Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Emory Village: Ali’s Cookies

By Saher Fatteh
October 20, 2014 - 11:20am

In the beginning of this year, Tin Drum Asia Cafe was replaced with Ali's Cookies in the Emory Village.  Ali's offers a massive selection of freshly baked cookies that can be ordered with Starbuck's Coffee or a glass of milk. Definitely worth a visit.    READ MORE

All About Ebola

By Sravya
October 20, 2014 - 11:14am

Ever since the outbreak of the Ebola virus in Africa over the summer, and especially since Emory University has treated a number of infected patients, there have been many questions and rumors about the virus itself and how it spreads. Posts on every form of social media have shown that people might be clueless when it comes to this topic; even Chris Brown has been quoted, claiming “I think this Ebola s**t is just a way of population control.” To help out during this time of confusion, Her Campus is here with some facts from REAL sources, like the CDC. Some History READ MORE

How to Plan Your Parents Weekend

By Chloe Hewins
October 17, 2014 - 11:51am

Parent’s Weekend is coming up, and it's time to start planning!  It is the perfect opportunity to check out places in Atlanta that you’ve never been and experience some cool places with your parents.  If your parents can’t make it down, grab your friends and make this weekend one to remember! From brunches to day trips to sushi, here are some suggestions on places to go and things to eat! 1. Things To Do   READ MORE

Disney Stars Then and Now

By Saphir Shemesh
October 16, 2014 - 11:19am

As we approach the end of midterm season, I thought we could all use a nice break by going down memory lane with some of the classic Disney channel shows to see how some of the actors looked then and now. What were some of your favorite Disney shows growing up? Let us know! Even Stevens Shia LaBeouf Chrisy Carlson Romano Lizzie McGuire    Hilary Duff READ MORE

Street Style Spotlight: Aimee Song

By Jasmine Tang
October 16, 2014 - 11:02am

With fall weather just around the corner, I’ve been looking to several blogs for inspiration for some new fall fashion ideas. Based in Los Angeles, CA, Aimee Song is an interior designer by trade and fashion blogger on the side. This style guru is invited to all of the major shows at various fashion weeks every year, and I frequently read her blog, Song of Style, to keep up with her latest fashion antics. My favorite thing about Aimee’s blog are the daring looks that she puts together. Unlike a carefully curated blog, which features calculated outfits, Aimee’s blog gives a fresh perspective on how to incorporate bold looks into your daily uniform. READ MORE

First Friday

By Justine Schoenbart
October 15, 2014 - 8:55pm

If you’re as sick as I am of replaying the same Spotify playlist while studying for all your midterms, channel your inner Pitch Perfect star (Barton Bellas!) and come attend the second First Friday of the school year and watch Emory’s acapella groups perform! First Friday is an Emory tradition showcasing the talents of some of Emory’s best singers with no instruments but their very own voices the first Friday of every month. Our six a cappella groups — AHANA A Cappella, Aural Pleasure, Chai Tunes, Dooley Noted, No Strings Attached, and The Gathering — will all be performing their original arrangements as well as some classic tunes that you’ll love to hear. READ MORE

Guilherme Laport: Founder of Campus Mio

By Madison Rodman
October 15, 2014 - 2:00pm

Ready to love what you do and do what you love? Meet Guilherme Laport, the founder of Campus Mio! Aside from doing cross fit and being an avid fan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Guilherme is completely dedicated to Campus Mio. Calling this project his “baby,” he explains that he loves the creative learning aspect of Campus Mio, which makes him excited to spend hours working on his project. Guilherme’s advice for all you aspiring students is to find what you are passionate about and pursue it in depth because “when you see people using your service and appreciating it, it is a million times more rewarding than a paycheck you get every two weeks at a company.” Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Campus Mio and what inspired you to create it?...

Your 4 Best Study Partners

By Sravya
October 15, 2014 - 11:31am

Sick of wasting time trying to figure out what to drink while doing your homework? Not to worry. Here are a few insanely tasty drinks that’ll put you in a refreshed mood while you tackle your homework.       1. Mango Iced Tea with Lychee Jelly — Suno Suno bubble tea is downright delicious—definitely a great move when you’re in the mood for something on the colder side! This is the tastiest, lightest, and most addicting drink ever without the caffeine.       2. Iced Caramel Latte — Dunkin Donuts READ MORE

Cami '15

By Dumebi Egbuna
October 15, 2014 - 11:00am

Year: Senior Hometown: Philadelphia, PA Majors: Biology, and Anthropology and Human Biology Extracurriculars: Cancerquest, Volunteer at Winship Cancer Institute, Member of Feminists in Action, Tridelta recruitment officer   HCE: Describe yourself in three words: Cami: I’m not great at talking about myself so this is awkward, but I guess I could say I’m loving, inquisitive, and silly   HCE: Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? READ MORE

Fall Footwear

By Rhea Mody
October 14, 2014 - 11:29am

Lately, with the fluctuating temperatures in ATL, my weather app has been the most used on my phone. In the morning it can drop into the 50’s and during the day it can hit the 80’s, and then at night it gets cool again. My advice: pack a pair of cute flip-flops that you can throw on in the afternoon heat! Now that summer has officially come to an end, though, I have been moving away from sandals and open toed shoes to closed toed ones. Personally, I get bored of wearing the same style, so a season change is a perfect excuse to go on a shoe-shopping spree! READ MORE