Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

From the beginning of this movie trilogy to the finale, I have feelings on it that span far and wide.  They are all different in their own ways. The first movie honestly made me sick to my stomach. I could not believe that someone could actually willingly sign themselves up to be a sex slave. And as luck would have it, I still feel that way. But, the next two movies, especially the last one, have changed my view of this trilogy completely. Once you get past Jamie Dornan’s wildly good exterior (let’s be real, who actually gets past it?), we get into his dark and mysterious, but ever so kind interior. He constantly surprises us with his beauty and strength, especially when he is featured in bed. In the third movie he finally breaks from his demanding and controlling role and steps into a sweeter, more romantic Christian Grey.

As he falls more and more for Anastasia, he increasingly flatters her every move. And let’s not forget about those naughty sex scenes between the two lead actors. But instead of the scary masochistic scenes we are used to, the scenes have more of an emotional element that make the relationship between Ana and Christian more appealing. This movie also contains more of a plot than the last two, with violence, parties and side plots galore. There is more to the story than just the two lovebirds. And let’s not forget the part where Christian Grey not only plays the piano, but sings “Maybe I’m Amazed”. Could he get any hotter? Although this movie’s plot was basic and all around cinematically unimpressive, the draw was still there. It was easy to watch and had its fair share of sexy scenes which, let’s be honest, were the reasons we went to see it!

Meghan McKnight

Emmanuel '20

Meghan McKnight is a junior at Emmanuel College and is the Editor in Chief in Emmanuel's Her Campus chapter.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.