Summer Workout Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Now’s the time that everyone starts heading back to the gym to get ready for summer, AKA bikini season. Everyone wants to burn those winter pounds off, but sometimes you need a little musical motivation to get your muscles pumping to get into perfect shape for the warm weather just around the corner.

This collection of songs is a mix of old and new tunes. It starts with somewhat slow-paced songs to warm you up, and then gets into fast-paced, high-energy songs to get your body moving. The playlist ends with perfect songs to cool down to. You could use any combination of these songs to fit in with your individual work out routine.  These songs are ones that you just can’t help but sing along to, and get your energy up to exercise and get fit for the summer.

1. Love on Top – Beyoncé
(Great warm up song!)

2. Feel So Close – Calvin Harris

3. Glad You Came – The Wanted

4. Domino – Jessie J

5. Toxic – Britney Spears

6. American Boy – Estelle ft. Kanye West

7. Teenage Dream – Katy Perry

8. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen

9.  Mr. Brightside – The Killers

10.  Love You Like a Love Song – Selena Gomez and the Scene

11. Candyman – Christina Aguilera

12. Hey Ya — OutKast

13. Sexy Back – Justin Timberlake

14. Are You Gonna Be My Girl – Jet

15. Some Nights – Fun.

16. You Make My Dreams Come True – Hall & Oates

17. Lonely Boy – The Black Keys

18. Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson

19. Paradise – Coldplay

20. Sail – AWOLNATION

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.