11 Classic Nail Polish Picks for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

A good manicure can really add flair to an outfit or help you look and feel polished (pun intended) even on those days that you throw on leggings and a sweatshirt and call it a day. And since fall is in full swing, why not pick up some great polish colors for this time of year? Whether you do your nails weekly like me, or you’re more of a special-occasion kind of girl, here are some classic fall colors that are personal favorites of mine.

1. Malaga Wine, O.P.I.

This deep burgundy is the perfect shade of red for fall. Bonus: it’s great for when Christmas rolls around, too!

2. Recycle, China Glaze

Lately, I’ve been really into this light grey color from China Glaze. It’s great for when you want to go neutral, but not as dark and bold as a standard black. I recommend finishing this off with a matte top coat.

3. Viking In a Vinter Vonderland, O.P.I.

This bold, deep purple is so dark, it’s almost black. It looks great paired with soft neutrals!

4. Fifth Avenue, China Glaze

Pinks are usually saved for spring or summer, but this darker pink has mauve tones in it that make it perfect for fall. The dusty rose shade will compliment any neutral-toned outfits nicely.

5. Cocoa Karma, Essie

This warm, coffee-colored shade of brown is a great neutral to have in your collection. It’s the perfect balance between your soft taupes and your dark browns.

6. Cosmo-Not Tonight, Honey!, O.P.I

I’m usually not one to go for the shimmery nail polishes, but I love this shiny shade from O.P.I. It’s on the lighter side, so it comes out subtle, but with just enough shine to grab attention.

7. Through the Grapevine, Wet n’ Wild

If you’re looking to save some money on your nail polish, this is one to keep in mind! Wet’n’Wild is a less expensive alternative, but I’ve always had a lot of luck with their polishes. This berry shade is great for fall.

8. Bit Faker, Butter London

This one is on the pricier side as far as nail polish goes, but look out for this and other designer brands at department stores where they’re often offered at a lower price. I’m obsessed with this glittery gold-brown, and I found it for super cheap at my local Marshall’s!

9. Forbidden Fudge, Sally Hansen

See how we have a theme going here with the neutrals? This shade of chocolate brown will go perfectly with your favorite fall boots or burgundy sweater.

10. Going Incognito, Essie

I love this hunter green shade from Essie. It has just enough of a blue undertone to make it stand out from your standard dark green polishes.

11. Black Onyx, O.P.I.

I know, black is always in. But especially in fall, neutrals are everywhere, so now is the perfect time to bust out your signature shade of black. This one is my go-to.

Holliston//Boston Current senior at EC, future teacher of your children Things that make me happy include: Christmas, new bottles of nail polish, ice cream cookie sandwiches, a good book, and anyone who can understand my Friends jokes. 
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.