Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Amanda Speilman '17

By Danielle Stadler
March 26, 2014 - 12:00pm

Name: Amanda Spielman Year: Freshman Hometown: Palo Alto, CA Major: Biology Sorority: Tri Delt     HCE: What is your style mantra? A: Effortless & Comfy, a little grunge, beachy w/ lots of neutrals HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at? A: Free People, LF, PlanetBlue, Aritzia, swell.com   HCE: What is your favorite piece of clothing you own? A: Either my beige knit Free People sweater or my grey oversized flannel HCE: Whats your go to outfit? READ MORE

Lana Del Rey Concert

By Grace Ashforth
March 26, 2014 - 2:17am

Lana Del Rey is coming to Atlanta, and you don't want to miss this! After gaining fame just a couple years ago, she sprung to the top of the charts with her singles "Young and Beautiful" and "Summertime Sadness." Now she's on her Born to Die tour and wants to entertain you all for a night! This is the perfect way to celebreate the end of the school year! For all you senior HCE readers you can congratulate yourselves on making it to graduation before going out into the real world. Take a break from all the finals studying and enjoy a night full of friends and phenomenal music. You can buy tickets here. Enjoy!! READ MORE...

Top 5 Southern Road Trip Destinations!

By Elizabeth Sklar
March 26, 2014 - 12:29am

Atlanta is an amazing city, but here in the South, there are so many great cities within driving distance. Going to school here provides a great opportunity to explore places we otherwise might not get to. Here are some ideas of great cities to visit with friends! 1. Savannah, Georgia: ​Located in our “home” state of Georgia, Savannah has a great budding art scene, including its recently expanded Telfair Museum, and lots of cute shops. It is a beautiful and charming city, and it is energized by students from Savannah College of Art and Design--perfect for visiting Emory students. Approximately 3.5 hours from Atlanta READ MORE

Why You Should ALWAYS Wear Black

By Hilleary Gramling
March 25, 2014 - 1:15am

There are few colors that can instill a sense of beauty, grace and poise the way that the color black can. Here are 10 reasons you should make black part of your wardrobe no matter what season:   1. Black will always make you feel confident. Few people can pull off all black, and there is nothing more badass, or confidence inspiring, than an all black outfit.   2. There is no color sexier than black. Not one. So if you want to feel sexy, wear black. READ MORE

Jayson '15

By Catherine Pilishvili
March 25, 2014 - 12:49am

Major: Finance & ISOM Hometown: Livingston, New Jersey Fraternity: Beta Theta Pi Extracurriculars: The Emory Wheel, IM Sports Her Campus Emory (HCE): What made you come to Atlanta for school? Jayson (J): I would say the real game-changer was the weather. I knew that coming from Jersey, I needed to spend four years in a warm, sunny place where I could tan all the time. I really need it.  HCE: What are your plans after graduating? READ MORE

Relay for Life Greek Week

By Megan Rosa
March 24, 2014 - 1:15am

If you didn’t get enough inter-greek bonding during Greek Week last semester, get ready for Emory’s second annual Relay for Life Goes Greek.  On ya marks, get set, GO! Monday March 24th is the kick off day and anchors Friday March 28th.  Although the actual Relay for Life is an event that will take place Friday April 11th 4pm-4am on McDonough Field, the Relay Committee wants to amp up the energy throughout the Emory community until the final event. Other Relay for Life events have included acapaella group performances (which will be at the final event) and Wonderful Wednesday. Last year there was a 5k run “Cox to the SAAC and Back” for Prostate Cancer Awareness. Don’t worry that was the only actual running part, which is voluntary, in the Relay for Life....

Second Semester Spring: The Bucket List

By Saphir Shemesh
March 24, 2014 - 12:23am

Time for one more bucket list to kick off the semester right! As April approaches us, you’re probably finding yourself wondering where the year has gone. For those seniors who are graduating this May, it probably feels like just yesterday that you stepped onto Emory’s campus as a timid freshman excited about all Emory and Atlanta has to offer. However, time really does fly, and now you may be wondering what happened to those four years. Have no fear! I’ve compiled this list to help you accomplish the must-do, must-see things at Emory and Atlanta. Good luck! READ MORE

How do you feel about March Madness?

By Amirah Mahdi

Spring Kicks

By Jasmine Tang
March 23, 2014 - 9:12pm

Spring is finally here! With temperatures hitting the upper 60s this week and March 21 signaling the first day of spring, it's time to bust out your spring kicks and prepare for the warm weather ahead. Even though Atlanta's been having warm weather occasionally (aka when it was a sunny 70 degrees on Saturday), it's still been fluctuating a bit, and it's not quite sandal weather yet. Instead of hitting up your classic converse and ballet flats, try something funkier on your feet while you await the time where your sandals don't have to stay in their boxes at the bottom of the closet.    READ MORE

HC Emory <3s #HCSurvivalKits and our Sponsors!!

By Allison Day
March 23, 2014 - 6:26pm

The national Her Campus team and HC sponsors sent us a fabulous Spring Break Survival Kit for the HC Emory team to enjoy!  We've been using Neuro Sleep to get back on a regular sleep schedule from staying up all night during spring break. Chipotle gift cards have fueled our burrito bowl cravings. Let's be real; no one at Emory goes longer than a week without a little trip to Chipotle. READ MORE