Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Andrew '16

By Catherine Pilishvili
April 29, 2014 - 8:15pm

Hometown: Roslyn, New York Major: International Studies Fraternity: Beta Theta Pi Extracurriculars: Co-Captain of Emory Rugby   Her Campus Emory (HCE): How are finals looking for you? What are some ways you de-stress during finals? Andrew (A): All of my finals are tests, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it definitely makes procrastinating easier. Patio parties have helped me de-stress so far, but I don't think I can get away with that this week. There is also something very relieving about launching things off the house balcony, but you definitely didn't hear that from me. READ MORE

Mad for Maxis

By Nathalie Simon
April 29, 2014 - 12:30pm

Once reserved for hippies and free spirits, the maxi dress is having a major fashion moment this season. Breezy and elegant, a flowing maxi dress makes an impact on and off the red carpet. All maxi dresses aren’t the same-- each one is as individual as the woman who wears it. The maxi dress is THE summer’s fashion trend. If you love to be called a fashionista, then your wardrobe must include the maxi dress to look chic, sexy and comfortable. This dress comes in a variety of styles that can be tailored for almost any occasion from casual to formal and even on the beach. READ MORE

17 Signs Your Roommate is Also Your Best Friend

By Melissa Fenchel
April 29, 2014 - 6:48am

1.  You can talk about anything--boys, food, life goals, family, whatever--at any time... most likely in bed at 2:30 a.m. 2.  You can tell her anything and you know she’ll keep it a secret. There is no judgment ever, and you know anything important you say is between the two of you. 3.  You have way too many “roomie pics” because really who else would you rather take pictures with?  There are pictures of the two of you on your phone that you can’t post because the sheer amount of selfies is getting a little ridiculous. READ MORE

Simple and Chic: A How To for Finals

By Danielle Stadler
April 28, 2014 - 12:49pm

With finals just around the corner, many girls feel the urge to grab the closest pair of sweatpants, slip on a pair of converse, and head to the lib. Personally, I feel I can accomplish more when I’m still dressed in a cute outfit. Here are a few ways to stay comfortable and be chic:      READ MORE

What's your guilty pleasure during finals?

By Amirah Mahdi

Last Day of Classes!

By Megan Rosa
April 28, 2014 - 1:03am

Today is the day, the day to end all days of sitting in long lecture, it’s the last day of classes! Yahoo! Jokes, not quite yet, finals weeks is still to come. Womp womp. But don’t worry,  as long as you study some at least you can say you tried. Though grades are important, everyone takes away something different from a class. Just because you didn’t get an A on the final test or paper doesn’t mean you didn’t learn nothin'. Just be proud of yourself for making it through another semester. READ MORE

Summer Essentials

By Jasmine Tang
April 27, 2014 - 11:15pm

With only a week left in the semester, summer has definitely been on my mind. No matter where you're headed after school lets out, you'll probably find yourself somewhere hot and sunny, preferably on a beach. Here's a round-up of the summer essentials that I can't wait to wear:     READ MORE

How to Strut Your Stuff

By Sade Tavangarian
April 25, 2014 - 12:46pm

Every outfit starts with your shoes. It takes one second to ruin it with bad ones, so rock your highest heels and follow this advice. 1. Ask yourself: Will my toes be safe? When buying opened-toed shoes, always make sure the front is a tight fit. When it is too loose, your toes will slide forward. Too tight, your toes will be painfully smushed. 2. Check yourself out Look in a full-length mirror to get the complete picture of your outfit with the shoes. 3. Use open space as a test track One of the biggest mistakes women make when wearing high heels is not knowing how to walk in them. Tripping, stumbling, and slipping is never fun. Practice walking around in heels, and don’t choose ones that will terrify you at first....

Emory Dance Company Performance

By Megan Rosa
April 25, 2014 - 1:01am

Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight April 24th (8pm) and April 26th (6pm) for Emory Dance Company’s Pluto’s Renaissance. The Emory Dance Company performs new work choreographed by Emory dance majors and minors who are emerging in the field of contemporary dance. For most of us with two left feet, contemporary dance is freestyle theartrical dance. My friends have a name for my dancing it’s called ‘What are you doing, are you ok?’ (girlcodemtv) Unlike me these dancers have game Do the D-A-N-C-E READ MORE

EDC Choreographers '14

By Amirah Mahdi
April 24, 2014 - 8:18am

This week's celeb is a little different--instead of featuring one or two people, we are featuring 9 people. That's right, a whopping 9 people! Meet this year's Emory Dance Company (EDC) choreographers, Nathalie Angel, Lu Arechiga, Sarah Beach, Mary-Rose Branch, Natalie Eggert, Sarah Freeman, Kevin Huang, James LaRussa, and Luna Vorster! These dancers have put in a lot of hard work into this year's show and it's definitely not one to miss! Read up on their hobbies and how each dancer developed his or her piece! READ MORE