This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Well, it’s that time of year again, folks! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and it’s a whopping 78 degrees! You know what that means… it’s time to open EC Beach! Now, if you’re a freshman, you may have heard these two magic words here and there, mumbled under the breath of a bitterly frozen underclassman, or spoken reminiscently between two sophomores. But what exactly is EC Beach? Well, I suppose you’ll just have to continue reading to find out…

EC Beach is a lovely little social gathering among the Emmanuel community where students and professors alike gather on the quad to bask in the sunlight on a beautiful spring day. Many students bring beach towels or blankets, others bring footballs and frisbees. You can find people enjoying their southwest paninis at the picnic tables, or sunbathing on the miniature grassy knoll. But most of us go out to study in the sun, because who doesn’t love to pretend to be productive every once in awhile? Besides, if you’re wearing your sunglasses, will anyone really notice that you’re actually napping? Who cares! You deserve to enjoy the EC Beach in whatever way suits your fancy.

After a long cold winter, there really is nothing more satisfying than sitting out on the quad amongst all of your fellow EC students and enjoying a beautiful day together. So how do you make the most of EC Beach? Grab a couple of your best friends, a few blankets, some yummy snacks, and head on out to claim a prime spot in the sun or in the shade! Be productive, or be social; no one will judge! Take a little time this semester as finals roll around to do something for yourself. If you’re looking for a little R&R, EC Beach is the place to do it! And if you and your crew decide to take some prime pics, don’t forget to tag HCEmmanuel, or use the hashtag #HCEsignsofspring, to be featured on our chapter’s insta! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Just a baby Bostonian making my way through life as festive as possible! Emmanuel Collegiette '19 Her Campus Chapter Management Intern '17 HCE Director of Community & Philanthropy Outreach '16 & '17
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.