books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The 6 Signs of Finals Week as Told by Memes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

1. You cling onto your coffee for dear life. We get it, finals are tough. All you want to do is curl up in your bed and take a three hour nap because let’s face it, you were probably up all night studying. That trip to Starbucks or  vanilla latte from the new coffee machine is probably the only thing getting you through the day. We feel you.

2. People are either really dressed up or really dressed down. There are so many dressy events this time of year. Everybody seems to be going to a formal, a gala, an induction, or another classy event. Chances are, you did too! But if you’re not getting ready for a red carpet event, you’re probably curled up in sweats on one of the library couches.

3. You’ve probably had a mental breakdown at some point this week. If you’re like me and you have four finals and three finals projects to do this week, you’ve probably either already had a mental breakdown, or one is on its way. But have no fear, soon the week will be over and it will be summer break!

4. You’ve facetimed your dog at least once. This week is a tough one, and there’s no shame in needing some quality time with your furry best friend. After all, a dog is a (wo)man’s best friend.

5. You’re constantly tired. It seems like whether you get two or ten hours of sleep per night, you’re going to be tired the next day anyway. If the constant studying isn’t wearing you down, the stress of always thinking about finals is. Either way, you’re exhausted and fantasizing about the next time you can take a nap.

6. You can’t stop thinking about summer. No matter how hard this week may get, you take comfort knowing that summer is right around the corner. Whether that means quality family time, endless days at the beach with your friends, working, or taking summer classes, we know you can’t wait.

All of the writing papers and studying may suck now, but that “A” will feel so good later. Happy studying!

Just your average girl singing in the car, binge-watching netflix, and trying to graduate college.
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.