This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Seriously, Netflix?

What do you think you are doing by getting rid of such iconic TV shows and movies? I get it, you need more room for the journey of the new Netflix originals TV shows you are about to embark on. But, your glamorous new movies with fresh young faces will never compare to the classics like One Tree Hill, Friday Night Lights, and (this one really confused me) American Horror Story! What?! How?! Why?!

Not only are you taking away the shows that defined my childhood and so many others, but you are erasing the history of current, rising to fame television series, American Horror Story. Now, how will anyone ever know how Evan Peters first made his claim to fame when he debuted as our horror heartthrob, Tate Langdon? How will anyone recognize the subtle hints that have been thrown into the current season, “Cult”, from the previous seasons if there’s no access to them? How can you just erase history like this? Netflix, how can you take these shows that have shaped our lives and just throw them away?

What will I do if I can’t justify my own spending habits with One Tree Hill Brooke Davis’ shopping addiction? What epic romance will I look up to if I can no longer envy the love that is Naley? Where will I get my minor sport fix in if I can’t watch a Friday Night LIghts Panther’s football game? How will I cope with ongoing family drama if I can’t take all my anger out on Dan Scott? What southern belle would I aspire to be if Lyla Garrity no longer existed? Who will I strive to be if I can no longer watch my role models like Peyton Sawyer and Hayley James Scott? And, what would a good TV show be without some eye candy that go by the names of Lucas Scott, Nathan Scott, and Tim Riggens? Am I right, ladies? Netflix, what are you doing to us?

I pay for you, Netflix. How can you take my money and take away the TV shows I’ve loved since the age of 10? You’ve disappointed me, Netflix, and after October 1st, I don’t know if I will be able to forgive you.

Sincerely,

An avid binge watcher

Tatum Fales

Emmanuel '20

I am a senior at Emmanuel College with a major in Communication and Media Studies. My hobbies include writing, listening to music, yoga, and binge watching all things reality TV.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.