ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Boston Graduation Wish List: Locally Women Owned Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

With graduation right around the corner, you’re probably doing one of two things: having an anxiety attack because of everything that is due in two weeks, or on a time crunch to figure out what the heck you’re doing post-graduation.

Have no fear, even though I can’t help you do your senior thesis, I can suggest a few gifts you should ask for graduation. These will not only give you something to look forward to, but will also be useful as you embark on your new journey to adulthood. The best part? All these gifts are locally crafted and made by woman in Boston!

Girl power continues.

1. Brand: Porcelain and Stone

Owner: Kimberly Huestis

Product: 22k Gold Dipped Buoy Charm Necklace

Price: $80.00 Owner and designer Kimberly is based out of Somerville, MA, where she handcrafts her porcelain jewelry that is inspired by the coast. Her collections offer the perfect minimalist but chic accessory to your interview ensemble!

2. Brand: Albertine Press

Owner: Shelley Barandes

Product: Bundle of 5 Thank You Cards

Price: $20.00

Owner and designer Shelley has a storefront in Cambridge, MA, but has filled the shelves with her unique letterpress stationery at stores, museums, and institutes all over the country. Whether you want to give your favorite professor a special “Thank You” card or just want to have nice “adult” stationary, Albertine Press is sure to fulfill your wishes.

3. Brand: Thorn + Bloom

Owner: Jennifer Botto

Product: Discovery Set: Discovery Set: 5 Perfume Sampler

Price: $50.00

Founder and Perfumer Jennifer blends small batches of perfumes by hand out of Charlestown, MA. In this sampler, you choose 5 of 9 signature scents from 100% botanical aromatics, such as Essential Oils, Absolutes, CO2 Extracts and Tinctures in a base of triple-filtered USDA Organic Grape Alcohol. Smell good on your first day of the new job or maybe your first “adult” blind date – smell to impress ;) !

4. Brand: Cynthia K Salon

Owner: Cynthia Kenefick

Product: Hair and Nail Services

Price: Prices Ranging from $40-$320 (depending on services, also offers extensions starting at $575) Courtesy of Cynthia K Salon Instagram

Owner and Designer Master Stylist Cynthia, along with her team of expert stylists, are located right on Newbury Street in Boston! They specialize in Oway’s Organic Hair Color System and bring the latest styles to their clients. Ask for a gift certificate for graduation and get a new ‘do for your new chapter in life!

5. Brand: Brown & Coconut

Owners: Letisha & Zeena Brown

Product: Skin Therapy Beauty Box

Price: $50.00 Co-Founders and sisters Zeena and Letisha are based out of Boston, and have crafted together all nature skin-care products to help restore and rejuvenate every skin type. This set comes with their 100% plant-based, non-GMO Hibiscus Cleansing Grains, Healing Kale Mask, and a cute little handmade clay bowl to mix the scrubs in. After you throw in the towel to your undergrad years, at least do your skin a favor and give it some much needed therapy.

Jamie is a senior Communication & Media Studies major with a minor in Graphic Design at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently she is concentrating her studies in PR and digital media. She serves as the PR Director for the HerCampus Emmanuel chapter.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.