Quick and Healthy Dinners for the On-the-Go Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

When you’re on the go, eating can feel like a chore. The only easy things to grab are those you can heat up in a microwave, but that isn’t always healthy. Below are some quick and healthy recipes that are perfect for your on-the-go lifestyle.

Teriyaki Chicken

This meal is both quick and delicious, and it spices up cooking plain chicken. All you need is to cook pieces of chicken in a pan and add teriyaki sauce, and your meal is complete. Add some rice and a vegetable, which are easy steamers, and you’ll have a meal fit for a (busy) queen.

Chicken Avocado Burrito Wraps

Craving a burrito, but don’t want or have the time to make rice? These burritos take wholesome ingredients like avocado, cheese, chicken and whole wheat wraps to form a nutritious meal you can eat with one hand. It has fewer carbs without all the rice, but is just as yummy with the ooey gooey cheese.

Mediterranean Pasta Salad

In the mood for some light Greek food? This pasta salad can be eaten hot or cold and is filled with yummy vegetables to keep you going throughout the day. Add your favorite style of pasta, and your stomach will thank you.

Try these recipes for a quick and easy way to get your meals in during the day.

Emerson contributor