Why Everyone Still Loves Friends, 20 Years Later

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

When Friends premiered I was only 4 years old, and when the last episode aired I was in the fourth grade. Though I wasn’t in the ‘Friends generation’, I started watching the show through reruns, and have now seen every episode countless times and consider it to be my absolute favorite show. So how did a show that captivated my mom go on to captivate me as well? That’s the magic of Friends. On September 22nd, the show celebrated it 20th anniversary and is still one of the highest rated shows in syndication. So why do we all still love Friends, even 20 years later? Here are some of the best moments from Friends throughout its 10 year run!

Joey and Chandler

Even though I love Monica and Chandler together, it was a sad day when Chandler moved out of his apartment with Joey to go live with Monica. BFFs.

Ross and Rachel

through the good…

and the bad…

Monica and Chandler

Sorry not sorry, but Monica and Chandler were a WAY better couple than Ross and Rachel. When Monica and Chandler got engaged, I cried. When Rachel ‘got off the plane’, I didn’t (okay, I did).

Phoebe’s remarks

But the best things happened when they were all together

Currently a sophomore film production student at Emerson College!
Emerson contributor