Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

5 Ways to Enjoy Fall in Atlanta

By Caitlin Carey
October 14, 2014 - 10:48am

It's hard to say, but based on the forecast, it seems as though Atlanta has finally decided it's fall. It's easy to let the cooler weather bum you out as it means shorts season is coming to a close. However, Atlanta has plenty of fun fall activities to keep your spirits up! Here are a few to get you started—hurry, before the weather gets too cold! 1. Hike Stone Mountain READ MORE

A Step in the Right Direction: Comfortable Shoes

By Danielle Stadler
October 13, 2014 - 11:28am

READ MORE

Layering 101

By Hilleary Gramling
October 13, 2014 - 11:12am

Now that October has officially commenced and the temperature in Atlanta has dropped below 80 degress, it's time to start thinking about dressing warmly. Whether pumpkin spiced lattes or Halloween deocrations are your favorite part of the chilly autumn season, I think we can all agree that the most important part of fall is sartorial, aka the fall wardrobe. Since the weather hasn't fully hit freezing temperatures yet and has only just begun to chill, here is your guide to layering so that you can look stylish throughout the day (even if it does get a little warmer in the afternoon).  Step 1: Utilize the scarf. READ MORE

Everything You Need to Survive Fall Semester

By Emory Contributor
October 11, 2014 - 10:21am

We know the transition from summer break to fall semester can be a bit rough.  Luckily, Her Campus Emory received an amazing box of goodies to help us get through the beginning of the school year! Our 2014 Back-to-School Survival Kit is filled with beauty and skin care samples, fashion freebies, healthy snacks, gift cards, and more to make sure our collegiettes are looking and feeling their best all semester long! Here are some of our favorites: •   Chipotle BOGO burrito cards (AKA financial aid!) •   Mini LUNA bars •   Affinitas Cupcake Panties •   Tanda Zap acne spot treatment devices •   Aeropostale gift cards •   Special edition Nasty Gal accessories •   Free Clue app download cards ...

Six Ways to Enjoy Fall Break in Atlanta

By Justine Schoenbart
October 10, 2014 - 11:10am

If you’re in a similar position as me, and your parents don’t love you enough to send you home over Fall Break; you’re probably trying to figure out what there is to do over the four-day weekend (besides sleep). While you might’ve initially wanted to go home to see your family and friends, there’s so much to do here in Atlanta that will keep you from going stir crazy in your dorm room. If you're stuck on ideas, try a few Her Campus approved suggestions: 1) Exploring Nature READ MORE

How to Incorporate Cheetah Print Into Your Wardrobe

By Isabel Malmazada
October 10, 2014 - 11:01am

If you’re like me when it comes to clothes, you tend to stick with what you know looks good on you. For me, that’s basically neutrals and black. I can always count on an all black outfit to get me through the day.  But with fall quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to change up your wardrobe and try new pieces that you wouldn’t before. I did this a few years ago with animal print, and I fell in love. Cheetah is now a staple in my closet. However, for those of you who aren’t so comfortable with wearing flashy animal print clothing, there are ways to slowly incorporate cheetah print into your outfits without looking like Snooki from Jersey Shore.  Sunglasses READ MORE

President of Best Buddies: Jessica Hirst

By Madison Rodman
October 9, 2014 - 3:38pm

Want inspiration to pursue your high school passion all the way through college? Meet the President of Best Buddies, Jessica Hirst ’15, who has been a member of Best Buddies for 8 years! When she isn’t busy coordinating Best Buddies Sunday events or matching up awesome buddy pairs, Jessica supplements her nursing major as a Student Ambassador at Emory’s nursing school, a Research Assistant at the Clarkson Refuge Center, and a Patient Care Specialist at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. In her free time, you can find Jessica running, reading, and of course, volunteering! Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Best Buddies? READ MORE

A (Realistic) Timeline of Writing a Paper

By Caitlin Carey
October 8, 2014 - 11:57am

7:00pm Even though you were assigned this paper a week ago, you finally decide to go to the library and start your paper that's due tomorrow. You promise yourself that it won't be hard to do in one night—you plan that you'll be 100% focused, and that it will only take you 2 hours. 8:00pm First things first: you check your Facebook. 9:00pm Facebook leads to various other websites...and before you know it everything seems to be distracting you. READ MORE

David '18

By Dumebi Egbuna
October 8, 2014 - 11:36am

Year: Freshman Hometown: Northport, New York Major: Pre-Buisness Extracurriculars: I enjoy volunteering and playing tennis HCE: Describe yourself in three words: David: Lovable, genuine, and rowdy HCE: Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? David: Living in Manhattan and owning a commercial and residential real estate company. READ MORE

British Fashion Retailer, Topshop, set to open in Atlanta

By Rabia Malik
October 8, 2014 - 11:31am

READ MORE