What Does Your EmCafe Order Say About You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As energetic Emerson College students, we find ourselves busy beyond belief. We have meetings and internships, classes and film shoots; it can get pretty exhausting.  We barely have time to breath let alone relax, so it gets hard to keep our energy levels up and our spirits high. 

This is where EmCafe comes in, because there’s nothing quite like getting out of four hours of class to be welcomed with a steaming cup of coffee and a croissant—believe me I know. Everyone walks with an EmCafe treat in hand, whether it’s a delicious latte, a steaming cup of tea, a warm bagel or a gooey grilled cheese (pesto and cheddar cheese for me please.)

We all have the order to which we are the most faithful, the order we get every Tuesday and Thursday between our two classes, or every Friday afternoon after a hard yoga session.

So what does your order say about you?

1. Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese

You’re probably in a hurry; you’re going to your first class of the day and plan on eating it while your professor is unpacking his bag and making unnecessary small talk—you roll your eyes but continue eating this delicious bagel anyway. You like a little spice in your life, and you’re probably a little indecisive, but you can’t help but indulge in a little carb-y goodness before you take the day by storm.

2. Plain Croissant

You don’t have time to wait in the never-ending line at EmCafe, and you couldn’t care less that the croissant will probably break apart in your hands as you eat it.  It’s probably a mid-afternoon snack, and you probably don’t even have time to enjoy it before you’re jumping on the T to get to your next destination. You’re very independent and a go-getter, and you don’t have time for anyone’s crap.

3. Vanilla Latte and a Greek yogurt

Again, that EmCafe line—dear lord does it ever end? You probably just got out of that Zumba class and you’re itching for a post workout snack. You want something sweet, just like you. You’re peppy, fun, and a free spirit. You’re meeting up with some friends later to discuss your weekend plans and don’t have time for a full meal. But that’s okay, you know you’re going to pig out at the DH later—and love every second of it.

4. Nantucket Nectar and a Cheese Melt

What better way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon than with a few friends having a nice late lunch at EmCafe? Nope, can’t think of anything. Especially since the people watching you’ll be able to do as people walk along Boylston is too interesting to miss. It’s the weekend, time to sit back, relax, and just take everything in. You’re pretty laid back, even if your workload would say otherwise. You enjoy a good time, but also like time to sit in a quiet place with some music and your own thoughts. Grilled cheese included.

5. Tomato Mozzarella Panini

You’re probably taking this back to your dorm, needing the peace and quiet that your room allows. You just wanted a sandwich, but a sandwich with sass because—duh, sass is your middle name.  It’s really just a glorified grilled cheese, you know, but you feel like a queen eating it and you are one. You’re probably involved in more organizations than you can count, and you’ve probably climbed to the top of the ladder in each. You’re a leader and you know your future will be full of success.

6. Cranberry Juice and a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Croissant

You’ve got an interview in twenty minutes, a research paper due at 6, and a meeting where your article is due at 9. It’s safe to say your day is packed and scheduled to the T. But even though the stress of your daily life would smother others, you know exactly how to handle it. You’ve probably had that paper ready for days. You’ve got an air of professionalism that others would kill to have, and you know it. You’re on top of your game, and ready for life to bring it on.

All in all, EmCafe is the place to be. It’s there for you when you’re sad, when you’re happy, and even when you’re so stressed all you can do is roll into a ball and cry. We all know what we like and we know how it can make our day so much better. I mean, how can you resist a toasty bagel on a rainy Sunday morning? I know I can’t. So lace up your boots, throw on your cozy fall sweaters, and go get the order that’s just right for you!

Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop