What does your Alex and Ani bracelet say about you?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Is it a charm bracelet? Is it a bangle? It’s both! Alex and Ani bracelets are all the rage lately, and for good reason. These American made bracelets offer a simple take on the long-beloved charm bracelet. Not only are they a great way to show off your individuality by stacking different bracelets from your wrist to your elbow, the bracelets are infused with positive energy. Stylish, eco-friendly, and they reinforce good vibes? I’m sold. They are also functional; they can be worn with any look – dressed up or down and are available in either gold or silver. The bracelets are for women of all shapes and sizes, as they are expandable to fit any wrist! If bangles aren’t your thing, the brand also includes necklaces, earrings, rings and other types of bracelets. Another cool aspect to the Alex and Ani brand is that each charm has a meaning, take a look at a few types:

Piece of the Puzzle:

The puzzle piece charm is all about individuality, discovery and unity. Each bracelet comes with a small black card describing the meaning of the bangle, and the card for the puzzle piece states: “Embrace the energy of the Piece of the Puzzle Charm and realize that we are all interwoven parts of a greater masterpiece.” Twenty percent of the sales of this charm will go directly to the National Autism Association that educates families of the autism community. You can buy a great bangle and give to charity all at the same time – most definitely a win-win situation.

Plume Feather Wrap:

Some Alex and Ani bangles don’t have dangling charms, like this feather wrap! This particular bracelet stands for truth, virtue and light. Wear this feather to seek wisdom and reach new heights.

Collections:

There is an Alex and Ani for everybody and for any interests. Support your favorite sports team, and the USA during the Olympics. Rock your sororities’ letters, represent your birthstone and get a charm with the first letter of your name. There are charms for the Armed Forces, for the Kentucky Derby and for each Zodiac symbol. These bracelets are the ultimate jewelry for self-expression. You can wear as many or as few as you like. They even have a couple types for men! So next time you want to get your jewelry fix, head to the Alex and Ani store on Newbury and shop ‘til you drop. Just a head’s up – they aren’t too expensive, starting at $28. 

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Alicia and a senior here at Emerson College. I created my own major called Magazine Studies, incorporating the fields of journalism, publishing and marketing. I want to be a magazine journalist after college, ideally at a mag like Seventeen! I love writing profiles, reviews and about anything television and movies. I'm a sister of Sigma Pi Theta and Co-President of Emerson's community service group, Imagine. 
Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop