Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Green Day's American Idiot

By Nicole Toback
May 2, 2014 - 12:23pm

Looking for a break during Finals weekend? Enjoy musicals? Love Green Day? Green Day’s American Idiot the groundbreaking Broadway musical is coming to Atlanta from May 1st-4th at the Fox Theatre. The play is about three lifelong friends forced to choose between their dreams and the comfort of suburbia. “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” “21 Guns” “Wake Me Up When September Ends” “Holiday” and the namesake song are all featured in the musical. If you want to wake up before finals end, check out American Idiot at the Fox Theatre.  READ MORE

Summer TV Preview!

By Lily Weinberg
May 2, 2014 - 7:04am

In an ideal world, we'll be spending this summer getting cultured at cool museum exhibits or reading best-sellers, but in reality we all know what these next three month are really for: watching fav TV shows. Here are some shows that we can all look forward to coming back this summer! Louie: When: May 5, 2014 Where: FX What: Season 4 The Bachelorette: When: May 19, 2014 Where: ABC READ MORE

Brian Konig (’16), Epic Snapchatter

By Hannah Kramer
May 1, 2014 - 10:59pm

The end of second semester is quickly approaching, and the stress of finals might be making you crazy--but Brian's finals procrastination turned him into a Snapchat star! Meet the talent behind some of the most epic Snaps you'll probably ever see.   Her Campus Emory (HCE): Where do you get your ideas for these Snapchats? Brian Konig (BK): One of the first ones I did was Finding Nemo. After that, a friend suggested I come up with a theme, so we ended up deciding to recreate all the Pixar movies.   READ MORE

Carrie Bradshaw Fashion Failures

By Jillian Taub
May 1, 2014 - 12:33pm

Carrie Bradshaw was known for many things on the hit show Sex and the City. Her sex column, her unbelievable friends, her excessive shoe collection, her horrible taste in men, and of course, her love of fashion. Though she claims to live for fashion, she doesn’t seem to show it. When looking at her outfit choices, I couldn’t help but wonder…what was she thinking?? Here are some of the worst:  New Year’s Eve is the time to dress up, but for Carrie it was the time to look like she was playing dress-up. Between the pajama pants, fur coat, sparkly hat, and pearl neckalce, I can't decide which is the most random. Let’s not forget the impractical heels.. Even thought she was just spending the night with Miranda she could at least look presentable. ...

Rompers and Jumpsuits and Playsuits, Oh My!

By Emily van den Berg
May 1, 2014 - 12:12pm

No matter how much you love clothes or fashion, sometimes getting dressed is just a huge pain. Especially when you’re running late, finding a top and bottom that both match and look fashionable can be tough. Solution? Rompers! Just as easy as a dress, these babies are a top and bottom put together and they look amazing. READ MORE

Heel to Heal 5k

By Grace Ashforth
April 30, 2014 - 12:26pm

What better break is there to studying than getting some exercise? Exercise helps to relax and take your mind off of the stress that comes with finals. This 5k is sponsored by the Emory Physician Assistant Program and has a $30 entry fee. The race will begin at the SAAC on Clairmont Campus and will make its way through Lullwater Park. This is a major philanthropic event that occurs every year. This is its 13th year, and it helps to support the medical community and their education. It also helps to support three non-profit organizations, Good Samaritan Clinic, the Healing Community Center, and the South Georgia Farmworker project. So take a break and have fun with this 5k! READ MORE

Campus Chic: Sarah '15

By Jasmine Tang
April 30, 2014 - 12:20pm

Name: Sarah Cohen Year: 2015 Hometown: Westport, Connecticut Major: Sociology Sorority: Kappa Alpha Theta   HCE: What is your style mantra? SC: Confidence. Never invest in trends, only classics. Confidence makes any outfit look like a million bucks.    HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at?  READ MORE

The Definitive Ranking of Best Procrastination Sites

By Emma Belfer
April 30, 2014 - 8:41am

Finals are no longer a distant thought in the back of your mind; they have arrived. Our last weekend to have a good time out is past us and we need to buckle down to make our last marks good ones. Inevitably, finals lead to procrastinating in one way or another. People procrastinate in all sorts of way, whether its by eating, socializing, or cleaning. For me, I like to procrastinate on the Internet. When I’m typing a paper, the Safari icon at the bottom of my screen is just too tempting not to click on for all the possibilities it holds. You may either love me or hate me for this article, but in the spirit of finals, here is my definitive ranking of the best sites on which to procrastinate:...

Andrew '16

By Catherine Pilishvili
April 29, 2014 - 8:15pm

Hometown: Roslyn, New York Major: International Studies Fraternity: Beta Theta Pi Extracurriculars: Co-Captain of Emory Rugby   Her Campus Emory (HCE): How are finals looking for you? What are some ways you de-stress during finals? Andrew (A): All of my finals are tests, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it definitely makes procrastinating easier. Patio parties have helped me de-stress so far, but I don't think I can get away with that this week. There is also something very relieving about launching things off the house balcony, but you definitely didn't hear that from me. READ MORE

Mad for Maxis

By Nathalie Simon
April 29, 2014 - 12:30pm

Once reserved for hippies and free spirits, the maxi dress is having a major fashion moment this season. Breezy and elegant, a flowing maxi dress makes an impact on and off the red carpet. All maxi dresses aren’t the same-- each one is as individual as the woman who wears it. The maxi dress is THE summer’s fashion trend. If you love to be called a fashionista, then your wardrobe must include the maxi dress to look chic, sexy and comfortable. This dress comes in a variety of styles that can be tailored for almost any occasion from casual to formal and even on the beach. READ MORE