This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Exercising in college can be really hard, especially if you played on a team in high school and you’re not continuing with it. Going to the gym can be great but let’s be real, if you don’t know what you’re doing, going to the gym sucks. Nothing is worse than doing bicep curls with the five pound weights, and then having men’s lacrosse team come into the Joe’s gym and start lifting weights of a size that you can never comprehend even picking up.

Never fear though, there is a way to exercise without this happening to you- Yoga Club! Yoga Club meets every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-8 in Avenue Commons. You don’t have to be a yoga pro to go; the classes are a range of beginner to intermediate, and the teachers always make suggestions to modify if there is a certain pose you can’t get into. The classes are vinyasa based, which means that there is a focus on breathing from one pose to the next. They have a sun salutation flow base with other poses mixed in. Almost every class is different because we get teachers from many different studios in Boston to come teach! This provides an awesome variation and each workout is new.

The classes offer you the opportunity to take a productive break from homework, leaving you feeling invigorated and calm to finish off your work for the night… or get a early night’s sleep. Yoga is a great de-stresser and will leave you feeling much better than when you came because, as the wise Elle Woods says, “endorphins make you happy,” and may even cause you to have less angst towards your professors.

A small but mighty 5'4 female who is a lover of dogs, all things chocolate and fashion. Sophomore at Emmanuel College.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.