Spring Decoration Tutorial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The flowers outside are starting to bloom, so maybe it’s time to brighten up your room too! I’m going to show you a simple and inexpensive way to make your dorm room a bit more Spring friendly! Try making these adorable paper flowers and put them on your walls or even hand them out to your friends!

You’re going to start off with two sheets of tissue paper (each color has two sheets, so four sheets total), scissors, and some twist ties (which I bought for only $1.25!)

Begin by take two sheets of the same color tissue paper. You are going to fold it like an acordian about an inch thick. It doesn’t have to be perfect because it will be crumpled and molded later!

Next, cut the tips of both ends of the strip (either pointed or rounded for different types of petals)

Then fold it in half and tie the twist tie in the middle.

Lastly, pull apart the sheets of tissue paper and mold it into the shape you want the flower to be!

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.