Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Washi Tape Fever!

By Alexandria Lowe
May 9, 2014 - 7:38pm

As the end of the year is approaching, and summer is upon us, everyone is looking for a little more color and fun in their lives. Liven up your room back home and make your journals and agenda a little brighter with Washi Tape! It’s the easiest way to place a pop of color on things you use daily. Plus, it distinguishes your stuff from your friends’.  Put it on your planner or journals like so:     Use it on your phone charger and computer charger so you never lose yours in a sea of Apple products again.  READ MORE

Interview Dressing 101

By Jordan Schechter
May 9, 2014 - 12:37pm

With summer approaching I know there are some of you scrambling to find a last minute internship, but no need to stress…at least about your wardrobe. Dressing for an interview doesn’t have to be boring. There are plenty of ways to incorporate a little bit of you into your corporate attire. READ MORE

Reflections on Freshman Year

By Elyssa Brezel
May 9, 2014 - 6:29am

I never knew a year could pass so quickly. While finals have been on my mind for weeks, actually moving out wasn’t—that is, until I looked at the expiration date of a yogurt cup I found in my mini-fridge. May 10? When this yogurt expired on May 10 I would be finished with finals and freshman year. I just wanted to check that I wasn’t setting myself up for food poisoning—I did not want that unexpected rush of sadness before my last 9 a.m. Calculus class.  READ MORE

Emory University Graduation

By Grace Ashforth
May 9, 2014 - 1:54am

HCE readers, it's that time of year again. Finals are approaching and that means one thing...graduation! For those senior HCE readers, it's probably a bittersweet time - you're ready for summer, but you don't want to leave college either. As a way to bridge the gap between college and adulthood, there are many festivities for all of the seniors ending in the commencement ceremony on May 12th. This year will mark the 169th graduation at Emory University and is sure to be a special day with over 15,000 family, friends, staff, and many others gathering on the quad to celebrate all that the seniors have achieved in there time here! READ MORE

The 5 Shoes You Need Right Now

By Adrianna Arjona
May 8, 2014 - 12:24pm

With finals going on, I start to shop online much more than usual in my efforts to procrastinate. The one accessory that I am currently obsessed with is: SHOES. And let’s face it, who doesn’t love shoes? I’m here to guide you in your need to procrastinate via shoe shopping! Here are the five shoes you need right now: 1. Henry Stacked Heel Sandal – Loeffler Randall Available on Loeffler Randall’s website   $295 2. Nuvorock crystal-embellished suede sandals – Giuseppe Zanotti Available on Net a Porter $695 READ MORE

Your Summer Netflix To-Do List

By Elyssa Brezel
May 7, 2014 - 5:26pm

When finals roll around, it seems the only thing I can think about is what I’ll be doing after finals. I’m currently dreaming about which show on Netflix I’ll fall into bed with next week. Whether you’re just beginning with exams or are on the way to the airport, here are some of Netflix’s top TV shows and movies to put on your to-do list this summer. Mean Girls: Finally, Netflix got with the program and added the most universally loved movie of our generation. Also on Netflix is Mean Girls 2, but seriously do not bother. READ MORE

Ben '15

By Catherine Pilishvili
May 7, 2014 - 2:00pm

Hometown: Atlanta, GA Major: Finance & Consulting Fraternity: Zeta Beta Tau Extracurriculars: TEDxEmory, Ultimate Frisbee Her Campus Emory (HCE): What was the hardest part of junior year? Ben (B): Giving a sh*t. HCE: Any big summer plans? B: I want to learn how to graffiti while I’m working in New York City. HCE: Describe your ideal relationship. READ MORE

Campus Chic: Scout '17

By Danielle Stadler
May 7, 2014 - 12:28pm

Name: Scout Ziegler Year: Freshman Hometown: Huntington, New York Major: Business and French Sorority: Tri Delt   HCE: What is your style mantra? S: Modern Bohemian   HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at? S: Free People, LF, Brandy Melville, Urban Outfitters, Thrift Stores     HCE: What's your go to outfit? S: Dark wash jeans and a white t-shirt   HCE: What is your favoire piece of clothing you own? READ MORE

Shaky Knees Music Festival

By Grace Ashforth
May 7, 2014 - 12:27pm

Another three day music festival is coming to you and this time it's closer than ever! The Shaky Knees Music Fest will be here from May 9-11, so it's a perfect way to celebrate the end of finals and the beginning of a great summer! Some performers include Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Modest Mouse, and Cage the Elephant. Every day, the festival starts at noon and music will begin at 12:30. You can check out the full line up here and purchase tickets here. The festival is sure to provide three days of fun and great music so be sure to check it out! READ MORE
...

Emory Univeristy Commencement 2014

By Megan Rosa
May 7, 2014 - 12:07pm

Dear Emory University Class of 2014, You finally did it. You've completed your GERs, takent he classes for you major, your double major, your minor, and som classes for giggles. You've taken your GRE, MCAT, LSAT and all that's in between. You've applied for jobs, for internships, plans to travel and backpack across the globe, Or you have absolutely no idea what you will be doing and that's ok. READ MORE