This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It seems like nowadays you never know what is going into the beauty products you use everyday. Believe it or not, there are some all-natural products that have infinite benefits when you include them in your beauty routine. Here are some products to incorporate into your beauty routine for a chemical-free look!

1. Aloe Vera

Aloe vera has a number of uses for both skin and hair care. For instance, aloe vera makes a great skin moisturizer, given its reputation for calming irritated skin. It can be also be used in a DIY shampoo, as a leave-in conditioner, or even as brow gel.  

2. Coconut Oil

Like aloe vera, coconut oil can be used as a skin moisturizer and can soothe a sunburn. But did you know that you can also use this extraordinary oil as a makeup remover, teeth whitener and lip balm?

3. Castile Soap

This multipurpose soap works wonders as a body wash, hand soap, and face wash, meaning less trips to the grocery store for you!

4. Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is essential to an all-natural beauty routine. It makes for a great toner, as it is known for its acne-fighting properties; shampoo, since it wards off build-up and prevents dandruff; and can even boost your immune system when consumed with water.

5. Lavender Essential Oil

You may have heard of the many benefits of essential oils, but this oil definitely comes out on top. Dab a couple drops of lavender essential oil on a cotton ball to treat acne (or improve your overall complexion), or rub it under your eyes with aloe vera to reduce the appearance of dark circles.

6. Lemon

Lemons make for an amazing face wash– in that all you have to do is cut one in half rub it on your face. For your hair, use lemon to restore shine and enhance your natural highlights.

7. Witch Hazel

Witch Hazel is perhaps best known as a tried and true toner. However, some say this product works miracles when it comes to reducing the appearance of bruises and sun damage.

8. Bentonite Clay

Mainly used for the skin, this clay actually makes your face pulsate! Use bentonite clay once every 1-2 weeks as a face mask to extract the pores of build up, or use it as a body wrap, insect bite treatment, or in a detoxifying foot bath.

9. Honey

For the hair, use honey to treat split ends and stimulate hair growth. For the face, honey works best in combination with lemon juice to treat blackheads and mend chapped lips. Just be sure to use raw, local honey to help save the bees!

10. Water!

One of the most underrated sources of beautiful hair and skin, water is essential to an all-natural beauty routine. Drinking enough water results in more moisturized hair and the flushing out of acne-causing toxins.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas of how to create a healthier beauty regimen– and at a fraction of the cost!

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.