Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Fashionspiration

By Jillian Taub
October 22, 2014 - 11:55am

A little fashionspiration to get you through the week: READ MORE

Maria '16

By Dumebi Egbuna
October 22, 2014 - 11:53am

Year: Junior
Hometown: Nyack, New York
Major: Accounting & Consulting
Extracurriculars: Tridelt, Sorority & Fraternity Life Review Board, BBA Honor Council, and BBA Communications Coach

HCE: Celebrity crush? Maria: Chris Pratt.. Vince Vaughn.. Drake
HCE: Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? Maria: Working at a Big 4 firm, settling down in a cool city, and still having a lot of fun
HCE: Relationship status? Maria: Single
HCE: What's your biggest turn on/ turn off? READ MORE

Taste of Atlanta 2014

By Rabia Malik
October 22, 2014 - 11:13am

Can't wait for Dooley's Week Taste of Emory? Well, you're in luck because this coming weekend, Taste of Atlanta hits Midtown's Tech Square! There will be more than 90 restaurants participating, allowing you to sample all sorts of tasty dishes from hidden gems and big-time restaurant names around Atlanta. Additionally, stop by one of the four cooking stages throughout the weekend and learn how to make some delicious meals yourself, from authentic French crepes to traditional jambalaya. It's sure to be an incredible event packed with amazing food, so get your tickets now!   ...

How to Wear Over the Knee Socks

By Olivia Selwitz
October 21, 2014 - 11:21am

The best clothing items are the items that you can transition in between seasons.  Your favorite summer skirts can easily become winter appropriate with a little help from one of this season’s biggest trends, over the knee socks.  To avoid looking like a schoolgirl, here are some ways you can easily incorporate the socks into your look:  1. Wear with boots READ MORE

Safe Smart Dating with SDT and ZBT

By Nicole Toback
October 21, 2014 - 11:17am

Dating and relationships are an integral part of college and young adult life. However, there are increasingly more instances of sexual assault and dating abuse. Sigma Delta Tau and Zeta Beta Tau are partnering along with JWI to present Safe Smart Dating, the first national program on dating abuse and sexual assault from the Greek community on college campuses. Trained peer facilitators will lead conversations on topics such as alcohol and sexual assault, victim-blaming, and the unique dynamics of abusive relationships on college campuses. Safe Smart Dating is secular, LGBT friendly, engages men as allies, and is open to ALL students. Additionally, dinner will be provided. READ MORE

Tridelta Fat Talk Free Week

By Emory Contributor
October 20, 2014 - 11:14pm

Tridelta is celebrating Fat Talk Free Week this Monday through Friday. All sisters of Delta Delta Delta have pledged to eliminate negative "fat talk" from their conversations, and encourage you to, as well! Join us on Wonderful Wednesday to make your pledge to be fat talk free. #EndFatTalk   READ MORE

Emory Village: Ali’s Cookies

By Saher Fatteh
October 20, 2014 - 11:20am

In the beginning of this year, Tin Drum Asia Cafe was replaced with Ali's Cookies in the Emory Village.  Ali's offers a massive selection of freshly baked cookies that can be ordered with Starbuck's Coffee or a glass of milk. Definitely worth a visit.    READ MORE

All About Ebola

By Sravya
October 20, 2014 - 11:14am

Ever since the outbreak of the Ebola virus in Africa over the summer, and especially since Emory University has treated a number of infected patients, there have been many questions and rumors about the virus itself and how it spreads. Posts on every form of social media have shown that people might be clueless when it comes to this topic; even Chris Brown has been quoted, claiming “I think this Ebola s**t is just a way of population control.” To help out during this time of confusion, Her Campus is here with some facts from REAL sources, like the CDC. Some History READ MORE

How to Plan Your Parents Weekend

By Chloe Hewins
October 17, 2014 - 11:51am

Parent’s Weekend is coming up, and it's time to start planning!  It is the perfect opportunity to check out places in Atlanta that you’ve never been and experience some cool places with your parents.  If your parents can’t make it down, grab your friends and make this weekend one to remember! From brunches to day trips to sushi, here are some suggestions on places to go and things to eat! 1. Things To Do   READ MORE

Disney Stars Then and Now

By Saphir Shemesh
October 16, 2014 - 11:19am

As we approach the end of midterm season, I thought we could all use a nice break by going down memory lane with some of the classic Disney channel shows to see how some of the actors looked then and now. What were some of your favorite Disney shows growing up? Let us know! Even Stevens Shia LaBeouf Chrisy Carlson Romano Lizzie McGuire    Hilary Duff READ MORE