kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer Sun Protection Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The first warm days of the year are here, and summer will be here before we know it! It’s important to remember sun protection when we get ready in the warmer months. The beach and pool are usually when we remember SPF, but wearing it every day is important. It protects your skin from diseases and wrinkles, and nobody wants those down the line. Here are two fun makeup items and two cute clothing items that contain SPF.

Lip Balm

The Neutrogena revitalizing lip balm is the best because not only does it contain SPF 20, but it also has a beautiful tint. The greatest part is that there are six shades, from very light to very dark. 

Tinted Moisturizer

This tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier is a holy grail item for many beauty gurus, and it lives up to the rave reviews. It feels silky and light on the skin, and offers a good amount of sun protection.

Bikini Top

How cute is this bikini top from Cabana Life? All of their products have built-in SPF, so you don’t burn your skin while you’re tanning on the beach.

Hat

Glamorous floppy hats are always in for summertime. Your head can actually get burnt from the sun when you’re lounging by the pool, so a hat with SPF is the cutest compromise! 

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor