Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

September Music Roundup: Music Midtown and TomorrowWorld

By Emma Belfer
September 30, 2014 - 3:54pm

All across Emory, people have been talking about the two main music events that came to Atlanta this fall: Music Midtown and TomorrowWorld. If you haven’t heard of these events, you need to get out more. While Music Midtown attracted the more eclectic, hipster, and rap music fans, TomorrowWorld attracted those who love house music, DJings, raging, partying, etc. Essentially, any fan of any given genre of music found their place at one of these events this month. If you’re like me and were not able to attend either event (still suffering from major FOMO), or if you’re looking to mentally relive the days- look no further! READ MORE

Her Campus Emory + Aéropostale Shopping Party

By Emory Contributor
September 30, 2014 - 11:49am

We came, we saw, we shopped ‘til we dropped – at Aéropostale. No longer a brand exclusively for the kids you babysit, Aero has come out with new lines Live Love Dream and Aero Now, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. If you missed out on Aéropostale’s shopping party last Friday, here are some pics of our team sporting all-new, all-Aero outfits. These #OOTD pics? On. Point.     READ MORE

KEEP (Shopping All the Time)

By Stephanie Loutsenko
September 30, 2014 - 11:27am

Like any human girl, I’m obsessed with online shopping. My mailman knows me by name, and the people at my leasing office are emailing me every day saying a new package has arrived. But, there’s always the slight hassle of going on multiple websites…why can’t all the clothes, shoes, accessories, and random Etsy items I want be in one place? Well, now they are! READ MORE

Atlanta Eats: Rise-N-Dine

By Saher Fatteh
September 29, 2014 - 11:56am

It's Sunday and you are probably planning to spend the majority of your day in the library. Before committing to your day in the stacks, head over to Rise-N-Dine in the Emory Village for some delicious brunch.  READ MORE

How to Wear Leather Shorts

By Shaye Cooper
September 29, 2014 - 11:30am

Fall is just around the corner, but weather in Atlanta makes it nearly impossible to start incorporating our favorite fall looks. Sweaters, boots, and scarves may have to wait to all be worn together, but it is definitely still possible to make fall fashion heat friendly. Leather may be a little heavy, but luckily leather shorts make this beautiful material the perfect way to introduce a fall staple while the temperatures are still so high. Here are some easy ways to rock leather shorts:    During the day: Pair black leather shorts with a graphic tee and statement pendant to look stylish on the way to a class. This outfit is comfy and can be thrown together in seconds!  READ MORE

Library Yoga

By Elyssa Brezel
September 29, 2014 - 11:27am

This summer, while working towards my Yoga Teacher certification, I practiced yoga daily. Every day, I spent hours practicing and studying yoga. It will be a summer I’ll look back on longingly in my future years of internships and 9-5 jobs. Not surprisingly, it was a rude awakening returning to Emory and the library. Still in denial that my top priority is no longer yoga, I have been desperate to find ways to incorporate “Namaste breaks” into my daily life. There’s no shame in finding a little bit of zen in the library!   READ MORE

Girls Achieving Grapeness!

By Nicole Toback
September 29, 2014 - 11:27am

Recently with the Ray Rice incident domestic violence in America has become a more pressing issue even more than before. Fortunately, many of our sororities and fraternities partner with philanthropy organizations whose goal is to end domestic violence. This month Sigma Delta Tau, in partnership with their philanthropy organization JWI, will be selling a custom shade of OPI nail polish called Girls Achieving Grapeness. The purpose of this campaign is to empower girls and women to break the cycle of violence against women. Girls Achieving Grapeness supports JWI programs that help girls and women become safe and independent. Each bottle of nail polish is $10 and will be available at this upcoming Wonderful Wednesday and throughout the month of October....

The Guide to Berry Lips

By Olivia Selwitz
September 27, 2014 - 11:47am

As fall approaches we find ourselves swapping our sandals for booties, trading our iced coffees for pumpkin spice lattes, and replacing our tanks with knit sweaters.  This fall, you’ll also want to trade your favorite summer lip colors for something a bit more bold and daring: a berry lip.  The rich, dark color may seem daunting at first, but once you try it you’ll be wearing the color all the way into the spring. The key to getting away with a bold shade is to find the right hue for your skin tone. There are so many different variations of the berry shade so this guide is here to help you! READ MORE

How To Have Chipotle For Breakfast

By Amy Houchin
September 26, 2014 - 11:40am

Have a Chipotle burrito bowl from last night in your fridge, but don’t really want the same meal two days in a row? How about a burrito in a soggy tortilla you don’t know what to do with? Well, worry no more! Here’s a simple way to transform some of the most popular items on Chipotle’s menu into a quick and easy breakfast omelet! Ingredients: Your favorite Chipotle meal (burrito bowl, burrito minus the tortilla, salad, etc.) 2-3 Eggs (depends on how hungry you are) Salt and Pepper Non-stick spray or butter READ MORE

New Spanx Denim at Fab'rik in Emory Point

By Stephanie Loutsenko
September 26, 2014 - 11:32am

This past week I was lucky enough to attend a bloggers party at Fab'rik Emory Point. The owner of the store organized the event so that we could preview the newest denim line, by Spanx. Originally, I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about going. After all, Spanx is the frontrunner in shape-wear, and I had no idea how that would translate to denim! READ MORE