New England Patriots are on to Super Bowl XLIX

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

On January 18, Tom Brady and the rest of the New England Patriots dominated the Indianapolis Colts in all aspects of the game. After winning 45-7 in the pouring rain, the Patriots woke up to a unique controversy the next morning.

DeflateGate has become the main focus of the National Football League and sports news. It has been reported that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs had been deflated.

No matter the controversy, the Patriots are keeping their minds focused on their next game. The Patriots are on to the Super Bowl and will be playing last year’s champion, the Seattle Seahawks.

This will be the Patriots’ sixth trip to the Super Bowl since 2001. In that time, they have won three. Their last win was in 2004. Tom Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to lead his team to six Super Bowls.

Make sure to tune in on Sunday February 1, 2015.

Katelyn is a senior studying Marketing Communications and Journalism at Emerson College. She is involved with various marketing groups on campus and hopes to work in the entertainment or sports marketing industry. She spent a semester in Valencia, Spain and can be found at a Red Sox or Bruins game more often than not. You can find Katelyn on Twitter at @katelyngearan or @katelyn_gearan.
Emerson contributor