Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Bike-a-thon from Emory to Uganda

By Megan Rosa
April 2, 2014 - 12:42pm

If you need to throw in a couple of workout before frat formals, here is your chance. Hop on a bike and show your support for Building Tomorrow’s Bike to Uganda campaign from April 7th to the 11th . Building Tomorrow is a national organization that strives for a world where every child that has a desire to learn has a safe, permanent, and local place to do so. Stationary bikes will be set up on campus and participants, who are encouraged to donate $5 will cycle for 30 minutes each. The significance of the bikes is to bike the mileage across the country to Kampala, Uganda.  READ MORE

The Emory Experience: Freshman year at the DUC

By Melissa Fenchel
April 2, 2014 - 8:30am

The DUC experience is pretty much a synonym for freshman year.  With all those unlimited meal swipes (thanks Emory) and no one your year with a car, the DUC is the place to be.  Her Campus Emory has captured the classic DUC experience. You get to campus and find out you get unlimited swipes at the one dinning hall. This is Awesome! You get to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. You discover the cookies, frozen yogurt, and french fries, and see why the freshman 15 is a very real thing. READ MORE

Sohit '14

By Catherine Pilishvili
April 1, 2014 - 8:09am

Hometown: New Delhi, India Major: Econ & Sustainability Extracurriculars: President of Emory Cricket Club   Her Campus Emory (HCE): What's been your favorite part of going to school in Atlanta? Sohit (S): Getting the week off because of only a few inches of snow, twice. HCE: What other languages are you fluent in? S: Hindi and Punjabi HCE: What is your relationship status? READ MORE

Dooley & The Chocolate Factory

By Megan Rosa
March 31, 2014 - 1:46pm

Gettin' Down for Dooley's Week ZOMG it’s finally Dooley’s Week!!!!!! #thanksGary. Jk jk. Basically this is our homecoming week (#sorrynotsorry Swoop). It’s springtime, it should be nice, Dooley comes to class and lets you out (well, we’ll have to see on account of all our snow days), there’s free food,  Wonderful Wednesday is really hyped, a comedian comes, there’s a dance party on McDonough, and a concert on Saturday. READ MORE

Formal Season Freak Out

By Emma Belfer
March 31, 2014 - 11:19am

With formal season coming up, Emory girls everywhere are in a state of perpetual panic. The weight that we put on this winter and have been cleverly hiding under layers of clothing will suddenly be visible to an entire fraternity of boys when we don our bikinis. I’m a perfect example of this phenomenon. I know that I’m not alone and there are many girls with me who are freaking out and can’t decide whether they are more excited for formals to have a great time or scared to be in a bikini. I think a potentially amazing time could be ruined if you’re preoccupied stressing about your weight. You will be too blinded by your insecurities to enjoy what’s right in front of you. READ MORE

What event are you most excited about this Dooley's Week?

By Amirah Mahdi

Blossoming in Our Closets

By Danielle Stadler
March 31, 2014 - 2:01am

With spring in full swing, girls are incorporating the blooming flowers into their outfits. Why not become part of the lushness of spring while wearing cute floral dresses and tops?       This floral dress is the quintessential floral you should be rocking at this point in spring. The brightly colored flowers pop against this primarily navy colored dress. Paired with a dark wash jean jacket and brown pointy toed boots, you are good to go for a stroll in Lullwater Park or out to lunch!     READ MORE

Blazers: Not Just For The Office

By Emily van den Berg
March 28, 2014 - 12:18pm

Whenever we think business casual, our first instinct would be to pull our beloved perfectly-tailored black blazer out of our closets, and we’d be right. However, blazers can go a much longer way than just being an occasion-only staple. Blazers can not only classy up an otherwise overly casual outfit, but they can do the opposite as well. Worn right, your blazer can be your new outfit staple, even in the most casual situation. READ MORE

Tattoos as a Fashion Statement

By Jillian Taub
March 27, 2014 - 2:47am

Getting a tattoo is highly controversial. Teens countdown the day til their 18th bday, when they can legally get a tattoo without their parents consent (regardless of if you get one, it’s still cool to say you can). Parents hopelessly give the “you will regret it” lecture, while the kids stick it to Drake: YOLO. Sorry mom. People get tattoos for all kinds of reasons. Whether it’s a drunken mistake, an attempt at teenage rebellion, or a declaration of individualism, they are a trend that is only growing.  READ MORE

James Ding, Creator of Butterhub Bakery

By Amirah Mahdi
March 27, 2014 - 12:19am

Emory finally has the perfect late night snack: Butterhub Bakery! Whether you're cramming for finals or Netflix binge-watching, Buttherhub Bakery is your one-stop shop for baked goods galore. Meet junior James Ding, the creator of Butterhub Bakery. When he's not in the kitchen cooking up goods, this Computer Science major enjoys basketball, tennis, and playing the piano. Read up on how you can satisfy your late-night sweet tooth! Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Butterhub? James Ding (JD): "What if a college kid dreamed of being something other than what society had intended? What if he dreamed of being something more?" READ MORE