nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 17 Stages of Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It’s that time of year again…finals week. The time when we all slowly lose our minds, trying to get our grades up with the hopes of saving our GPAs.  No matter what finals you are studying for, you probably have gone through these steps or you will soon. At least we’re all in it together!

1. After a long week of final projects and research papers it’s time for the weekend! You can finally hang out with friends!

1. Then Sunday hits and you realize  finals are Thursday…

1. But you still have time so you plan to study later.

1. By Reading Day you have a plan made for the day!

1. But halfway through the day you’ve given up on trying to study so reading any sentence of notes becomes an accomplishment.

1. And then you decide  you deserve a break, so you watch an episode (or two) of Netflix.

1. But you regret every second when it is almost midnight and you have no idea what will be on your final.

1. So coffee becomes your best friend as you pull an allnighter in the library.

1. Halfway through the night you reevaluate what is truly important in life.

1. First exam time and you see everyone else is just as dead and nervous as you.

1. But you still feel positive that you can do it!

1. Once you get your exam, you look at the first question and can already tell how this is going to go.

1. You finish struggling through the exam, and hand it in to the professor, hoping for the best.

1. Relief washes over you as you walk out of the room, knowing you will never go through that again.

1. You go through the same processes to study for your other finals

1. But then it happens….you finish all of your finals!

1. And the best part of all is finally here…sleep.

By the end of this week we will all be spending nights together in the library and eating meals because it’s a break from studying.  Finals may seem like a stressful time now but know that you can get through this! Speaking of which, here’s some much needed inspiration to get you through this crazy week. Good luck with finals!

Hannah Lynam

Emmanuel '19

Hannah Lynam is currently an undergraduate at Emmanuel College with a major in Biology: Health Sciences. This is her third year as part of Her Campus and she is more than excited to eat more Georgetown Cupcakes, go to fashion shows, and spend time with her chapter! She has a deep obsession with seals, sweets, and all things L.L. Bean!
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.