This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Hey there, collegiettes! I’m sure that by now, you’ve all finished up the last of your midterms. And with Thanksgiving next week, there’s finally a small lull in the workload and time to regroup. In other words, until the next bout of testing arrives—finals do have a way of sneaking up on us—you deserve a long-awaited break.

For fans of the hit NBC comedy, Parks and Recreation, “treat yo’self” is a way of life. It’s like hakuna matata except you also get to buy yourself frivolous items and fancy foods. Tom Haverford and Donna Meagle of Parks and Rec are partial to clothes, fragrances, massages, mimosas, and fine leather goods but, you can treat yo’ self to just about anything. Below are a few ideas as to how a Bostonian gal can treat herself:

1. Bliss

During midterms, self-care like painted nails, body moisturizing, and the likes just go out the window. Get to the place that calls itself “spa-tastic” stat and get the beauty treatment fit for a queen.

2. Retail Therapy

Head down posh Newbury St. or Harvard Square and shop ‘till you drop. Boots, a coat, a brand new dress, buy something nice and get that instantaneous joy that only the swipe of a credit card can provide.

3. Fine Dining

You and I both know that the dining hall got old after the first semester of freshman year. Get dressed up and make a reservation for the restaurant you usually wait around to go to whenever your parents are in town. Trust me, your stomach will thank you.

4. See a Show

The ballet, orchestra, something on ice, a rock concert: the possibilities are endless here in Boston. Head over to livenation.com and find out who is in town. Buy a pair of tickets; this makes for the perfect date or roomie bonding time.

5. Take a trip

With the commuter rail, bus systems, and zip cars all in easy reach, pick a mode of transportation and go somewhere! Be it Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, there are many states that are a short distance from Massachusetts and a change of scenery will do you good.

Erin is now a senior at Emerson College in Boston, MA pursuing a degree in Print & Multimedia journalism. Originally from West Orange, New Jersey, Erin enjoys fashion, baking, hiking, traveling, and sharks. She is currently Co-Campus Correspondent of Emerson's Her Campus branch, and recently worked as an Editorial/Web Production intern and freelancer for Details.com at Conde Nast in New York City. Follow her on Twitter @appenzo.