Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

How To Have Chipotle For Breakfast

By Amy Houchin
September 26, 2014 - 11:40am

Have a Chipotle burrito bowl from last night in your fridge, but don’t really want the same meal two days in a row? How about a burrito in a soggy tortilla you don’t know what to do with? Well, worry no more! Here’s a simple way to transform some of the most popular items on Chipotle’s menu into a quick and easy breakfast omelet! Ingredients: Your favorite Chipotle meal (burrito bowl, burrito minus the tortilla, salad, etc.) 2-3 Eggs (depends on how hungry you are) Salt and Pepper Non-stick spray or butter READ MORE

New Spanx Denim at Fab'rik in Emory Point

By Stephanie Loutsenko
September 26, 2014 - 11:32am

This past week I was lucky enough to attend a bloggers party at Fab'rik Emory Point. The owner of the store organized the event so that we could preview the newest denim line, by Spanx. Originally, I have to admit I was a little apprehensive about going. After all, Spanx is the frontrunner in shape-wear, and I had no idea how that would translate to denim! READ MORE

Fall Trend Watch

By Christine Crais
September 25, 2014 - 11:45am

Burgundy Burgundy is a huge trend this coming fall. The color looks perfect with a pair of dark olive skinny jeans and a white, chunky knit sweater. Burgundy leather skirts are also becoming a huge trend. If you are like me and opt for an ensemble of all black in the colder months, try wearing a burgundy infinity scarf to lighten up your outfit.  My all-time favorite burgundy piece this fall is by far Rebecca Minkoff’s MAC/Mini MAC bag. While the bags are stylish and versatile, this color allows the purse to truly be noticed. READ MORE

Captain of TNT, James La Russa

By Amirah Mahdi
September 25, 2014 - 11:25am

If you were at Best in Show this year then I'm sure you were enticed by TNT's performance, and it was probably due to this week's campus celeb's performance... Meet the captain of TNT, James La Russa! This dancer has a diverse background (ballet and hip-hop) all while juggling being pre-vet. Check out when you can see TNT's performances this semester and how you can have the opportunity to dance with these guys at special workshops!   Her Campus Emory (HCE): When did you start dancing? James La Russa (JL): I started dancing when I was 3 at a small studio in South Georgia, training primarily in ballet. I continued to dance ballet professionally in college, but began dancing hip-hop as well. READ MORE...

Fall Outfit Snap

By Rabia Malik
September 24, 2014 - 6:36pm

Now that temperatures in Atlanta have dropped so suddenly (anybody else remember wearing tanks and high-waisted shorts at the Sugar Ray concert this weekend?), it's time to start pulling out your scarves and boots! Here's a quick snap of a cute fall outfit you can rock this season.  Dress - Madewell Scarf - aerie by American Eagle Shawl - New Look UK Belt - Pinky Otto Frilly Socks - Topshop UK Wedge Booties - Tom's READ MORE

5 Realizations Every Freshman Comes to in Her First Month of College

By Justine Schoenbart
September 24, 2014 - 11:36am

In the past month that we’ve been here, we’ve learned that an hour and fifteen minutes is a really, really long time to sit in a class. We have also learned that college papers certainly do not write themselves... But outside of our schoolwork, we’ve definitely managed to learn a little about Emory life itself. Here are just a few things that every freshman has discovered in these first four weeks: 1.     The Freshman 15 is SO Real READ MORE

Malkese 17'

By Dumebi Egbuna
September 24, 2014 - 11:29am

Year: Sophomore Hometown: Bronx, NY Major: Political Science Major, Media Studies Minor Extracurricular: Men Stopping Violence, Freedom University, Intermural Basketball   HCE: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Malkese: Masters Degree in Education, trying to change educational policy in urban schools.   HCE: Describe yourself in three words: Malkese: Shy, Smart, Dedicated   READ MORE

Aeropostale In-Store Shopping Party

By Justine Schoenbart
September 24, 2014 - 12:03am

As much as I’d love to go to Lenox Mall with my friends every Saturday after I find myself outfit-less on Thursday and Friday nights, I’m often forced to face the sad reality that I can’t.  Yes, I’m a a college student, and, yes, that means I’m on a budget. As a result, my “shopping” trips to the mall usually translate into window shopping trips, which means that the next week, I still find myself with absolutely nothing to wear. Luckily for me, this Friday, September 26th, Her Campus is partnering with Aéropostale for an in-store shopping event where not only will they be featuring clothing from their new lines (Aero Now, and Live Love Dream), but they’ll also be giving us 30% off with an invite coupon!...

The Ray Rice Scandal: Is Winning a Game More Important than Taking a Stand on Domestic Violence?

By Katherine Lerner
September 23, 2014 - 1:42pm

Is winning a game more important than taking a stand on domestic violence?  It shouldn’t be, but that doesn’t seem to be what the NFL believed. For those of you who do not know what is going on with the Ray Rice scandal, here are the basics.  Ray Rice is a 27-year-old star running back for the Baltimore Ravens, who just had his contract terminated and is indefinitely suspended from the NFL because of domestic violence controversy.  However, there is a lot more to the story. The unraveling of the scandal is revealing a serious indifference toward domestic violence on behalf of the NFL.  READ MORE

Sunnie Days

By Adrianna Arjona
September 22, 2014 - 1:58pm

The season of summer is coming to a close (sigh...), and we all wish we could wear crop tops and shorts year round. But sadly that outfit isn’t fitting for Atlanta’s soon approaching cool weather. Just because it may be getting cooler though, does not mean you can forgo adding a great pair of sunglasses to your fall outfit. Here are a few great pairs of sunnies to ease you into that fall weather state of mind: BRIGHT: READ MORE