By Nicole Toback
September 22, 2014 - 11:38am

Interested in learning more about Greek Life at Emory? Do you have a competitive spirit or nostalgia for Color War at camp (former Iroquois Springs camper and still obsessed with it)? If so, get excited because Greek Week is here! This year’s theme is World Cup! From September 27th to October 2nd, Greek organizations will team up and participate in a variety of events ranging from flag football to a big kickoff block party! READ MORE