This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Boston is a beautiful, bustling city full of life and vibrancy. We’re extremely lucky to have this city as our playground! This fall, there are tons of fun and exciting things to do. Let the Her Campus at Emmanuel team be your guide…

Eimile Bowden’s Pick:

Go leaf-hunting. Remember when you were little and looked for cool leaves? As it turns out, it’s still just as fun! Except now you can do something a little more advanced with your cool fall leaves. Instead of gluing them to a piece of paper, try some leaf art and paint them!

Lauren Cullinane’s Pick:

Go feed the ducks! You can venture to the Boston Commons if you’re feeling adventurous, but one of my favorite little spots is right by Clemente field. There are usually ducks there before the New England weather gets too cold, and it’s a great mini-activity if you’re swamped with school work. Keep in mind that ducks can’t properly digest carbohydrates, so steal some nuts, seeds, lettuce, and fruits like raisins and cranberries from the dining hall beforehand!

Jess Tartaglio’s Pick:

As fall is ending and right before Thanksgiving break go to the Faneuil Hall tree lighting ceremony. This is an annual event that always has a huge turnout. If you’re someone who loves getting in the Christmas spirit early, this is the event for you. There is music and a unique ceremony each year, as Faneuil Hall is transformed into a winter scene. You can go with family or friends this year on November 19th at 8 p.m.. It’s best to get there early if you want a spot close enough to see the ceremony and entertainment or get a picture with the tree!

Hannah Lynam’s Pick:

For those that are itching for Christmas during fall, one option is to go ice skating on Boston Common Frog Pond!  Skating opens up to the public mid-November and when the weather is cold enough to allow for the ice.  One of the best times to go is at night when the christmas lights are lit up on the surrounding trees! There is a $6 admission fee and you can rent skates if you do not have your own. Not a good ice skater? Grab hot cocoa from the Thinking Cup and just enjoy the moment! Definitely a cute night out!

Autumn Dube’s Pick:

Take advantage of the warm sunshine while it lasts by finding places that offer outdoor seating to enjoy brunch. There is nothing better than a sunny day filled with mimosas, bacon, and good company. Try Dillon’s Restaurant and Bar right on Boylston. They have a delicious eggs benedict and yummy tater tots! I had a drink called “The Elvis” because I love him, and wow was it good. Bring your friends and shop on Newbury after for an ideal afternoon in Boston!

Betsy Roy’s Pick:

I love adventuring around the greater Boston area, and stumbled upon this adorable bakery that serves both sweet treats and brunch. Although every time is the perfect time to go to Tatte Bakery and Cafe, I love to go during the fall when you can snuggle into one of their comfortable chairs with a latte and a book.

Victoria Harding’s Pick:

Even though the temperature is plummeting, it is never the wrong time for a milkshake! Boston Burger Company is a short walk away, and good news for Colleges of the Fenway students: they accept Fenway Cash! In addition to their out-of-this-world food, they make their shakes masterpieces, which provides the perfect photo opportunity for any Instagram account. My personal favorite is the Nutella shake. This is the perfect place to go with family and friends for either a satisfying meal or to just stop by for dessert!

Sammy Martin’s Pick:

When the temperature drops, it’s nice to be able to find fun (and cheap) things to do indoors. I highly recommend going to the Mapparium at the Mary Baker Eddy Library. The Mapparium is three-story-tall globe made of stained glass that gives you a 360-degree view of the world. Admission is only $4 for students with an ID and a tour lasts 15 minutes. The tour includes a history of the exhibit as well as a light show. At the end, you get 5 minutes to mill about the space and experiment with the super cool acoustics within the globe – your voice is projected like surround sound! Definitely worth checking out!

If you wind up at any of these places/events this semester, tag us in your photos @HCEmmanuel and use #FollowMeHCE for a chance to be featured on our social media channels!

Her Campus Emmanuel
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.