This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Spring has arrived, which means so have formals! It is the time of year where you can finally expose your legs without wearing tights, and wear a dress with color, patterns and no sleeves. Below are a few options for your upcoming spring formal!

A huge trend this winter was satin, and it continues well into spring! Satin is a perfect option for a spring formal dress. It adds a luxurious texture, while being comfortable, simple and easy to dress up or down. Floral dresses are another popular choice! Spring screams everything flora and fauna, so why not sport the look at your formal? It is feminine, colorful and a great pattern on everyone. If you aren’t interested in either, and just plan on sporting an LBD, try one that is off the shoulders. It spices up the basic trend and gives it more flare and a unique style. It also shows off the collar bone, which looks amazing on anyone!

Try out these looks for your next spring formal! Maybe we will see one on one of our members at the Her Campus Boston formal!

Emerson contributor