Revolutionizing Sleep with Arianna Huffington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As college students, sleep isn’t always a priority. Co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Huffington Post, Arianna Huffington is working to revolutionize and change the way we sleep, one night at a time, with her latest book, The Sleep Revolution.

She didn’t get to where she is today without a lot of hard work and sleepless nights, but when it began to take a toll to the point where she collapsed from exhaustion, she knew it was time for a change. Her 12-step sleep manifesto isn’t unlike other 12 step programs; it identifies the key steps towards sleeping your way to a better and healthier life. 

You can join the #SleepRevolution by giving her book a read—it’s seriously worth your time. Plus, your body will thank you for it when you feel better after getting your sleep schedule into shape. Huffington demonstrates in her book that you do not need to work 24/7 to be on top, and that not getting adequate sleep can affect your health, work performance, relationships, ability to exercise and more. 

Especially in college, it’s easy to justify staying up all night to stress and work on a paper or assignment, but are you doing yourself or that paper any justice by doing so? Probably not. 

The goodies that came in our sleep kit are seriously amazing, and have definitely been helping me get a better nights sleep. An eye mask, a great pillow, a sleep tracker and a white noise maker were all included and have been getting a lot of use!

Remember collegiettes, nothing is worth sacrificing your health over, because at the end of the day, that’s the most important thing in your life. 

Get your copy on Amazon today!

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.