etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Worst Things About Being Single During the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

If you’re like me (perpetually single), you know that the holidays, as wonderful as they are, can be kinda rough. It always seems like during cuffing season people just rub it in. I mean, it isn’t all bad obviously. Less gifts to buy, less planning, a journey of self discovery and what not, but that’s not what this post is about. Let’s commiserate.

1. “Anyone special in your life?”- Every relative ever

Looking at you Aunt Karen (I don’t have an Aunt Karen but you know what I mean). No, there is no one special in my life. Can I eat my mashed potatoes in peace?

2. All. The. Instagram. Posts.

Every couple that takes cute pictures of themselves in the snow, or with Santa, or at La Salette can be too much to handle sometimes. Stop being adorable it’s gross.

3. No one to binge watch shows with

This isn’t entirely true because my mom and I can watch Criminal Minds like nobody’s business.

4. Seeing a cute DIY gift and wishing you had someone to make it for

I’d love to make a cupcake bouquet or a homemade lovey dovey scratch ticket, but alas, my friends don’t seem to want them.

5. Having no one to snuggle with on cold days

Unless you count my dog, in that case I have the best cuddle buddy in the world.

6. Feeling down “What is it about me that people don’t like?” “It must be me?” Though these thoughts are silly, they happen when you see seemingly everyone else around you cozying up by the fire.

7. Seeing old crushes over break and going “man, what if?”

Then remembering it’s probably for the best.

Okay, sadness over. Go out there and slay, with or without a partner. You’re great just the way you are.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Victoria Dias

Emmanuel '20

Theater and Communications Major. Dog Lover. Amateur Writer. 
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.