Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Music Midtown

By Justine Schoenbart
September 17, 2014 - 11:04am

Remember when you came to Emory and promised yourself you’d leave campus and go into Atlanta? Yeah, so do I. Well, even if you haven’t made your trip into Atlanta for any other reason besides going to eat at your favorite brunch spot, this weekend you should Uber your way over to Piedmont Park (or take the Emory Experience Shuttle) because there’s a reason to check out the ATL…and it isn’t the World of Coca-Cola or the Georgia Aquarium. On September 19th and 20th, Music Midtown is celebrating its 15th music festival in Atlanta and featuring a pretty hot lineup. If you’re an Iggy Azalea and Lorde kind of person, you’re in luck—they’ll be there. READ MORE

Street Style Snapshot: NYFW

By Jasmine Tang
September 16, 2014 - 11:45am

Each year, fashion followers like myself eagerly anticipate the arrival of the bi-annual Fashion Weeks in New York, Milan, Paris, and London. While all followers of this fashion haven are excited for the runway shows themselves, street style is an equally, if not more engrossing component. Online publications track everyone from bloggers, to socialites, to the models themselves, allowing viewers around the globe to track the latest trends and see how daring fashionistas style the garments of the designers. READ MORE

#HowRadIsYourPad Room Decorating Contest

By Nicole Toback
September 15, 2014 - 2:48pm

For­ most college students, freshmen year is their first time living away from home. With that being said, it is their first opportunity to decorate their room anyway they please. My room is covered with posters of things I love, Van Gogh’s Starry Night and Jackie Kennedy, and photos of family, friends, and my beloved dog Samson. Emory Residence Life and Housing is hosting #HowRadIsYourPad Room Decorating Contest. All you have to do is send in photos and/or a video of the room you have already decorated! Categories include best overall single, best overall double, most eco-friendly, and most spirited. The contest is from Monday, September 15th to Friday, September 19th, so be sure to submit your photos and videos before then....

Outfit of the Day

By Saher Fatteh
September 15, 2014 - 1:39pm

When trying to deal with the heat but still look trendy, try some scalloped shorts and a boxy t-shirt. Add a pair of strappy sandals to complete the look.  READ MORE

#HOWRADISYOURPAD

By Elizabeth Sklar
September 15, 2014 - 12:04am

One of the most exciting parts of beginning college is decorating your new dorm room. It’s a completely blank slate, ready for you to make it your own. Sometimes we post pictures on Facebook and Instagram to show off our decorating skills, but this week there’s an even better opportunity- Emory Residence Life and Housing is holding a room-decorating contest for first-year students! It’s called #HOWRADISYOURPAD, and you can win great prizes, in addition to the satisfaction of winning, of course. There are many categories, so everyone’s style will fit in somewhere.   Here are the options: ·      Best School Spirit ·      Most Eco Friendly ·      Best Room Overall ·      Most Creative ·      Best Single Room READ...

Co-Presidents of Project Sunshine, Cydney Eisenberg and Celia Greenlaw

By Amirah Mahdi
September 13, 2014 - 1:08pm

Meet the co-presidents of Project Sunshine, Cydney Eisenberg ‘15 and Celia Greenlaw ‘16! When they’re not busy running the organization, you can catch these ladies enjoying yoga and even Pink Barre! Although these girls have tough majors (Biology and NBB), they have come together to run Project Sunshine this year. Let me show you what they have in store for this year and how you can get involved!   Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Project Sunshine? READ MORE

NYFW Spring '15 Roundup

By Jasmine Tang
September 12, 2014 - 1:42pm

The roundups of trends after Fall Fashion Week are able to exclusively predict what girls will be taking home in their shopping bags this coming spring. Last year, Céline’s take on an updated, clean slip-on shoe pretty much ensured that most ladies would be sporting those comfy kicks throughout the next season. Here are my top three trends from Fall 2015 NYFW that I hope will make it into my wardrobe ASAP. All-White Ensembles The old standby of no white after Labor Day is totally outdated at this point. Sure, people wear their white jeans and tees year round, but this year I’m going to wear full white ensembles in modern cuts to keep things fresh. I love the idea of contrasting a structured, moto jacket with loose pants (a la Lubov Azria)....

8 Habits to Break this Semester

By Caitlin Carey
September 12, 2014 - 1:34pm

It happens every year: you start fall semester excited about your classes…then old habits start to kick in, and you don’t deliver on the promises you made yourself. Here are five tips that will make you more productive and (hopefully) take your GPA up a notch.   1. Stop procrastinating. READ MORE

Rain or Shine (and Shine it Does)

By Emily van den Berg
September 11, 2014 - 1:42pm

I’m willing to go out on a limb here and bet that I’m not the only person who’s looked out the window this week and thought “what the hell, Atlanta???” Seriously. Between the crazy heat, the insane humidity and the downright terrifying thunderstorms, I’ve had a hard time getting dressed in the morning. Because how do you look adorable when you’re dripping in sweat, your hair is frizzing out of control and you’re either cowered under an umbrella or soaked to the bone like a wet dog? Admittedly there’s only so much you can do to combat these situations, but hopefully I can help (and then we can all look as fabulous as Cara).  READ MORE

How To Get Over The Sophomore Slump

By Emma Belfer
September 10, 2014 - 1:44pm

According to Wikipedia, a sophomore slump is defined as: An instance in which a second effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort According to Emory girls, a sophomore slump is: The feeling that your epic, life-changing freshman year was just too good to be topped by sophomore year   This notion is followed by a feeling of depression that you’ve died a little inside, you’ve peaked, and your crazy college life is over. Time to become a real person now! It’s that feeling you get when you find out a freshman gets into Maggie’s but you got turned away. (How do you not remember my face? Sorry guys, I’m still a little bitter.)   READ MORE