Things to Do in Boston on Valentine’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Are you still not sure what to do on Valentine’s Day? Whether you are planning to spend the day with a significant other, or are spending the day with your best friends, here are some of our favorite ideas of what to do around Boston while enjoying being with the people you love.

Things to Do:

Ice Skating

Where: The Boston Common Frog Pond

When: 10:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.

This is something you can do with a group of friends, or with a special someone! Admission is $6.00 and skate rentals are $12.00.

Paint Class

Where: Paint Corner Art Bar, Cambridge

When: 1:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

Everyone seems to be enjoying paint nights lately, so why not do one on Valentine’s Day! The Paint Corner Art Bar is offering Valentine’s Day themed paint classes for $35. A spot in either class can be reserved online.

Places to Go:

Faneuil Hall

There are so many things to do at Faneuil Hall, you’re sure to have a good day if you spend it here. Go out to eat, do a little shopping (because who says you can’t show yourself a little love on Valentine’s Day) and be sure to enjoy the Valentine’s Day themed twinkling lights among the trees outside.

Museum of Fine Arts

This is a great place to go if you and your friends or significant other enjoy relaxing and appreciating art. Bonus: admittance to the MFA is always free with a student I.D.!

People to See:

Pippin

Where: Boston Opera House

When: 1:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

For the musical theater fans out there, Valentine’s Day is the last day that the National Tour of Pippin will be in Boston! Tickets can be purchased ahead of time, but if you are willing to take the chance, Boston Opera House offers a great student discount. Two hours before the show, Student Rush tickets are available at the Boston Opera House Box office. They are $25 with a student I.D., and only one ticket is permitted per I.D. They provide the best available seats at the time of purchase.

Disney On Ice: 100 Years of Magic

Where: TD Garden

When: 11:00 a.m., 3:00 p.m., and 7:00 p.m.

If you have a group of Disney-loving friends, this would be a great idea! Student tickets aren’t available, but group rates are, so get as many people together as you can!

Improv Boston Presents: Thorns

Where: Improv Boston

When: 8:00 p.m.

If you’re feeling a little bit down about Valentine’s Day this year, this may be the show for you! This Valentine’s Day themed show is full of improvisation, storytelling, stand-up comedy, and songs that will have you laughing about the hilarity of heartbreak, and the fun to be found in falling in love. Student tickets are just $14, and can be purchased half an hour before the show at Improv Boston. Not willing to risk not getting a seat? Tickets can be purchased online for $18.

Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.