Meet “Big Man on Campus” Cutie: Wojciech Kopacz (’17)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Our next featured Big Man on Campus nominee is junior Wojciech Kopacz. He’s a total Campus Cutie who plays on the soccer team and cares about giving back through EC Dance Marathon, our annual fundraiser for Boston Children’s Hospital. Read on to learn more about this B.M.O.C. nominee!

Hometown: Stalowa Wola, Poland

Major: Graphic Design

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

HC: First off, tell us where you are from!

WK: I was actually born in Poland and moved to the United States with my family when I was five years old. We lived in New Jersey and I went on to attend boarding school in Connecticut. Now I am here in Boston at Emmanuel!

HC: So, we know that you are quite involved around here, seeing as you are nominated for Big Man on Campus. Tell us a little bit about that and who nominated you.

WK: I was nominated by Dance Marathon, which is something I have been involved in the last couple of years. I was really proud to be nominated for this, even though I’m the only guy that sits on the Exec Board. [Dance Marathon] is a really great way to give back [to the community] and is so much fun. I hope to see Her Campus have a team this year!

HC: We plan to! What other things are you involved in?

WK: I play on the soccer team, too. I have been playing soccer since I was five years old and it makes me really happy. It is an awesome escape to have. Last year, I was involved in a little bit more on campus. But this year is big for me, so I really have been working hard academically and dedicating the rest of my time to the things that mean the most to me.

HC: That ‘s super admirable; we love your ambition! Could you tell us who or what makes you happy?

WK: [blushes] Wow, that is a really good question. I would have to say soccer and my friends. Often times, those are intertwined, but I love to have fun and, when need be, de-stress with a good game of soccer!

HC: Love it! What are the top three things you look for in a lady?

WK: Ugh, another hard question! I’d have to say a good sense of humor because I have some pretty bad jokes! I like girls who are interested in athletics, since soccer is a huge part of my life and I love being outdoors! Lastly, I’d really like someone that is easy to talk to. I want to be able have those silly conversations about anything and just talk, you know?

HC: Yes, we totally know and hope you’re taking applicants for said lady! Are there any goals you have for yourself this year?

WK: I really want to succeed academically. That is such a priority for me and I truly am willing to do the work. Hopefully that will lead to an upcoming internship!

HC: Talk about motivation! Finally, what is something you live by? Maybe a life motto?

WK: Take a risk. I was always the shy one when I was younger, but I have learned along the way that it is best to take chances in life!

What an amazing guy! We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and we’ll be rooting for you in the competition, Wojciech!

I am a junior at Emmanuel College in Boston, MA. studying English Communications and Media Studies with a minor in Religious Studies. My passions include traveling, writing, reading, fashion and blogging! I enjoy being around friends and family and believe that the best medicine is laughter!
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.