Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

British Fashion Retailer, Topshop, set to open in Atlanta

By Rabia Malik
October 8, 2014 - 11:31am

READ MORE

Boohoo Representative, Rachel Wolfman

By Emory Contributor
October 8, 2014 - 10:41am

Meet Boohoo's newest Social Media and Marketing Director, Rachel Wolfman. Check out Boohoo.com and use the code EUSTYLESQUAD2 for 25% off!  READ MORE

Boots Boots Boots

By Adrianna Arjona
October 7, 2014 - 11:59am

Even though it’s still early October, it seems like fall is here to stay. This can only mean one thing: BOOTS, BOOTS, BOOTS. Here’s a compilation of a few fun boots at different price points. Ankle boots are in and these bad boys should help you mix it up this up coming season.    SUEDE: Isabel Marant Dicker Boot $600 – This suede boot is an Isabel Marant classic. Ash Jalouse Suede Boots $198 – The brushed suede adds dimension to these western inspired. READ MORE

Nail Polish That Can Last Through Midterms

By Amy Houchin
October 7, 2014 - 9:38am

If you’re anything like me, then at one point or another you’ve had some serious trouble finding nail polish that lasts. Like really lasts—no chips here and there, and no touchups needed after only a few days. Now especially with midterms, you just want to paint your nails a super classy fall color...and not have to worry about any imperfections throughout the week while you’re studying. Well, Wet n' Wild has the answer to all your polish prayers! Their Wet n' Wild Wild Shine polish has AMAZING staying power and is super cheap, too! At only $0.99 a bottle, this polish stays on without chipping and comes in a wide variety of colors—classic reds, blacks, and neutrals but also some gorgeous autumn essentials....

Getting Ready for Fall!

By Saphir Shemesh
October 6, 2014 - 11:41am

The weather is finally getting cooler and what better way to make your dorm feel cozier than by baking a simple pie? This recipe is an attempt at a healthier version of the classic apple pie recipe. If you try it out, let us know! My personal favorite way to eat this pie is by adding some ice cream or gelato on the side! Total Time: Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 1hr 45min Ingredients: 8-10 granny smith apples 1 cup of coconut oil (or Canola Oil) 1 cup of flour 1 cup white sugar 1 teaspoons vanilla extract 4 eggs Juice from half a lemon READ MORE

Stripes on Stripes on Stripes

By Emily van den Berg
October 6, 2014 - 11:40am

As we’re still struggling with the transition from summer into fall here in Atlanta (I mean seriously, make up your mind. One day it’s cold, the next it’s sweltering) I thought it would be nice to talk about a trend that works regardless of the weather. The trend in question: stripes.     Stripes work on everyone, with pretty much anything. While it’s imperative to find a type of stripe that’s flattering for your body (whether it’s horizontal, vertical, thick or thin), once you’ve find a good fit you pretty much can’t go wrong. READ MORE

Delta Phi Epsilon’s Educational Proceeds Night

By Justine Schoenbart
October 6, 2014 - 11:31am

I don’t know about anyone else, but I know I never need an excuse to go off campus and eat some amazing frozen yogurt. In case you’re not as easily convinced as I am, Emory’s chapter of  Delta Phi Epsilon sorority is hosting an event at Sweet Monkey that you definitely won’t be able to resist. This Tuesday, be sure to make your way over to Sweet Monkey in Emory Point for DPhiE’s Sweet Monkey Educational Foundation Proceeds Night. When you buy their frozen yogurt between 6-10pm, a portion of the proceeds will go towards the sorority in order to raise money for the Educational Foundation. READ MORE

Boyfriend Jeans

By Saher Fatteh
October 6, 2014 - 11:06am

Photo courtesy of: http://www.lizmarieblog.com As the weather starts to get colder, it can be hard to tell yourself not to wear leggings every day. This is the perfect opportunity to break out your boyfriend jeans. Their slouchy yet stylish look will allow you to look and feel great. Wear them cropped at the bottom to show off your shoes and throw on a belt to give the baggy look a hint of structure.    READ MORE

Cassie '17

By Dumebi Egbuna
October 4, 2014 - 1:01pm

Year: Sophomore   Hometown: Jericho, NY   Major: Human Health   Extracurriculars: Twerking,, raving and sometimes reading       HCE: Single or taken?   Cassie: Single ;) hmu   HCE: What would be an ideal date?   READ MORE

Staying in the Loop

By Chloe Hewins
October 3, 2014 - 11:04am

Do you feel totally in tune with life on campus, but a little out of the loop when it comes to what’s going on in the world? It’s easy to get stuck in the Emory bubble and feel way behind on world affairs. As busy college students, we just don’t have time to flip through each section of the newspaper or scroll through CNN online. We need our news now. Here are some of the best and easiest ways to stay in touch with the outside world so you can be in the know.   1.     The Skimm READ MORE