5 Carefree Springtime Adventures for College Kids in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! Spring has officially sprung, ladies and gents, so it’s time to start thinking about all of the wonderful things you can do now that the snow is finally melting and your fingers no longer turn blue the minute you step outside. So, get a group of friends together and plan out a quick and easy daytime adventure! We’re here to make memories, and springtime is the perfect time to do so.

1. Visit your city’s most famous art museums

For most of us college kids, we can get into awesome local museums for free! Many museums include beautiful gardens and outdoor areas that are best to enjoy in the spring, so why not take advantage? Grab a couple of friends and take a trip to the MFA and hang out in the Japanese garden, or spend some time with the springtime flowers at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Besides, we could all use a little more art and culture in our lives.

2. Go for a picnic in the park (Or Commons)

Pack a lunch, set up a blanket, and claim the best spot in the Commons for some mid-day snacking! The Boston Common is huge and so full of life; it really is one of the best places in the city to socialize. Grab a group of friends and take a walk! Sit by the edge of the pond, hang half your body over the side of the bridge, or spend some quality time with the ducklings in the Boston Public Gardens. There are endless amounts of adventures to be had in the Commons, and now’s the time to have them!

3. Go food truck jumping

If you’re the type of  college student that doesn’t have a fridge packed with breads and deli meats and can’t really pack a lunch for your adventure, you’re in luck! This city is absolutely crawling with food trucks. Whether you’re in the Commons, the Fens, or taking a stroll down Newbury, you are bound to see a food truck parked on the sidewalk. Some of our favorites include the Clover Food Truck (get the fries, you won’t regret it), the Baja Taco Truck, the Cupcake City Truck, and Roxy’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese. Bon Apetit!

4. Take some festive springtime pics

[Photo courtesy of Melanie Albright]

We all have that one friend with some serious photography skills and super-whamodyne camera, so why not put them to good use? Go on a hunt for some beautifully scenic spots in the city and host your own mini photoshoot! Everyone who follows you on social media will be SO jealous when they see you and your BFFs having fun in the sun, and you’ll be sure to get tons of likes and comments!

5. Host a study sesh in your favorite spot on campus

That’s right EC beachers, we’re talking to you! While you’re out there lounging on the quad, why not be productive while doing so? The warm sun is a real motivator, let me tell you. Sit down with your laptop, finish some equations, or maybe start that book for K McGuire that you’ve been putting off til the last second… The time is now, ladies and gents, so pick your favorite spot on campus and get to work! Those finals are coming up faster than you’d ever expect.

Whether you’re finding the time to be productive or spending quality time with friends, springtime is the best to do so! Make sure to tag Her Campus at Emmanuel in any of your festive springtime activity pics, or use the hashtag #HCEsignsofspring for a chance to be featured on our Instagram! Happy adventuring boys and girls!

Big thanks to Sammy Martin for the beautiful rep photo!

Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime! 
Her Campus Emmanuel