Tech Week in Performing Arts, As Explained By Theater GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

When you love your castmates but could really go for a nap.

When you have to put academics on the backburner.

When the director stops a number.

When you are not completely off book.

When you remember the show is going to be adjudicated.

When you make the costume work.

When the director starts revamping the entire show.

When you have to redo a number but your body won’t comply.

When opening night is suddenly tomorrow.

When everyone is on the same page at last.

When even curtain call finally comes together.

Somehow, despite the insanity that is tech week and all the hair curling and tea drinking involved, we always have fun making something extraordinary.

Go forth and enjoy live theatre!

Emily is a senior *gulps* at Emmanuel College with a great passion for psychology, writing, and theatre. She loves animals, movies, museums, and smiling. Bukowski is her favorite poet, and she identifies with Tina Belcher on a very strong spiritual level. 
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.