This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With Thanksgiving now behind us, winter is here. Pumpkin Spice Latte consumption goes down, and they are replaced with Gingerbread Lattes and Caramel Brulee. With the seasons come change, and it’s the perfect time to also start thinking about winter nail polish colors.

One of the best colors for winter is gray. It is a wonderful alternative to sad and overused black, and it can look sparkly and playful also.

Several major holidays take place in winter, and no color says “holiday season” like a deep red! Your family members will compliment you on your festive nails and you’ll definitely give Rudolph a run for his money.

If red seems a bit bold for you–or you simply want a change–you might want to go with a dark green. The color is reminiscent of evergreen trees, which is also very fitting for the season.

Or maybe you want to paint your nails dark blue. This color goes very well with winter’s dark skies, and is unique enough to make your nails stand out–but not too shocking, either.

Winter, especially in Boston, can get very chilly. Painting your nails white is reminiscent of snow, which is perfect for the season.

Take your pick… you can’t go wrong!

Charlotty Herman is a freshman journalism student at Emerson College. She was an editor on her high school's yearbook staff and over the summer, she had an internship with the Reboot Fellows. As well as journalism, she is passionate about the Spanish language, which she has been taking for seven years now. She loves Boston, and when not in class, she enjoys creative writing, fashion, and drinking coffee.
Emerson contributor