Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Getting Ready for Fall!

By Saphir Shemesh
October 6, 2014 - 11:41am

The weather is finally getting cooler and what better way to make your dorm feel cozier than by baking a simple pie? This recipe is an attempt at a healthier version of the classic apple pie recipe. If you try it out, let us know! My personal favorite way to eat this pie is by adding some ice cream or gelato on the side! Total Time: Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 1hr 45min Ingredients: 8-10 granny smith apples 1 cup of coconut oil (or Canola Oil) 1 cup of flour 1 cup white sugar 1 teaspoons vanilla extract 4 eggs Juice from half a lemon READ MORE

Stripes on Stripes on Stripes

By Emily van den Berg
October 6, 2014 - 11:40am

As we’re still struggling with the transition from summer into fall here in Atlanta (I mean seriously, make up your mind. One day it’s cold, the next it’s sweltering) I thought it would be nice to talk about a trend that works regardless of the weather. The trend in question: stripes.     Stripes work on everyone, with pretty much anything. While it’s imperative to find a type of stripe that’s flattering for your body (whether it’s horizontal, vertical, thick or thin), once you’ve find a good fit you pretty much can’t go wrong. READ MORE

Delta Phi Epsilon’s Educational Proceeds Night

By Justine Schoenbart
October 6, 2014 - 11:31am

I don’t know about anyone else, but I know I never need an excuse to go off campus and eat some amazing frozen yogurt. In case you’re not as easily convinced as I am, Emory’s chapter of  Delta Phi Epsilon sorority is hosting an event at Sweet Monkey that you definitely won’t be able to resist. This Tuesday, be sure to make your way over to Sweet Monkey in Emory Point for DPhiE’s Sweet Monkey Educational Foundation Proceeds Night. When you buy their frozen yogurt between 6-10pm, a portion of the proceeds will go towards the sorority in order to raise money for the Educational Foundation. READ MORE

Boyfriend Jeans

By Saher Fatteh
October 6, 2014 - 11:06am

Photo courtesy of: http://www.lizmarieblog.com As the weather starts to get colder, it can be hard to tell yourself not to wear leggings every day. This is the perfect opportunity to break out your boyfriend jeans. Their slouchy yet stylish look will allow you to look and feel great. Wear them cropped at the bottom to show off your shoes and throw on a belt to give the baggy look a hint of structure.    READ MORE

Cassie '17

By Dumebi Egbuna
October 4, 2014 - 1:01pm

Year: Sophomore   Hometown: Jericho, NY   Major: Human Health   Extracurriculars: Twerking,, raving and sometimes reading       HCE: Single or taken?   Cassie: Single ;) hmu   HCE: What would be an ideal date?   READ MORE

Staying in the Loop

By Chloe Hewins
October 3, 2014 - 11:04am

Do you feel totally in tune with life on campus, but a little out of the loop when it comes to what’s going on in the world? It’s easy to get stuck in the Emory bubble and feel way behind on world affairs. As busy college students, we just don’t have time to flip through each section of the newspaper or scroll through CNN online. We need our news now. Here are some of the best and easiest ways to stay in touch with the outside world so you can be in the know.   1.     The Skimm READ MORE

Ryan Porter

By Jillian Taub
October 2, 2014 - 11:22am

Flipping through my monthly issue of Teen Vogue, I came across my latest obsession: Ryan Porter bracelets. Founded and designed by the beautiful Krysten Kauder, these bracelets were made to “add something to [the] arm party that also meant something to [her].” She nailed it.  READ MORE

The Best Nail Polish Colors for Fall

By Sravya
October 1, 2014 - 11:26am

Ladies, fall is finally here! Yes, for some of us, that signals an outbreak of allergies, colds, and wishing we went to school in Cali. But on the bright side, it's also time to ditch the pretty pastels and pick out some amazing autumn shades next time you visit the nail salon—or from your own overflowing nail polish bag. When in doubt, I always go with Essie. Of course, it can still be quite difficult to pick one color out of all the gorgeous ones available. To make your decision easier, here are three that many girls swear by for the fall: READ MORE

Layered Look

By Rabia Malik
September 30, 2014 - 9:52pm

Photo Credit: Jessika Faithfull (RMIT University, Melbourne; Instagram @jessikafaithfull) READ MORE

September Music Roundup: Music Midtown and TomorrowWorld

By Emma Belfer
September 30, 2014 - 3:54pm

All across Emory, people have been talking about the two main music events that came to Atlanta this fall: Music Midtown and TomorrowWorld. If you haven’t heard of these events, you need to get out more. While Music Midtown attracted the more eclectic, hipster, and rap music fans, TomorrowWorld attracted those who love house music, DJings, raging, partying, etc. Essentially, any fan of any given genre of music found their place at one of these events this month. If you’re like me and were not able to attend either event (still suffering from major FOMO), or if you’re looking to mentally relive the days- look no further! READ MORE