This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Serena Kassow

Age: 19

Hometown: West Hartford, Connecticut

Year: 2016

Major: Acting/Marketing Communications

Hobbies and Passions: Food, eating, eating more, baking, shopping, and traveling.

What are you involved in on campus?

I am President of Emerson Hillel, which I love. I am a style writer for Your Mag, and I’m also on the beauty and styling committee for Fashion Society. I’ve also been involved in several different student films and theater projects.

Can you talk more about your work with Emerson Hillel?

With my work with Hillel I do a lot of work with other schools in the area, which is a great outlet to make new friends and broaden the communities together. I organize events and figure out what’s the best fit for our school, and what focus we want to put on the events. We have a lot of upcoming events surrounding Passover, which I’m really excited about. I try to make sure that everyone who is seeking out a community gets what they need and feels a part of our network of people, which is something I grew up with and is super important to me.

What are you involved in outside of school?

I’m a stylist at LF. Basically I get to meet and work with customers, style them head to toe in outfits that are on trend and flattering and make sense for them. I have to know what’s new, what’s in. I love it, it’s awesome. I also help recruit for Birthright Israel.

What is your most memorable Emerson moment so far?

After the World Series. I’m not a sports fan myself, but it was cool to see that kind of energy in the city that I now call home. We all ran into the Common and people were just so happy and coming together in a really cool way.

What do you want to do after you graduate?

I always say that I’d like to find a way to blend my two passions of fashion and acting. Hopefully I could get a job working in fashion during the day and still be able to go to auditions at the same time and then take it from there.

Jamie is a senior Writing, Literature and Publishing major at Emerson College in Boston, MA. She is the Her Campus Life Editor, a National Contributing Writer, and Campus Correspondent of the Emerson Her Campus chapter. Jamie plans to pursue a career in the magazine industry. See more of her work at: www.jamiemkravitz.com
Emerson contributor