Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emory Archives

Shaky Knees Music Festival

By Grace Ashforth
May 7, 2014 - 12:27pm

Another three day music festival is coming to you and this time it's closer than ever! The Shaky Knees Music Fest will be here from May 9-11, so it's a perfect way to celebrate the end of finals and the beginning of a great summer! Some performers include Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Modest Mouse, and Cage the Elephant. Every day, the festival starts at noon and music will begin at 12:30. You can check out the full line up here and purchase tickets here. The festival is sure to provide three days of fun and great music so be sure to check it out! READ MORE
...

Emory Univeristy Commencement 2014

By Megan Rosa
May 7, 2014 - 12:07pm

Dear Emory University Class of 2014, You finally did it. You've completed your GERs, takent he classes for you major, your double major, your minor, and som classes for giggles. You've taken your GRE, MCAT, LSAT and all that's in between. You've applied for jobs, for internships, plans to travel and backpack across the globe, Or you have absolutely no idea what you will be doing and that's ok. READ MORE

Ali and Morgan (both '16), Creators of Emory's Spoon University

By Hannah Kramer
May 7, 2014 - 8:35am

Ever wondered what the healthiest meals around campus are? The coolest new restaurant for your birthday dinner or where to find the best sushi roll? Check out Spoon University, created by Her Campus Emory’s own Ali and Morgan, both sophomores.      Her Campus Emory (HCE): What is Spoon University? READ MORE

How to Avoid Move Out Madness

By Caitlin Carey
May 7, 2014 - 7:24am

We’ve all been there: you’ve been busy studying all week, and it’s finally over. You made it through your last exam and the transition from school to summer begins! Then your heart sinks as you realize… you have so much to do before you leave. Your room isn’t packed up, you have so many friends to say goodbye to, and you have to do all of this in the 24 hours you have before officially leaving campus for the summer. However, this process is not inevitable. There are simple ways to avoid the stress associated with move out, so here are a few to get you started. Clean your room READ MORE

The Stages of Summer Packing

By Saphir Shemesh
May 6, 2014 - 5:25pm

Exams are almost all over, underclassmen are getting kicked out of on-campus housing Thursday, and seniors are trying to figure out what to do with all of the stuff they have accumulated over the past four years (while being in denial of graduation). It's time to get packing! Too bad that's not so easy; here are the emotional stages. Here we go. I can do this!      Why do I have so much stuff?   I am a hoarder.   READ MORE

Mock Birkenstocks

By Hilleary Gramling
May 6, 2014 - 12:01pm

Hot weather has finally arrived here in Atlanta, and it better stick around because I have already packed away all my cold weather clothes – and purchased one of my favorite up and coming trends, Mock Birkenstocks.  LOL. Yes, I came up with that term (can you tell I’m procrastinating?) but these shoes are also known as “man-dals” which is also quite fitting, but I can’t take credit for coining.   READ MORE

Bathing Suit Essentials

By Danielle Stadler
May 5, 2014 - 12:35pm

Summer is just around the corner, which means it's almost time to trade in your library sweats for bathing suits!      Here are some examples of bathing suits that would rock for summer:     This structured plain grey bathing suit is an example of a staple. Every girl should have a basic in her closet! Also, it has padding, but if you don't need any help you can take the pads out! Wear this bathing suit under a cover-up or with a pair of jean shorts and a tank, and you will be set for the beach!   READ MORE

Campus Chic: Isabel '17

By Danielle Stadler
May 5, 2014 - 1:39am

Name: Isabel Eliana Tsesarsky Year: Freshman  Hometown: New York City  Major: Jewish Studies  Sorority: SDT   HCE: What is your style mantra: I: I have two. "A woman with good shoes is never ugly" - Coco Channel, and sunglasses aren't only for the sun.   HCE: What are your favorite stores to shop at? I: Does the internet count?   HCE: What is your favorite piece of clothing you own? I: White tank top   HCE: What is your go to outfit? READ MORE

Fiesta Atlanta

By Grace Ashforth
May 5, 2014 - 1:28am

Fiesta Atlanta will be gathering on Sunday, May 4th for the 8th year in a row! This party lasts from noon to 7 PM, and there are a ton of events to participate in! For those who don't know, it is a Hispanic outdoor festival, in addition to being the largest Cinco de Mayo celebration in the southeast. What could be better? It is truly a cultural celebration with live musical perfoamnces. There is also a 5k race as well as soccer clinics and Mexican folk dancing. They will have free goodies including food, arts and crafts, and product samples. If you want an authentic Cinco de Mayo celebration, you should come out to Centennial Olympic Park and celebrate with thousands of others! It's a free event so you can come and go as you please!   ...

The Most Comfortable Shorts

By Shaye Cooper
May 2, 2014 - 1:35pm

With the last day of classes right around the corner, summer is finally so close! The weather the past couple of weeks has been wonderful and shorts season is officially here. This much anticipated time of the year has so many perks. This summer my favorite trend is shorts that give you plenty of breathing room. Comfort is always a key component of my daily wardrobe so I highly recommend trying to ditch the traditional skin-tight jean shorts and try flowy shorts. From floral patterns to simple solids, shorts this season have it all. These shorts are so versatile and can be worn during the day or even be paired with heels at night. From classy to flirty to trendy, flowy shorts have so much potential to spice up any wardrobe....