4 Tips for Making the Most of Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

As the last few weeks of school before finals roll around, we are all looking forward to a few things: friends and family, Thanksgiving food and festivities, and the overall cozy feeling of home. But some of us, including myself, often forget about the holiday that comes the day after the food-coma — Black Friday! Below are some of the most promising recommendations for how to make the most of your Black Friday!

1. Go with friends!

Everything is more fun when you’re not alone. So, convince even the laziest of your friends to get up early in the morning with you to shop. Stop at your favorite coffee shop as soon as it opens, and make a day-trip out of it. You can even spread out throughout the mall and text each other throughout the day to compare deals at different stores.

Photo via Better Way Moms

1. Compare prices.

It may feel easy to buy something you like at the first store you’re in, but make sure you do your research about all the different stores’ deals. It’s very likely that the next store you’re planning on going to will have a very similar item — and for an even better deal. Basically, be strategic. On this holiday more than any other, make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.

Photo found here.

1. Go to bed early the night before.

Fight off your food coma as early as you can. As soon as your Thanksgiving festivities are over, get in bed! The earlier you go to sleep, the easier it will be to get out of bed the next morning and hit the stores. Encourage your friends to do the same so that you’re all feeling ready to shop in the morning!

Photo via Meme Center

1. Remember that Cyber Monday is just around the corner.

This one is easy to forget, too. I know I always forget about Cyber Monday. Make sure you make yourself aware of this year’s Cyber Monday deals before you embark on Friday’s shopping adventure. A lot of the time, you’ll find that some of the better deals are online, so make sure you are strategic in this sense as well.

Photo via The Daily Chronic

With these recommendations, hopefully you can make the most of your 2017 Black Friday. Remember, like all holidays, this one only comes once a year, so enjoy it. Happy shopping!

Sophomore at Emory studying business
Her Campus at Emory University