This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Looking for something festive to watch tonight? Look no further than these Her Campus at Emmanuel team picks!

Eimile Bowden’s Pick: White Christmas

My little theatre heart just loves White Christmas. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend that you do! It’s filled with classy dance numbers, old timey romance, and catchy songs. I’m obsessed.

Liz Racine’s Pick: Love Actually

Everything about this movie is just perfect, from the all star cast to the plethora of turtlenecks and British accents. How could you not cheer at the little redhead boy’s airport escapades in order to tell a girl he loves her or get teary in the scene where Colin Firth proposes to Aurelia in broken Portuguese? It is both heartwarming and funny, and I love watching all the different storylines come together. Plus, Hugh Grant’s dance moves make me want to stand outside his door with that “To me, you are perfect” sign. Remember guys, love actually is all around.

Emily Tessier’s Pick: Elf

My whole family watches this movie every year. We all love the part where Buddy sneaks into the womens’ locker room and sings with Jovie.

Autumn Dube’s Pick: Christmas With the Kranks

This isn’t my top choice, but it’s definitely on my must-watch list for Christmas break! This is one of those movies I love watching with my mom, we both really enjoy Tim Allen and the whole family dynamic. The plot, the intense christmas decor, and the silly humor is perfect for a cozy night in by the fireplace.

Lauren Cullinane’s PIck: It’s a Wonderful Life

My family watches this movie together every Christmas; it’s become a tradition for us. It’s truly a Christmas classic and puts life into perspective. It’s hard not to sympathize with George Bailey, and it’s equally hard not to love Clarence the angel! My favorite scene is at the very end when little Zuzu tells her father, “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings”, and George winks knowing Clarence got his wings by helping him…my heart swells with happiness every time!

Gianna Mangiarelli’s PIck: A Charlie Brown Christmas

My family watches all the Charlie Brown holiday specials each year. When picking out Christmas trees, we often joke that we should just get a “Charlie Brown tree”. It has even become a tradition that we listen to the soundtrack on Christmas morning!

Liv Richard’s Pick: Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas

This is without a doubt my most favorite movie of all time. The Grinch is perfectly portrayed by Jim Carrey. He is the most relatable character and this movie goes beyond the Christmas season and is something I can watch all year round. Perfection personified.

Christina Listro’s Pick: Meet Me in St. Louis

This classic is a lesser known film with Judy Garland and it’s just sheer perfection! This movie shares the life of the Smith sisters and ends with a beautiful Christmas celebration set in the Victorian style. This film is a musical and it’s actually the movie that “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” was written for. I love this movie because I remember my mom sharing it with me for the first time. It’s a lovely change if you want a non traditional classic  Christmas movie.

Enjoy! HCXO

Her Campus Emmanuel
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.