This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Five years ago I was diagnosed with celiac disease, and one of the saddest parts was that I didn’t know if I would ever be able to eat out again. For anyone who doesn’t know, you can’t eat gluten if you have celiac disease (including crumbs of gluten, or lots of forms of cross contamination). If you don’t know what gluten is, just think of your favorite, most amazing tasting thing, it definitely has gluten. I get a serious reaction when I eat gluten, so I have been working for the past three years to find the best safest places to eat.

Sweet Cheeks BBQ (Fenway)

Okay, so this place is really expensive– I only go when my grandparents are visiting and willing to pay. Besides the biscuits, most of the menu can be made gluten free. Just let the servers know and they will take good care of you!

Georgetown Cupcakes (Newbury Street)

Everyday, Georgetown Cupcakes has a gluten free option for the cupcakes. They keep the gluten free ones on the top shelf, so there’s no need to worry about crumbs dropping on them. Also, if you tell them you have an allergy, they will change their gloves. And lucky, these cupcakes are the same price as the other cupcakes, and just as delicious! This is a major score!

Fenway Park

At Fenway Park, there is a little cart in the opening of Gate D where everything is gluten free, including hotdogs on really soft buns. The guy isn’t that sweet, but he’s gluten friendly and that’s what matters!

Oath (Fenway)

Oath cooks the pizza on a new tray, and they get new ingredients from a fresh container. I asked the manager to make my pizza, and he did a great job!

Chipotle (Fenway)

If you haven’t been to Chipotle, you are missing out. Almost everything is gluten free, even the chips! You just have to tell them you have an allergy, and they will change their gloves and get  non-contaminated cheese and lettuce from the back (since these are the only ingredients where they don’t use a spoon). (All the other ingredients they use spoons, they use their gloves for the lettuce and cheese which is an issue for cross contamination).

Tasty Burger (Fenway)

These burgers are hella good, and the fries and tater tots are gluten free! This is a must-try after a Red Sox game, and it’s the only place open for food at 2am on a weekday.

Sweetgreen (Fenway)

This is the best salad you will ever have in your entire life! If you tell them your allergy, they wash their hands and change their gloves. Everything, except the bread and falafel, is gluten free!

Paris Creperie

This is my absolute favorite place to eat! They are 100% safe with allergies and they have a separate area that they make the GF crepes. My favorites are the John Goudaman and the Nutella with strawberries! If you need somewhere to eat around Fenway, a trip to this restaurant is worth it!

I really hope this helps you find some new safe places to eat!

I am a junior at Emmanuel College. I am a math major that also loves writing (weird I know). I hope that my articles can add a little light to your day, because they will probably not be educational!
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.