Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Fiesta Atlanta

By Grace Ashforth
May 5, 2014 - 1:28am

Fiesta Atlanta will be gathering on Sunday, May 4th for the 8th year in a row! This party lasts from noon to 7 PM, and there are a ton of events to participate in! For those who don't know, it is a Hispanic outdoor festival, in addition to being the largest Cinco de Mayo celebration in the southeast. What could be better? It is truly a cultural celebration with live musical perfoamnces. There is also a 5k race as well as soccer clinics and Mexican folk dancing. They will have free goodies including food, arts and crafts, and product samples. If you want an authentic Cinco de Mayo celebration, you should come out to Centennial Olympic Park and celebrate with thousands of others! It's a free event so you can come and go as you please!   ...

The Most Comfortable Shorts

By Shaye Cooper
May 2, 2014 - 1:35pm

With the last day of classes right around the corner, summer is finally so close! The weather the past couple of weeks has been wonderful and shorts season is officially here. This much anticipated time of the year has so many perks. This summer my favorite trend is shorts that give you plenty of breathing room. Comfort is always a key component of my daily wardrobe so I highly recommend trying to ditch the traditional skin-tight jean shorts and try flowy shorts. From floral patterns to simple solids, shorts this season have it all. These shorts are so versatile and can be worn during the day or even be paired with heels at night. From classy to flirty to trendy, flowy shorts have so much potential to spice up any wardrobe....

The LOVE’s Story

By Sade Tavangarian
May 2, 2014 - 12:25pm

We all have either heard of or know of the Cartier Love. A delicate, gold (also comes in rose-gold and platinum) bracelet that's on the arm of practically every star you know. The bracelet itself was created by Aldo Cipullo, who designed for Cartier in 1969 after he was inspired by the idea of chastity belts. He wanted to create a bracelet that you had to unscrew and take off that would speak of intimacy and commitment. READ MORE

Green Day's American Idiot

By Nicole Toback
May 2, 2014 - 12:23pm

Looking for a break during Finals weekend? Enjoy musicals? Love Green Day? Green Day’s American Idiot the groundbreaking Broadway musical is coming to Atlanta from May 1st-4th at the Fox Theatre. The play is about three lifelong friends forced to choose between their dreams and the comfort of suburbia. “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” “21 Guns” “Wake Me Up When September Ends” “Holiday” and the namesake song are all featured in the musical. If you want to wake up before finals end, check out American Idiot at the Fox Theatre.  READ MORE

Summer TV Preview!

By Lily Weinberg
May 2, 2014 - 7:04am

In an ideal world, we'll be spending this summer getting cultured at cool museum exhibits or reading best-sellers, but in reality we all know what these next three month are really for: watching fav TV shows. Here are some shows that we can all look forward to coming back this summer! Louie: When: May 5, 2014 Where: FX What: Season 4 The Bachelorette: When: May 19, 2014 Where: ABC READ MORE

Brian Konig (’16), Epic Snapchatter

By Hannah Kramer
May 1, 2014 - 10:59pm

The end of second semester is quickly approaching, and the stress of finals might be making you crazy--but Brian's finals procrastination turned him into a Snapchat star! Meet the talent behind some of the most epic Snaps you'll probably ever see.   Her Campus Emory (HCE): Where do you get your ideas for these Snapchats? Brian Konig (BK): One of the first ones I did was Finding Nemo. After that, a friend suggested I come up with a theme, so we ended up deciding to recreate all the Pixar movies.   READ MORE

Carrie Bradshaw Fashion Failures

By Jillian Taub
May 1, 2014 - 12:33pm

Carrie Bradshaw was known for many things on the hit show Sex and the City. Her sex column, her unbelievable friends, her excessive shoe collection, her horrible taste in men, and of course, her love of fashion. Though she claims to live for fashion, she doesn’t seem to show it. When looking at her outfit choices, I couldn’t help but wonder…what was she thinking?? Here are some of the worst:  New Year’s Eve is the time to dress up, but for Carrie it was the time to look like she was playing dress-up. Between the pajama pants, fur coat, sparkly hat, and pearl neckalce, I can't decide which is the most random. Let’s not forget the impractical heels.. Even thought she was just spending the night with Miranda she could at least look presentable. ...

Rompers and Jumpsuits and Playsuits, Oh My!

By Emily van den Berg
May 1, 2014 - 12:12pm

No matter how much you love clothes or fashion, sometimes getting dressed is just a huge pain. Especially when you’re running late, finding a top and bottom that both match and look fashionable can be tough. Solution? Rompers! Just as easy as a dress, these babies are a top and bottom put together and they look amazing. READ MORE

Heel to Heal 5k

By Grace Ashforth
April 30, 2014 - 12:26pm

What better break is there to studying than getting some exercise? Exercise helps to relax and take your mind off of the stress that comes with finals. This 5k is sponsored by the Emory Physician Assistant Program and has a $30 entry fee. The race will begin at the SAAC on Clairmont Campus and will make its way through Lullwater Park. This is a major philanthropic event that occurs every year. This is its 13th year, and it helps to support the medical community and their education. It also helps to support three non-profit organizations, Good Samaritan Clinic, the Healing Community Center, and the South Georgia Farmworker project. So take a break and have fun with this 5k! READ MORE

Campus Chic: Sarah '15

By Jasmine Tang
April 30, 2014 - 12:20pm

Name: Sarah Cohen Year: 2015 Hometown: Westport, Connecticut Major: Sociology Sorority: Kappa Alpha Theta   HCE: What is your style mantra? SC: Confidence. Never invest in trends, only classics. Confidence makes any outfit look like a million bucks.    HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at?  READ MORE