Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Maxi Dresses: The New Sweatpants

By Hilleary Gramling
April 15, 2014 - 12:46pm

It’s 8:50am and you have class at 9:00 and there’s no way you’re going to class without at least a little bit of makeup on. Then you think to yourself  “if I do my makeup I won’t have time to pick an outfit… I’ll have to wear sweatpants..”  Right? WRONG. Maxi-dresses are the spring’s sweatpants. They’re slimming, comfortable and trendy, and they just slip right over your head! If you don’t like to wear pants then maxi dresses are for you because technically you’re still not wearing any.   READ MORE

Priyanka Krishnamurthy, Editor-in-Chief of The Emory Wheel

By Amirah Mahdi
April 11, 2014 - 1:54pm

Meet the new Editor-in-Chief of the Emory Wheel, junior Priyanka Krishnamurthy! Every Tuesday and Friday a new copy of the Wheel is distributed in various places across campus, and this girl oversees it all. Aside from running the Wheel Priyanka enjoys, "drinking espresso, writing poetry, reading philosophy, and being an intersectional feminist." The Wheel, an integral part of the Emory community, is Emory's only student-run newspaper. I'm sure being the EIC of such a important facet of Emory takes a lot of hard-work, so read up on Priyanka and how you can get involved with the Wheel!   Her Campus Emory (HCE): How did you get involved with the Wheel? READ MORE

5 Ways to Switch Up Your Look for the Springtime

By Sade Tavangarian
April 11, 2014 - 1:44pm

It is finally spring season, which means say hello to fabulous and goodbye to dark, dreading days. A new season is the best excuse to switch up your look. Here are five pointers to change it up. 1)   Play with different textures. Try pairing harder, rugged, masculine pieces like motorcycle boots with more feminine clothing like softer materials with a floral print. 2)   Experiment with jewelry. Try layering necklaces or stacking rings. This gives a very personal look. READ MORE

April Showers Bring Organic Cosmetics

By Adrianna Arjona
April 11, 2014 - 12:47pm

As spring slowly sets in (and like super slowly…what’s with these random cold, rainy days?? We all want to wear shorts already!), we start to notice all the pretty flowers and realize: OMG, it's April, Earth Month! April 22nd is Earth Day, but the entire month of April is a celebration of our dearest mother Earth. It’s a month to really try to recycle, use less water, and transition into using organic beauty products! Many of us now only eat organic food, but why not also make a complete lifestyle change and include organic products in our beauty regime too? Just as non-organic food is harmful to your body, non-organic beauty products are just the same. READ MORE

T-Pain at Oxford

By Nicole Toback
April 11, 2014 - 12:39pm

Have you ever been curious to venture to Emory’s Oxford campus? Want an opportunity to go? This Saturday, April 12, T-Pain will be performing at Oxford. T-Pain is most well known for his songs “Buy You a Drank (Shawty Snappin’)” and “Bartender.” My personal favorite is “5 O’Clock” featuring former Dooley’s Week guest Wiz Khalifa and Lily Allen. T-Pain has also been instrumental in popularizing Autotune (pun fully intended). This is a super exciting event not only for the amazing concert, but to connect with the larger Emory community. The event is free to Emory students with Emory Cards, and be sure to reserve a spot on Oxford shuttles. Maybe T-Pain will buy me a (nonalcoholic, duh) drank? READ MORE

Underrated in Atlanta

By Elizabeth Sklar
April 11, 2014 - 10:00am

Have you completed the classic Atlanta tourism checklist of Stone Mountain, the Botanical Gardens, and the Aquarium? Here are some new ideas for a fun weekend activity with friends. Zoo Atlanta The Atlanta Aquarium is awesome, but when you’re ready to look at non-marine animals, head to Zoo Atlanta. You can have a classic zoo experience, and even see America’s only twin pandas. Get more information at http://www.zooatlanta.org/ The Atlanta Food Truck Park READ MORE

TedX Emory

By Megan Rosa
April 10, 2014 - 8:24pm

To make up for all those lectures you slept in during class and if you’re looking to gain some knowledge out of the tuition you pay,   Come out to Emory’s TedX this Saturday and listen to speakers spread their ideas. “TEDxEmory is an independently organized TED event at Emory University that strives to re-create the unique experience found at TED, where the world’s leaders, thinkers, and doers congregate to share what they are most passionate about”. READ MORE

Pretty in Pastels

By Nathalie Simon
April 10, 2014 - 12:42pm

It's time for a rainbow of soft springtime shades to reign surpreme throughout the spring 2014 collections. The best thing about the pastel trend is that you can pick your most-flattering color and wear it with whatever silhouette flatters and excites you. From a minty-green board-shorts suit to a sexy-CEO lilac dress to sporty baby blue bombers, the sky's the limit on how pastel you want to get. Get ready to see a ton of pastels everywhere because the "it" shade of the season is one of the biggest spring 2014 fashion trends. The choices are endless in terms of color from pink, purple, green, coral and blue.  READ MORE

Work It Out: Find Your Dream Job this Summer

By Sara Cravatts
April 9, 2014 - 3:00pm

It’s that time of year again- you’re either basking in the glory of your recent job offer or you are sending out cover letters and resumes like your life depends on it. If that frantic scramble is what you’re dealing with, we have some tips and tricks for ways to snatch up that dream summer job or internship. Whether you are looking for a part time retail gig or a full time future career, you just need to know where to look and how to make yourself into the best candidate you can be! To Start: READ MORE

Lady Antebellum Tour

By Grace Ashforth
April 9, 2014 - 12:01pm

Lady Antebellum will be strolling through the Atlanta area this Friday, April 11th. They began their Take Me Downtown Tour in January, and it will be ending in June so if you want to see them, now is the time! Country artists Kip Moore and Kacey Musgraves will be opening for them. The show begins at 7 PM so make sure you show up on time to enjoy the whole performance! Tickets are on sale now and you can purchase them here. Enjoy the show! READ MORE