10 Items That Will Make You Want to Shop at Trader Joe’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Ah yes, Trader Joe’s. The quirkier, less expensive version of Wholefoods. I’ve recently become obsessed with shopping at this market for its aesthetic, reasonable prices, and overall feel good vibe. The free samples also don’t hurt. Personally, I believe that everyone should experience the magic that is Trader Joe’s, so here are 10 items to hopefully convince you to give it a try. Trust me, it’s worth finding a location near you.

1. Cookie Butter

That’s right. Just like peanut butter, but made out of cookies. You seriously have to try it.

2. “Two Buck Chuck”

Forget Target’s $5 wine, Trader Joe’s sells bottles for $2.99! Exact price varies depending on location, but how could you pass up a deal like that?

3. Microwave Mac & Cheese

As simple as making easy mac, but with a homemade taste. You’ll thank me for this one.

4. Açai Packets

Now you can have a trendy and delicious açai bowl on the daily, in the comfort of your own home!

5. Vegetable Fried Rice and Orange Chicken

These two are a game changer. No need to order out when you can pick these up!

6. Skincare

Trader Joe’s has a great health and beauty section, with a variety of all natural and cruelty free skincare products. A personal favorite is the Blueberry & Açai Facial Scrub.

7. Produce

We could all use more fresh fruits and veggies in our diets– the trouble is that they are so expensive. I always find that Trader Joe’s gives me the most bang for my buck when it comes to produce, allowing room in my budget for other things (meaning cookie butter). This was a big pull for me when I started shopping there!

8. Organic French Roast Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate

Trying to save some money? Cut down your weekly coffee expenses, and give this a try. Pro Tip: It’s really good paired with Trader Joe’s Coconut Creamer!

9. Just Mango Slices

These do the trick when mango season is over.10. Cheese Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust

This one’s for all my gluten free friends out there! This GF pizza is on Trader Joe’s list of best selling products. It’s so delicious, you wouldn’t even know that the crust is made out of cauliflower if it wasn’t advertised on the box. Even if gluten isn’t a concern in your diet, this pizza a slightly healthier option.

Whether you’re looking to save some money, or purchase food that you can feel good about, grab your reusable bags and give Trader Joe’s a try the next time you go grocery shopping!

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.