Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Emory Dance Company Performance

By Megan Rosa
April 25, 2014 - 1:01am

Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight April 24th (8pm) and April 26th (6pm) for Emory Dance Company’s Pluto’s Renaissance. The Emory Dance Company performs new work choreographed by Emory dance majors and minors who are emerging in the field of contemporary dance. For most of us with two left feet, contemporary dance is freestyle theartrical dance. My friends have a name for my dancing it’s called ‘What are you doing, are you ok?’ (girlcodemtv) Unlike me these dancers have game Do the D-A-N-C-E READ MORE

EDC Choreographers '14

By Amirah Mahdi
April 24, 2014 - 8:18am

This week's celeb is a little different--instead of featuring one or two people, we are featuring 9 people. That's right, a whopping 9 people! Meet this year's Emory Dance Company (EDC) choreographers, Nathalie Angel, Lu Arechiga, Sarah Beach, Mary-Rose Branch, Natalie Eggert, Sarah Freeman, Kevin Huang, James LaRussa, and Luna Vorster! These dancers have put in a lot of hard work into this year's show and it's definitely not one to miss! Read up on their hobbies and how each dancer developed his or her piece! READ MORE

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

By Elizabeth Sklar
April 23, 2014 - 12:58pm

One great way to de-stress during finals season is baking! With summer approaching, these strawberry shortcakes cupcakes are a great seasonal treat. Take an hour off from studying to make them- you’ll be super popular if you bring extras back to the library! Here’s the recipe: Cupcakes Ingredients: 1 stick unsalted butter 1 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 1 ½ cups all purpose flour 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt 1/3 cup milk 1 tsp vanilla extract READ MORE

Zach '14

By Catherine Pilishvili
April 23, 2014 - 12:55pm

Hometown: Rye Brook, NY     Major: Finance Extracurriculars: WMRE, GIBA, bass guitar Fraternity: Formerly Phi Delta Theta   Her Campus Emory (HCE): We hear your birthday is coming up! Are you planning anything special for it? READ MORE

Spring Cleaning

By Jasmine Tang
April 23, 2014 - 12:53pm

It's almost the most dreaded time of the semester: finals. And with these glorious end of the year examinations comes the time to pack up your dorm room and head back home for the summer. If you're like me, and you live on the opposite side of the country, you definitely don't want to schlep all of the stuff you've accumulated this semester back home. So instead of paying to store items that you don't want anymore, combine the packing process with a little spring cleaning. Here are a few tips to help you decide which items to keep or toss.    Keep your favorite clothes, items that are still in style, and things with sentimental value. Don't give away those trendy slip-on sneakers or crop-tops just yet, you'll be needing them next fall. ...

Denim Day- A day to support ending sexual violence and supporting survivors

By Megan Rosa
April 23, 2014 - 1:47am

Denim Day April 23rd, 2014 is a simple way for members of a community to show support for sexual assault survivors by wearing jeans.  This international day, Denim Day, originated from a 1992 Italian court case in which the conviction of a rapist was overturned.   Since the survivor was wearing tight women’s jeans, the judge ruled that “she had to help the accused remove them, and by removing the jeans it was no longer sexual assault but consensual sex.” Brought to Emory University by the Respect Program and the Intimate Partner Violence Working Group sponsor and support Denim Day. READ MORE

11 Wardrobe Essentials Every Girl Must Have

By Emily van den Berg
April 22, 2014 - 12:57pm

Whether you’re a seasoned fashionista or a “jeans-and-a-t-shirt” kind of girl, there are certain items that everyone should have in their closet. Here’s a rundown of 11 must-haves: READ MORE

How to Put the Good in Goodbye

By Saphir Shemesh
April 21, 2014 - 3:45pm

The end of the year always arrives faster than any of us imagine. From finals to finalizing your summer plans, there is a lot to juggle this time of year! So, needless to say, it can be really easy to get overwhelmed and forget what must get done before peacing out. Here are some different things to think about before you escape into sweet summer bliss.    Finals Prep  READ MORE

How did you spend your weekend?​

By Amirah Mahdi

Campus Chic: Alana '17

By Danielle Stadler
April 21, 2014 - 2:49am

Name: Alana Pockros Year: Freshman Hometown: San Diego, CA Major: Political Science    HCE: What is your style mantra? A: If it makes you feel good (because it's comfy or because you like how you look in it), wear it   HCE: What are you favorite stores to shop at?  A: Topshop, Bloomingdales, LF, thrift stores, and boutiques like Wasteland, Studio 12:20, and Planet Blue      HCE: What is your favorite piece of clothing you own? A: A linen Vince tee shirt    READ MORE