This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

*Kristen Bell Voice* Hello, Fenway-area Bostonians, Thanksgiving time is here. With chilly nights approaching, and leaves covering the once green grass, the most beloved American holiday is upon us. So, make sure your table is set to perfection, and your turkey is in the oven because this Thanksgiving is going to be one for the books. Without further ado, this is how your Thanksgiving will pan out:

Waking up and getting ready for your favorite day of the year. Nobody can drag you down.

Except that mid-morning realization when you remember you’ll have to see your entire family soon.

People are beginning to arrive, and it’s time to get amped for family touch football. Time to start the smack talk.

Football is finished, and awkward small talk with your relatives who you haven’t seen in six months ensues.

Everyone asks the same questions, and your responses never change. It’s always the classic: college is great, I probably won’t be able to find a job after graduation, and I’m not ready for the real world. Are you trying to give me an anxiety attack?

But all of the small talk is worth it when you see your little cousins. Aw, I remember when you were just a baby!

Dinner begins, and you’re praying that no one attempts to talk to you. I would just like to be alone with my food, thanks.

Giving death glares to your aunt who took the last baked potato. Are you kidding me?

Someone is always going to complain about the food, and say that they can cook sweet potatoes so much better. It’s as traditional as the cranberry sauce.

Hooray! Dinner is finally over, and it’s time for dessert. Bring on the pie!

Realizing you don’t need a third slice of pumpkin pie, but yearning for it anyways.

Finally, everyone leaves and you can finally change into your sweatpants. Now, where’s that leftover pie?

I hope your Thanksgiving is as beautiful as Blair’s closet, and tastes as good as Rufus’ waffles.

You know you love me, XOXO…

Betsy Roy

Emmanuel

Betsy is a senior at Emmanuel College studying secondary education and history, and is the chapter's Social Media Director. Believing she'll pen the next Great American Novel, Betsy enjoys: art museums, long walks on the beach, and napping in front of fireplaces.
Her Campus Emmanuel